Rex Ryan believes Jets should be favorites to win it all | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan believes Jets should be favorites to win it all

Who cares. He should think the Jets are going to win it all... I'm sure last year Sparano and the team thought they were going to win it all. There's nothing wrong with showing confidence in your team.
Theres a difference in thinking your team can win it all and your team should be favored to win it all!

I stumbled on a link to the ridiculous thread about how it was actually bad for the Jets to make the playoffs and have been following a couple of threads this week.

The Jets earned a playoff spot that the fins choked away. They were handed nothing.
They were handed a play-off spot, stop it already!

Do you know what backing in to the playoffs even mean? The Jets were 5-1 in their last 6 including 2-0 in the games in which they controlled their own destiny. That is not backing into the playoffs.

If thats the case then you didnt but indy laid down for your sorry azz team and without the indy win you don't control your own fate. :err:

you guys are still whining b/c you couldn't take care of your own business?

You are taking the win against Cincinnati as things to come. If you even think that the Bengals used any important part of their playbook for a meaningless matchup you are dead wrong. The game in the regular season didn't matter and the game in the playoffs does. The Jets will be nowhere near as fortunate this weekend as they were last weekend.

Congrats on the playoff spot, it probably feels nice but you are not going to the superbowl this year. There are far more superior teams in the playoffs. San Diego's offense wouldn't flinch against your defense, nor would New Orlean's, or Philadelphia's. Better luck next year

I think the game against Cinci will be tougher this week for a few reasons.

1) It's in Cinci.
2) Cedric Benson will play.
3) Peko and Geathers will be playing on the d-line.

We were able to dominate time of possession against the Bengals Sunday with our running game being so successful being a huge piece to that puzzle. It will be more difficult to run this week. Likewise, I expect Cinci will be able to run better with Benson in.

The Bengals really have not been impressive the 2nd half of the season. They won 3 of there last 7 games with those 3 wins coming against KC, Detriot and Cleveland.

I think it will be a close game and if Sanchez can limit turnovers we can win again.

I also don't think the Jets are going to the superbowl. If Sanchez can suddenly turn some kind of switch on, maybe, but without a more potent passing attack even the #1 D and #1 rushing attack will have a hard time making it there.

I think the game against Cinci will be tougher this week for a few reasons.

1) It's in Cinci.
2) Cedric Benson will play.
3) Peko and Geathers will be playing on the d-line.

We were able to dominate time of possession against the Bengals Sunday with our running game being so successful being a huge piece to that puzzle. It will be more difficult to run this week. Likewise, I expect Cinci will be able to run better with Benson in.

The Bengals really have not been impressive the 2nd half of the season. They won 3 of there last 7 games with those 3 wins coming against KC, Detriot and Cleveland.

I think it will be a close game and if Sanchez can limit turnovers we can win again.

I also don't think the Jets are going to the superbowl. If Sanchez can suddenly turn some kind of switch on, maybe, but without a more potent passing attack even the #1 D and #1 rushing attack will have a hard time making it there.

I think what gets lost in the #s is that our RBs didn't run the ball very effectively. Jones and Green ran it 40 times for 140 yds(3.5 YPC). We got the big plays in the running game w/ Brad Smith running the option.

I don't expect a SB run either but I don't think iot is on sanchez. If the D plays like a #1 D should play and if we run it like a #1 ground attack we'll have chances to win some games. All we would need is a play or 2 out of Sanchez much like Dilfer '00 BUT this D isn't anywhere near as good as that Raven D so I don't expect that.

If thats the case then you didnt but indy laid down for your sorry azz team and without the indy win you don't control your own fate. :err:
Professional players in all sports are the most competitive people in the world. I don't think teams lay down for other teams. Suggesting a team laid down for another team is suggesting that team wanted to lose. You guys are crazy if you think the Colts wanted to lose their undefeated season. They wanted to win that game and they wanted to get their starters some rest.

Plain and simple the Colts plan backfired, obviously there plan was to get out to a big first half lead and then cruise to a victory with their backups in the second half. That plan was destroyed by the Jets playing them so close with all their starters in the game.

Like I have said many times on here I don't THINK the Jets would have beaten the Colts if Peyton played the whole game but the fact is it was a close game in which anything could happen.

Either way, the Colts screwed themselves as I think they have won their last game for this year and will be bounced in the first round again. Maybe next year they will learn that resting your starters for two weeks and then having a bye is never a good idea, amazing that they haven't already learned that already considering how many times it has happened to them.

I think what gets lost in the #s is that our RBs didn't run the ball very effectively. Jones and Green ran it 40 times for 140 yds(3.5 YPC). We got the big plays in the running game w/ Brad Smith running the option.

I don't expect a SB run either but I don't think iot is on sanchez. If the D plays like a #1 D should play and if we run it like a #1 ground attack we'll have chances to win some games. All we would need is a play or 2 out of Sanchez much like Dilfer '00 BUT this D isn't anywhere near as good as that Raven D so I don't expect that.

It's a passing league. You need at least an average passing attack IMO and we're below average at this point. That is of course, unless you have a historically great defense which I know you agree we do not.

It's a passing league. You need at least an average passing attack IMO and we're below average at this point. That is of course, unless you have a historically great defense which I know you agree we do not.

I don't think we have to have a great passing attack, we just need to make a few plays here and there to keep the dewfenses honest much like the Giants did 2 years ago.

I don't expect a SB run, I expect to beat Cincy and then that's it but if the D plays like a true #1 D and if we run it like we are capable we'll have a shot to win mroe than 1 game.

If the Jets beat the Bengals, who do they play next?
Colts

Can you imagine the colts luck.when they won the SB they faced KC who can run but cannot throw so they stacked the box and forced some back qb to beat them.then they faced another similar team which had no passing offence.Both the qb threw the game and boom they won a SB.

Colts

Can you imagine the colts luck.when they won the SB they faced KC who can run but cannot throw so they stacked the box and forced some back qb to beat them.then they faced another similar team which had no passing offence.Both the qb threw the game and boom they won a SB.

We play the Colts IF NE wins, if Bal wins and we win we go to SD.

Professional players in all sports are the most competitive people in the world. I don't think teams lay down for other teams.

Yeah, you keep believing the Jets won 37-0 and Cincinatti played competitve and tried! ok........LOL

Im sure it will be 37-0 again

Back
Top Bottom