Revis and jets come to terms | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis and jets come to terms

As for Revis. Jets gave in, no surprise. They need Revis, and they knew it. Not surprising that it came right before their last episode of Hard Knocks either.

I'm sorry, but there is no way they deliberately pushed back the signing JUST for the TV show. NFL teams except maybe the Raiders just would not do something that stupid.
I never said it was just for the TV show. There's little doubt the show had something to do with the timing though. I never bought the idea that he would sit out the entire season. The situation was completely different than that of his uncle's. Him sitting out benefited nobody. He was going to sign, and it was going to be later in the TC rather than sooner. The fact is, Revis is coming out as one of the major personalities of the NFL, one of those guys that will be a star even after his skills fade.

This week's HK will start with the uncertainty of him signing, despite all the talk about the money they had to set aside for the inevitable signing. They'll make it seem like dire straits, Revis won't be back. What do we do?! Tense theme music. Then...suddenly...a phone call, tension building theme music. Cue Revis walking through the hall towards the lockerroom. It'll be that or everybody practicing, then stopping to comment on Revis showing up (except for Sanchez, who will be making out with the waterboy in the corner). Suddenly an uninspiring practice gets a motivational boost. The hits get harder. Cue hope.

Scene.

Hopefully the commentary on the DVD's will be a drunken, overrated Namath. Not that I'll ever know.

Was bound to happen. Noway he was sitting out any part of the season.

I personally would have loved if he missed the game against us, you take any advantage over the opposition you can get.

you guys who think revis and the jets orchestrated this for hard knocks are being silly. unless revis is allowed to keep all the money he was fined i just don't see how he would do this for a tv show he wasn't even involved in the majority of.

Hell yeah!!! Whats the plan here anyway. Beat teams backups and sneak into the playoffs??? Sounds like the 2009 Jets.

The signing of Revis guarantees they won't be able to resign Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie. So the thought that there WR corp is better than ours is laughable. They still have to pay David Harris, who knows if they can afford it. The Jets are in cap hell, and you want to be a part of that? Wow, what a fan you are.

can you support this with numbers please? because otherwise you are just blowing smoke. you have no idea what the jets cap figures are....tannenbaum, if anything, is a cap management guru. we may not keep both edwards and holmes...but i can say for sure that this year our receiving corps is better than yours. and on defense it's no contest. without revis we were still going to be very good. ad for the guy who said your running game is so much better than ours.....that remains to be seen but greene and tomlinson have been looking very good. i don't get all the fans here who just think you're going to see the dolphins hand the jets ***** to them and that it's basically 2 gimme wins. i'm all for confidence but let's not be foolish. i truly can't wait for the season.

can you support this with numbers please? because otherwise you are just blowing smoke. you have no idea what the jets cap figures are....tannenbaum, if anything, is a cap management guru. we may not keep both edwards and holmes...but i can say for sure that this year our receiving corps is better than yours. and on defense it's no contest. without revis we were still going to be very good. ad for the guy who said your running game is so much better than ours.....that remains to be seen but greene and tomlinson have been looking very good. i don't get all the fans here who just think you're going to see the dolphins hand the jets ***** to them and that it's basically 2 gimme wins. i'm all for confidence but let's not be foolish. i truly can't wait for the season.

Even without Revis you were going to be very good? Jets weren't a very good team last year with Revis. Weren't a good team. Weren't even an average team. Obviously that's not going to change with the overrated offseason you had. Your WR corp is most certainly not better than ours. Brandon Marshall is miles better than Holmes. Bess is equal to Cotchery. Hartline will prove to be better than Edwards in no time, not really a shocker though, Edwards blows, has his whole career with the exception of 1 season. Not that it really matters though, you have Mark Sanchez throwing the ball. I can;t wait for the season either. SOJ of epic proportions while the Patriots and Dolphins cruise ahead of the Jets.

As for the cap figures. Not rocket science. Ferguson, Revis, Mangold, and soon to be Harris. You're about to be ****ed when the cap comes back. Acknowledge it and get over it. Edwards, Holmes, and Cromartie are rentals, nothing more.

as long as sanchez is still there qb, they r no threat to us.

We get the rivalry and all that but whether you think he was slong for the ride or an important piece he was the QB of a team that was pretty dman close to the Super Bowl so it's asinine to say we aren't a threat to you guys w/ Sanchez as our QB. We are a threat to every team w/ him as our QB.

Was anybody really convinced he wasn't going to sign. Wow! Funny stuff.

No but I can't blame any non-Jet fans for being giddy at the thought that Revis would sit out the season. Alot of people on here pretend to be super confident in Marshall against revis but they never wanted Revis to come back to see what would would happen b/c they know how great Revis is.

Revis held out for a 4 year 46 mil deal... 32 guaranteed? What was the point in holding out? IMO he would have got that deal weeks ago if he would've went to camp.

He would have gotten most of that guaranteed money but AFTER this season when the Jets would have guaranteed the final 2 years. he didn't want to play w/o the guaranteed money this year in case he got hurt. i would guess they could have gotten this done months ago but w/ the first game a week away it put pressure on both sides to get this done now.

Yeah. To me that says they thought they were screwed without him. They had better hope he stays healthy.

The Jets can afford it because it is an uncapped year. The Dolphins have a self-imposed cap set, so that is why we, and a good chuck of the league, have not gone on a spending spree. Depending on how big the Revis deal is, it could hurt them down the line if if the NFL and NFLPA come to terms on a new CBA.

As for "those who say the Jets will have nothing left", what are you referring too? The Jets are a threat, plain and simple. If anyone looks this team over they deserve to get beat.

The Jets have went about their business w/ the cap coming back in mind and our team has been extremely cheap this offseason. You guys have spent a heck of alot more than we have. Heck, we just cut Tony Richardson over pennies(in NFL terms).

The signing of Revis guarantees they won't be able to resign Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie. So the thought that there WR corp is better than ours is laughable. They still have to pay David Harris, who knows if they can afford it. The Jets are in cap hell, and you want to be a part of that? Wow, what a fan you are.

It doesn't guarantee anything, we essentially get revis for a 4th year for another $10 mil guaranteed.

We likely won't be able to re-sign all those guys bit that was the plan going in. We get at least one of the WRs long term and we have Kyle Wilson ready to step in once Cromartie leaves. The idea is that all 3 will play great and earn big contracts so we wouldn't be able to afford all 3 whether we signed Revis or not.

Even without Revis you were going to be very good? Jets weren't a very good team last year with Revis. Weren't a good team. Weren't even an average team. Obviously that's not going to change with the overrated offseason you had. Your WR corp is most certainly not better than ours. Brandon Marshall is miles better than Holmes. Bess is equal to Cotchery. Hartline will prove to be better than Edwards in no time, not really a shocker though, Edwards blows, has his whole career with the exception of 1 season. Not that it really matters though, you have Mark Sanchez throwing the ball. I can;t wait for the season either. SOJ of epic proportions while the Patriots and Dolphins cruise ahead of the Jets.

As for the cap figures. Not rocket science. Ferguson, Revis, Mangold, and soon to be Harris. You're about to be ****ed when the cap comes back. Acknowledge it and get over it. Edwards, Holmes, and Cromartie are rentals, nothing more.

You are so delusional. We were less than 30 minutes from the SB, put aside your hatred of us for a minute.

Bess is nowhere bnear as good as Cotch and our WR corps for this year is vatly superior to yours. You have the best but we have #s 2-4 and it could be 5 if you add keller as a receiver.

We have a cap guru running the show. Fortunately and unfortunately when you draft great players you eventuall have to pay them, someday when Long is up for a new deal you'll understand.

Tannenbaum doesn't put us in cap hell the way Parcells did when he left. Tannenbaum got us out of cap hell after BP left. The entire point of not paying revis what he wanted was to protect the cap. Neither Revis, mangold or Ferguson got insane deals. I love the smell of fear.

It doesn't guarantee anything, we essentially get revis for a 4th year for another $10 mil guaranteed.

We likely won't be able to re-sign all those guys bit that was the plan going in. We get at least one of the WRs long term and we have Kyle Wilson ready to step in once Cromartie leaves. The idea is that all 3 will play great and earn big contracts so we wouldn't be able to afford all 3 whether we signed Revis or not.

You are so delusional. We were less than 30 minutes from the SB, put aside your hatred of us for a minute.

Bess is nowhere bnear as good as Cotch and our WR corps for this year is vatly superior to yours. You have the best but we have #s 2-4 and it could be 5 if you add keller as a receiver.

We have a cap guru running the show. Fortunately and unfortunately when you draft great players you eventuall have to pay them, someday when Long is up for a new deal you'll understand.

Tannenbaum doesn't put us in cap hell the way Parcells did when he left. Tannenbaum got us out of cap hell after BP left. The entire point of not paying revis what he wanted was to protect the cap. Neither Revis, mangold or Ferguson got insane deals. I love the smell of fear.

Yes, I'm the delusional one. Spin it anyway you want to, the Jets were an average at best team in the regular season last year. They caught 3 lucky breaks, 2 in the regular season, one in the post season. And this was with Revis. The Jets haven't improved much in the offseason. Certainly not enough to jump from below average, to very good. How about you put your money where your mouth is? A sig bet would be great with me.

LOL u had no chance vs the colts, u got tortured.

this post is laughable. weren't even an average team huh? the jets only boasted the number 1 running game, the number 1 defense and made it to the afc championship game. you're right....that does sound pretty below average to me. your entire post is opinion with not one bit of actual fact to support your claims. or maybe i shoudl just sit back and say...damn this r&r express guy says the jets are ****ed........we have no chance.

Yes, I'm the delusional one. Spin it anyway you want to, the Jets were an average at best team in the regular season last year. They caught 3 lucky breaks, 2 in the regular season, one in the post season. And this was with Revis. The Jets haven't improved much in the offseason. Certainly not enough to jump from below average, to very good. How about you put your money where your mouth is? A sig bet would be great with me.

we haven't improved? lol how do you figure? our secondary is vastly improved. our runningbacks are improved. our receivers are improved. i mean seriously....do you actually believe this garbage you are posting?

Back
Top Bottom