Revis and jets come to terms | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis and jets come to terms

Thank you for the congratuations on signing Revis back. I am more relieved at the dollar figure than the actual signing. I stand by my observation of him having zero leverage in the discussion at all still owing 3 years on his previous deal.
For those that think we are in cap hell, I am still trying to find the numbers that our mod dug up and posted on our board some months back. With the release of Faneca, Jones, Feely, and Washington, and then signing Holmes, Cromartie, Poole, and Taylor, we actually saved over 3 million this year. We were 12.5 million away from the cap before recent cuts, and after the Revis deal we settle somewhere in the neighborhood of 4million under cap. (When I say cap, I am talking about the most recent cap in place.) That puts us in the middle of the pack as far as NFL teams stand right now. If the cap is increased, I feel we can hang on to most of the big names we have signed this year. We may not keep both Edwards and Holmes both, because receivers tend to make considerable salaries if they produce, but we will keep one of them, and I am confident we will sign Cro long term if he performs as anticipated.

Thank you for the congratuations on signing Revis back. I am more relieved at the dollar figure than the actual signing. I stand by my observation of him having zero leverage in the discussion at all still owing 3 years on his previous deal.
For those that think we are in cap hell, I am still trying to find the numbers that our mod dug up and posted on our board some months back. With the release of Faneca, Jones, Feely, and Washington, and then signing Holmes, Cromartie, Poole, and Taylor, we actually saved over 3 million this year. We were 12.5 million away from the cap before recent cuts, and after the Revis deal we settle somewhere in the neighborhood of 4million under cap. (When I say cap, I am talking about the most recent cap in place.) That puts us in the middle of the pack as far as NFL teams stand right now. If the cap is increased, I feel we can hang on to most of the big names we have signed this year. We may not keep both Edwards and Holmes both, because receivers tend to make considerable salaries if they produce, but we will keep one of them, and I am confident we will sign Cro long term if he performs as anticipated.

nah it's obvious these dolphins fans know alot more about the cap than me, you are even the jets FO. don't be deluded, we are in cap hell. random cap geniuses on finheaven have told me so.

LT looks extremely washed up. Pre season means nothing. If you think pre season means so much, how can you be confident , Sanchez has looked terrible, you cant have it both ways. Your offense has been brutal, so hey that preseason is always accurate ! Jets are in for a long year, and sanchez is a bust.

So preseason doesn't mean anything when LT plays well, yet there is an entire thread on Finheaven devoted to how the Jets suck because their offense doesn't look great in preseason?

I love when opposing teams get scared.

Why does everyone on here think that preseason means nothing??? Preseason means something to every team, every year. Guys are cut and guys are kept based on preseason play. Hell, the Bills just cut a 2nd round pick in 2008 for an undrafted free agent rookie WR because......yup, he produced in the preseason!!!

The win/loss record of preseason means nothing, that we should all agree on. However, when starters line up against starters, it begins to mean something. If our guys can move the ball against your guys, such as the Colts always do every preseason it tends to mean chances are good your offense will be able to execute when the score does matter! The packers have looked ridiculous this preseason, and I don't see that changing at all. Dallas has struggled to score and I think they may start out the season with some troubles in the redzone. Preseason shows and means something to each football team. Only delusional fans try to play it off as nothing.

Good. I want the Jets at full strength so when we beat them twice there will be no excuses about injuries or holdouts.

Yes, I'm the delusional one. Spin it anyway you want to, the Jets were an average at best team in the regular season last year. They caught 3 lucky breaks, 2 in the regular season, one in the post season. And this was with Revis. The Jets haven't improved much in the offseason. Certainly not enough to jump from below average, to very good. How about you put your money where your mouth is? A sig bet would be great with me.

You can make evry excuse in the book but we were playing for the AFC Championship.

We had alot of bad breaks last season too, those things tend to even out. You don't lose too mnay games by 5 pts after allowing 3 non-offensibe TDs in a game but it happend just like some of the breaks we got.

I'll make a sig bet w/ you.

LOL u had no chance vs the colts, u got tortured.

We did lead in the 2nd half so we did have a chance.

Youy are delusional, my friend. Did you not see how you 'made' the play-offs, the Colts quit. You should never have been there,a nd then your boy Nate Kaeding comes thru for you.

Anyway, what I really wanna know is how do you figure Crotch is miles better then Bess? It surley isnt based on numbers, go look at them. Must be your unbiased opinion, to say he is miles better is absurd. Marshall is miles and miles better than anyone you got. Holmes is solid, that was a good move. I would much prefer the Phins WRs.

We made it more b/c teams like Miami choked rather than Indy not caring.

It's laughable to think Bess is better than Cotchery.

RB improved, what world is this in? Jones had a great year for you guys, no? LT is washed up, did you see him the last 2 years, pre season is meaningless. Greene looks good, but you will be lucky if he has the year Jones did last year. And McKnight LOL, he cant shine Leon Washingtons shoes. You really beleive you have a better runnung game, seriously??? come on now reallly?

Did you know who our best RB was in our most important games last year?

I think the Jets will regret cutting Richardson. Not that he's the difference maker but he really was a valuable part of the offense.

I agree, I was pissed we let him go but thankfully he is back.

Just keep in mind that before we made OL changes Thomas Jones ran for 3.6 YPC in 2007 then 4.5 in 2008 after the changes. behind this OL LT will be much more efficient.

Hell they'll be lucky if Greene can play a full 16 game season. Joe KcKnight blows. Tried to tell Jets fans that awhile ago. Was never impressed with him at USC.

Yet Ronnie is guaranteed to play 16 games, right?:lol2:

They will have to release half of these players next season.. we are building for the future, they are building for the now - which never works

:lol2: We are in great shape whent he cap comes back. We are building for now and the future, you guys keep holding onto hope for a future that might never come.

don't you think that if Lt still was really good the chargers would've let him go? if hes as good as Ur making him out to be still, why didn't the chargers just sign him for 1 more year on the cheap and he could've split carries like hes gonna be doing in NY anyways?

they let him go because he is ****in washed up as anyone. maybe he will get his tds, but it does not take a great rb to run the ball in from the 2 yd line on 3 tries and score.

anyways, since this is a revis thread, about revis, u guys were 9-7* last year. very average team. that's it. AVERAGE.

don't spew us this nonsense how u made the AFC championship, BC u shouldn't have been there to begin with if not given the opportunity by the colts in week 16, which they proved in the AFC championship game that they had given u the game BC they whooped Ur *****.[ yes i no u guys had the lead at halftime, but they still won by 13 pts and could have easily put up another 10 if not more if they had been playing aggressive offense the rest of the game with 9 minutes to go].

i do think revis is really good and if said he wasnt id be an absolute homer, but a very good cb is not going to bring a team to the superbowl. he can only cover 1 guy, and look how far that very good cb have gotten there teams on there own such as bailey,nhamdi, charles woodson, etc.

i no deion won , and was a big part of it, but he had talent on the offensive side of the ball also, something revis does not have to back them up.

expect 8-8, and be happy with anything better this year.

You keep talking about us being average, you do realize you guys were below average last year, right? You do realize you won just 5 games against teams besides the Jets, right?

It was time for a change for LT, he's comiong to a better OL, a better offense for him and he'll be better. He won't be the LT of 3-4 years ago but he'll be alot better than he was the last 2 years.

So we go 9-7 and make improvements but we'll go 8-8, does this mean you guys will go 6-10?

what it means is that, despite revis signing, u guys are far from unbeatable.

and for all those games we have played vs revis, our offense has done pretty well, aside from the 2nd game in 07 and last years 2nd game of the season, but thats because our offense was barely on the field for the 2nd half.

its not like when the jets play miami vs revis we cant move the ball on u guys. and now with the beast in miami beach, its going to be a lot tougher for u guys to contain our offense.

Who said we were unbeatable?

Our D has a big edge on your O, that doesn't mean your O will never do anything against us as you did in the first matchup last year but our D vs. your O is a biog edge for us.

Back
Top Bottom