Revis and jets come to terms | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis and jets come to terms

They will have to release half of these players next season.. we are building for the future, they are building for the now - which never works

yep you're right...the jets are going tohave to release half the team next year, lol. do you honestly believe that? and that building fr the future thing is something you say when you dont think your team is ready yet. jets fans have been saying that crap for years.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Yep. Sure proved that the last 2 years with his whopping 3.55 YPC average the last 2 seasons.

guess it's his fault sproles looked like crap last year too.

yep you're right...the jets are going tohave to release half the team next year, lol. do you honestly believe that? and that building fr the future thing is something you say when you dont think your team is ready yet. jets fans have been saying that crap for years.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Actually, every team will be letting go of ALL their players next year... At least as it stands right now they will be.

And Sproles has what to with this conversation again? Nothing? Thought so.

lol first of all LT doesn't look washed up. he may not be 200^ LT but he is an improvement over jones. we didnt have washington last year anyway so thats pretty much a moot point. he got seriously injured and thats that. but jones is not better than tomlinson. greene and tomlinson> jones and greene and you will see that very soon. and this is from watching tomlinson all preseason....the guy looks pretty damn good. cromartie>>>>>>>>sheppard and we have a kid named wilson as our number 3 who's been impressive as well. you're a funny guy. just because you hate the jets, it doesn't make their players suck.

LT looks extremely washed up. Pre season means nothing. If you think pre season means so much, how can you be confident , Sanchez has looked terrible, you cant have it both ways. Your offense has been brutal, so hey that preseason is always accurate ! Jets are in for a long year, and sanchez is a bust.

Of course he does. After all it is preseason. Come back when he looks fast with elusiveness and power in the regular season. Kthx.

if he was doing it against other teams number 2's and 3's i might agree with you. but he was doing it agaisnt the other teams number 1's. now i dont think he can put a team on his back anymore and carry them. too many miles. but he can be a very productive lesser piece of a rb tandem. and he's still a premier receiver out of the backfield. my guess....you guys won't be happy that LT is a jet by mid-point this year.

were not worried about you...we got bigger fish to fry...

I'm sure you do. Enjoy getting embarrassed week 1 by a real team on national television.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

if he was doing it against other teams number 2's and 3's i might agree with you. but he was doing it agaisnt the other teams number 1's. now i dont think he can put a team on his back anymore and carry them. too many miles. but he can be a very productive lesser piece of a rb tandem. and he's still a premier receiver out of the backfield. my guess....you guys won't be happy that LT is a jet by mid-point this year.

I'll be happy that he's a Jet and Jones/Washington aren't. Though I don't expect a big year out of Jones.

What would concern me as a Jet fan about the Revis deal:
- Why didn't they get this done last month? Looks to me like Revis pulled a Farve and didn't want no training camp.
- Revis held the cards. As much as the Jests talked tough their Super Bowl dreams need #24 to have a chance to come true. Sooner or later they were gonna fold.
- I echo the injury comment. Too many times in my life I have seen the big holdout lead to the big injury. I don't wish it on Revis (well, maybe a little bit), but if it happens, not surprised.

Getting rid of Jones and Washington for a washed up LT is not an improvement. Cromartie blows. Has his whole career with the exception of one season, much like Edwards. I'll give you improvement at WR, though that's not going to last long as Edwards and Holmes are as good as gone. And as I stated before, it really doesn't matter because Sanchez is terrible.
Not to mention they don't have Holmes for the first 4 games.

were not worried about you...we got bigger fish to fry...

Not according to your coach. The Dolphins have been on his mind since last year. You as a fan might not think we a re a threat, but as I have stated numorus times. Any team that over looks another team in the NFL deserves to be beaten.

LT looks extremely washed up. Pre season means nothing. If you think pre season means so much, how can you be confident , Sanchez has looked terrible, you cant have it both ways. Your offense has been brutal, so hey that preseason is always accurate ! Jets are in for a long year, and sanchez is a bust.

sanchez has looked inconsistent. at time he's looke dgood and at times he's looked like ****. i am concerned about it actually. all he has to do is be better than he was last year. he doesn't have to put the team on his back and carry them.....which is a good thing because he's nowhere near ready to do that. the jets will rely mostly on their runninggame and defense. sanchez won't throw it too much more than he did last year. at least thats what i believe will happen. hopefully he progresses and by mid-point this year the offense opens it up a bit.

Oh have i missed all the fun...............

WOW....come on dude. I'm all for Jet/Dolphins **** talking and hate but LT looks far from washed up. I agree its only pre season who know how he'll look after Wek 7 or 8 but he does not look washed up. He certainly no longer a feature back but washed up?? You guys cant sit here and say that "even though LT has looked good its only preseason who cares" then at the same time rave about how good Henne has looked.

We got Revis back...Im pumped but as people have stated before the Jets are only to going to go as far as Sanchez takes them...plain and simple. If you look at last year he/our offense probably lost us at least 3 games by themselves. Teams are still going to play us the same. Stack the box and make Sanchez beat them. IMO he has looked like complete dog **** this preseason. I still have zero confidence that he can take us down for a TD in the last minute or so of a game for the win. Our O is going to look alot like last years...run, run, run and let him throw no mor3e than 20 - 25 times a game. But then I worry about keeping Holmes and Edwards happy.

I dont know what board you are on, but not many people are raving about Henne. Alot want Pennington to start. And do you honsetly think your runnung game will be better than last season?

The fact that such a reasonable, non-earth shattering deal was struck kinda frustrates me that they couldn't have gotten this done earlier.

But ultimately a good deal for both sides. Mangold, Brick and Revis signed in one offseason, not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom