Revis and jets come to terms | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis and jets come to terms

lol first of all LT doesn't look washed up. he may not be 200^ LT but he is an improvement over jones. we didnt have washington last year anyway so thats pretty much a moot point. he got seriously injured and thats that. but jones is not better than tomlinson. greene and tomlinson> jones and greene and you will see that very soon. and this is from watching tomlinson all preseason....the guy looks pretty damn good. cromartie>>>>>>>>sheppard and we have a kid named wilson as our number 3 who's been impressive as well. you're a funny guy. just because you hate the jets, it doesn't make their players suck.
an upgaqrde over jones? It makes me so so so happy you think that, as you will be so disappointed

I dont know what board you are on, but not many people are raving about Henne. Alot want Pennington to start. And do you honsetly think your runnung game will be better than last season?

if they stay healthy...then yes. there is a reason jones was benched late last year.

lol...whatever dude. LT looks fast with elusiveness and power. keep hating it's cool.
don't you think that if Lt still was really good the chargers would've let him go? if hes as good as Ur making him out to be still, why didn't the chargers just sign him for 1 more year on the cheap and he could've split carries like hes gonna be doing in NY anyways?

they let him go because he is ****in washed up as anyone. maybe he will get his tds, but it does not take a great rb to run the ball in from the 2 yd line on 3 tries and score.

anyways, since this is a revis thread, about revis, u guys were 9-7* last year. very average team. that's it. AVERAGE.

don't spew us this nonsense how u made the AFC championship, BC u shouldn't have been there to begin with if not given the opportunity by the colts in week 16, which they proved in the AFC championship game that they had given u the game BC they whooped Ur *****.[ yes i no u guys had the lead at halftime, but they still won by 13 pts and could have easily put up another 10 if not more if they had been playing aggressive offense the rest of the game with 9 minutes to go].

i do think revis is really good and if said he wasnt id be an absolute homer, but a very good cb is not going to bring a team to the superbowl. he can only cover 1 guy, and look how far that very good cb have gotten there teams on there own such as bailey,nhamdi, charles woodson, etc.

i no deion won , and was a big part of it, but he had talent on the offensive side of the ball also, something revis does not have to back them up.

expect 8-8, and be happy with anything better this year.

I dont know what board you are on, but not many people are raving about Henne. Alot want Pennington to start. And do you honsetly think your runnung game will be better than last season?
I heard from a little birdy that henne has until week 4, given he has had a bad 4 weeks. If he cannot get it done, pennington will be the starter for the rest of the season.

The fact that such a reasonable, non-earth shattering deal was struck kinda frustrates me that they couldn't have gotten this done earlier.

But ultimately a good deal for both sides. Mangold, Brick and Revis signed in one offseason, not bad at all.

That's exactly what I was thinking whent I heard the terms. Sounds like this could've been dona a while ago. Whatever, I'm just glad he's in & that the Jets didn't cave to his demands.

Why give Jet fans/idiots an excuse when we beat them twice...AGAIN
BRING ON REVIS,BRING ON ROTUND REXY....IT'S TIME.....

You keep posting this but what does this mean exactly? We have beaten you 3 times w/ revis does that mean we'll beat you again?
what it means is that, despite revis signing, u guys are far from unbeatable.

and for all those games we have played vs revis, our offense has done pretty well, aside from the 2nd game in 07 and last years 2nd game of the season, but thats because our offense was barely on the field for the 2nd half.

its not like when the jets play miami vs revis we cant move the ball on u guys. and now with the beast in miami beach, its going to be a lot tougher for u guys to contain our offense.

Why give Jet fans/idiots an excuse when we beat them twice...AGAIN
BRING ON REVIS,BRING ON ROTUND REXY....IT'S TIME.....
if we beat them im sure theyll make excuses such as

'' revis was rusty , he missed all of training camp and all 4 preseason games, just give him time''

You guys forget that fart sanchez is only a decoy of the jets offense. Ground and pound is what they really want. And the revis deal made them that much better! But hey like you said we beat them twice last year

You guys clearly have a better read on Henne than I do but from what I've seen I think he's going to be an excellent QB. Anyone lobbying for Pennington to start at this point isn't thinking straight IMO...

Never had any doubt he'd get a new contract. And hey it happened just as training camp ended? Nooooooo way!

To the person that said if LT still was good why would the Chargers let him go, well the Chargers let go a lot of guys that ended up doing good. Some of the names Junior Seau, Drew Brees, Rodney Harrison. LT is out to prove the doubters wrong, hes extremely motivated, more so than hes been in a while.

anyways with Revis. 11.5 mil a year is fair, that is around what I thought he should make. The 16 mil was ridiculous, Al Davis DOES NOT set the market at positions. Revis did get more guaranteed money than Aso though, fair though, he got a 4 year deal while Asomugha had a 3 year deal.

Apparently Revis was out in Florida training with Ty Law during this time. I remember when we signed Ty Law the 2nd time during the week on less days and played the Patriots, he did a good job on Randy Moss when matched up for a guy that came off the street and he was old/washed up. Revis is in prime years.

Notable holdout players that held out from preseason.

John Abraham in 2005 with the Jets, held out in preseason as he was franchised tagged. He got a sack in each of the first 3 games that year, played every game and had a 10 sack season.

Michael Strahan in 2000, had a good season and went to the SB.

Tony Siragusa in 2000, his team won the SB and he did good.

Emmitt Smith in 1993 held out into the season first 2 games. Team went on won the SB and he had a career average that year 5.3 YPC and 1,400 yard season.

^ Plus Favre does it every year these days.

Oh, you thought there wasn't going to be a Favre reference in this thread? You thought wrong!

don't you think that if Lt still was really good the chargers would've let him go? if hes as good as Ur making him out to be still, why didn't the chargers just sign him for 1 more year on the cheap and he could've split carries like hes gonna be doing in NY anyways?

they let him go because he is ****in washed up as anyone. maybe he will get his tds, but it does not take a great rb to run the ball in from the 2 yd line on 3 tries and score.

I dont know man, I think unfortunately LT is a guy you can't ever count out -- i think hes out to prove everyone wrong, and he is going to beast it. unfortunately .

I don't wish bad on anyone, but I just feel a Murphy's Law here. I think he will get hurt with in the first 3 weeks. He has missed some time! Remember you heard it here first!

This has been my mantra since he began the hold out - his body won't be ready (not the sign of a poor loser) we we see it in sports all time - preseason hitting is important to the long term health of the player

Back
Top Bottom