Revis and jets come to terms | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis and jets come to terms

I called it. I said they would sign a contract right before the season started, letting all the drama play out on Hard Knocks so more people would tune in. I don't think that's why Revis did it, but I believe that's why the Jets weren't in any rush. It's not like he desperately needed the preseason, he has talent, he didn't need to play, so the Jets just waited until right before the season.
It's hard not to connect the signing with the show. It's just in time for the final episode.

Either way, **** the jests.

I called it. I said they would sign a contract right before the season started, letting all the drama play out on Hard Knocks so more people would tune in. I don't think that's why Revis did it, but I believe that's why the Jets weren't in any rush. It's not like he desperately needed the preseason, he has talent, he didn't need to play, so the Jets just waited until right before the season.

If you honestly think that Hard Knocks had any implications on the timing of this deal then I feel bad for you.

How about that Revis has a game a week from today?

Revis held out for a 4 year 46 mil deal... 32 guaranteed? What was the point in holding out? IMO he would have got that deal weeks ago if he would've went to camp.

The Jets suck. Why does everyone believe they are so good? Because they say they are. Grow some balls and have an original opinion. They barely made the playoffs last year. Was Revis the best CB in football before sexy Rex blew into town with his overly aggressive defense. Revis is really good don't get me wrong, but he doesn't deserve to be labeled better than Woodson or Nahmdi yet. IMO. Very few players labeled "the best CB in football" have been able to sustain that label for very long.

If you honestly think that Hard Knocks had any implications on the timing of this deal then I feel bad for you.

How about that Revis has a game a week from today?
I feel bad for you. This is a business, and it relies on marketing as much as any. This is a great story for all involved, including Revis. There is no doubt there's a correlation. I don't blame either side, I think it's brilliant.

Still, **** the jests.

Wow people Actually didn't think this was going to happen. To be the best we have to beat good teams revis makes them better. Bring it on!

you guys need to get your heads out of your ***** if you think revis possess a threat. he's not even a complete CB and wont match up against Marshall. i hope you guys know that we have a WAY better running game than the jets. plus on top of that, much better coaching.

Are you retarded? How old are you? Have you ever played football? How long have you been watching football? If you SERIOUSLY think Revis is not a complete corner jesus H you might be the worst homer I've ever come across, EVER! His signing isn't the end, however beating the jets got a little bit more difficult, K Thanks!

I feel bad for you. This is a business, and it relies on marketing as much as any. This is a great story for all involved, including Revis. There is no doubt there's a correlation. I don't blame either side, I think it's brilliant.

Still, **** the jests.

I'm sorry, but there is no way they deliberately pushed back the signing JUST for the TV show. NFL teams except maybe the Raiders just would not do something that stupid.

Wow , looks like the Jets front office gave in. Interesting......
Yeah. To me that says they thought they were screwed without him. They had better hope he stays healthy.

How come the Jets can pay everybody but we can't afford Vincent Jackson? To those who say the Jets will have nothing left... who cares, they've signed most of their good players (minus Harris) and their defense and oline are better than ours. Minus Marshall, their receivers are better than ours.
The Jets can afford it because it is an uncapped year. The Dolphins have a self-imposed cap set, so that is why we, and a good chuck of the league, have not gone on a spending spree. Depending on how big the Revis deal is, it could hurt them down the line if if the NFL and NFLPA come to terms on a new CBA.

As for "those who say the Jets will have nothing left", what are you referring too? The Jets are a threat, plain and simple. If anyone looks this team over they deserve to get beat.

Look we can still beat them with him, its just more difficult. But when posters on this board try to deny this guys talent, or pretend that we're just gonna steamroll them, well its gonna be a dogfight, both games so get ready.

Don't feel bad for me, nothing they do shocks me or anyone. I didn't say it was the sole reason, but yeah I think it was a factor. They like the attention. Rex Ryan loves making headlines. The fact the signing is announced around midnight on Monday, the real start of the first week of the NFL season and with the season finale of Hard Knocks makes you think it was partly a reason. It's not like Revis was going anywhere, and he didn't need to play in the pre-season.

I'm not hating on the Jets liking the media attention, it's not like they are shy about it. If you do a reality show you can't be shy about it. It's just funny that I said like 3 weeks to a month ago that they would probably announce that a deal was made right before the first game and that it would be a focal point of Hard Knocks...and both of those things happened. It seemed kind of predictable.

How come the Jets can pay everybody but we can't afford Vincent Jackson? To those who say the Jets will have nothing left... who cares, they've signed most of their good players (minus Harris) and their defense and oline are better than ours. Minus Marshall, their receivers are better than ours.

The signing of Revis guarantees they won't be able to resign Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie. So the thought that there WR corp is better than ours is laughable. They still have to pay David Harris, who knows if they can afford it. The Jets are in cap hell, and you want to be a part of that? Wow, what a fan you are.

Back
Top Bottom