Rex Ryan believes Jets should be favorites to win it all | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan believes Jets should be favorites to win it all

Sorry boys but the Jets might even make it to the conference championship game!

They will beat Cinci again, Cinci isn't playing well and are can't handle the JET's pressure defense. If NE wins which I also doubt they will then NY plays Indy and Indy is going to be in for a surprise when NY runs down their throat. Indy wins 12 games every year and seems to lose in their first game most of the time to boot. They are not built for playoffs and NY is, they will run the ball and can defend Indy better then most. Pressure, pressure, pressure with the secondary to match up with Indy's receivers.

I'm looking at a NY vs SD Championship game with SD squeaking out the win. Even looking at the match up it also looks pretty good for NY, Revis shuts down Jackson, there`s no threat of a run game so their defense will tee it up on Rivers. Gates being the difference and Sanchez being a rookie ends the run.

Lots of Dolphin fans just don`t want to admit it and I understand that but looking at it without the blinders shows you NY maybe the better matchup against these teams.

Do you know what backing in to the playoffs even mean? The Jets were 5-1 in their last 6 including 2-0 in the games in which they controlled their own destiny. That is not backing into the playoffs.
You're right. But Jim Caldwell should be on your christmas card list :lol:

Sorry boys but the Jets might even make it to the conference championship game!

They will beat Cinci again, Cinci isn't playing well and are can't handle the JET's pressure defense. If NE wins which I also doubt they will then NY plays Indy and Indy is going to be in for a surprise when NY runs down their throat. Indy wins 12 games every year and seems to lose in their first game most of the time to boot. They are not built for playoffs and NY is, they will run the ball and can defend Indy better then most. Pressure, pressure, pressure with the secondary to match up with Indy's receivers.

I'm looking at a NY vs SD Championship game with SD squeaking out the win. Even looking at the match up it also looks pretty good for NY, Revis shuts down Jackson, there`s no threat of a run game so their defense will tee it up on Rivers. Gates being the difference and Sanchez being a rookie ends the run.

Lots of Dolphin fans just don`t want to admit it and I understand that but looking at it without the blinders shows you NY maybe the better matchup against these teams.
The Jets have 2 things going against them.

1. History. The Jets are known for choking. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

2. Sanchez. There is no way they can make a run with him as a rookie. He is downright awful as of now. If you put the ball in his hands, he'll lose you games. Jets could've been really good if Sanchez could just manage a game. At times, he has. Other times though, he has blown them.

1. History. The Jets are known for choking. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

2. Sanchez. There is no way they can make a run with him as a rookie. He is downright awful as of now. If you put the ball in his hands, he'll lose you games. Jets could've been really good if Sanchez could just manage a game. At times, he has. Other times though, he has blown them.
The games that fall under Sanchez as being awful has a lot to do with the way Schottenheimer was calling plays. I watched a lot of their games this year and it almost seemed as if Schottenheimer would set him up to fail at times. It seems that since Ryan admitted that he needs to focus a little more on the offense, Schottenheimers play calling has improved.

It really sears my gut to say it but although I don't think they can beat the Colts or Chargers, nothing will surprise me.

The games that fall under Sanchez as being awful has a lot to do with the way Schottenheimer was calling plays. I watched a lot of their games this year and it almost seemed as if Schottenheimer would set him up to fail at times. It seems that since Ryan admitted that he needs to focus a little more on the offense, Schottenheimers play calling has improved.

It really sears my gut to say it but although I don't think they can beat the Colts or Chargers, nothing will surprise me.
Expect the unexpected...

I personally think the Bengals will win this weekend, but that's just me. I've seen too much bad out of the Jets this year to pick them to win a playoff game. That's not homerism either, I've just simply seen too many miscues and mistakes.

Now this I almost completely agree with. I have been reading 3rdandinches posts these last few days and I ahve come to the conclusion that he is trying to jinx us. No real Jets fan will think the Jets are going to the SB until they actually make it.

The only thing I disagree with is Sanchez, he has not been awful this year. He has had three games in which he threw 12 of his 20 INTs and was downright awful in each of those. The other 12 games he has either played good or good enough.

Problem with Sanchez is at some point in the playoffs you are going to need your QB to make a big play in a big spot, no matter how good your D is. At this point in his career there is no way we could have any confidence that he can make that big play.

They have gotten back to the run and limiting Sanchez which is why they started winning again.

For the poster that thinks a rookie QB can`t do it what did Baltimore do last year. The difference is I look at the rest of the AFC teams in the playoffs and I really am not overly impressed. Indy`s defense is as bad as usual, Cinci is average with all these injuries and no passing attack, NE can`t play defense and Welker is their best weapon, SD is the best team out there and they have an average run game and a good not great defense. Baltimore is the other wildcard, the big question with them is can their defense play up to snuff. Baltimore is running the ball as well as anyone and Flacco is solid, they will certainly give NE all they can handle.

They have gotten back to the run and limiting Sanchez which is why they started winning again.

For the poster that thinks a rookie QB can`t do it what did Baltimore do last year. The difference is I look at the rest of the AFC teams in the playoffs and I really am not overly impressed. Indy`s defense is as bad as usual, Cinci is average with all these injuries and no passing attack, NE can`t play defense and Welker is their best weapon, SD is the best team out there and they have an average run game and a good not great defense. Baltimore is the other wildcard, the big question with them is can their defense play up to snuff. Baltimore is running the ball as well as anyone and Flacco is solid, they will certainly give NE all they can handle.
I think that Baltimore defense was better, and I also think that Baltimores OC is much smarter. (Cam Cameron)

Now this I almost completely agree with. I have been reading 3rdandinches posts these last few days and I ahve come to the conclusion that he is trying to jinx us. No real Jets fan will think the Jets are going to the SB until they actually make it.

The only thing I disagree with is Sanchez, he has not been awful this year. He has had three games in which he threw 12 of his 20 INTs and was downright awful in each of those. The other 12 games he has either played good or good enough.

Problem with Sanchez is at some point in the playoffs you are going to need your QB to make a big play in a big spot, no matter how good your D is. At this point in his career there is no way we could have any confidence that he can make that big play.

Where did I say you were going to the Superbowl?

I just believe you guys match up well against most teams in the AFC. You guys could have went far in the playoffs last season if your coaches would have kept running the ball, instead they had a QB with a bum shoulder and kept throwing it.

This coaching staff realized 5 or 6 games ago that Sanchez can`t handle all the pressure he needs the run game and defense while limiting his throws. This is why you guys match up well, if Sanchez throws 25 to 30 times you`ll be out in the first round.

No jinx, just stating the obvious, still hate ya`s but that doesn`t blind the facts for me atleast.

Expect the unexpected...

I personally think the Bengals will win this weekend, but that's just me. I've seen too much bad out of the Jets this year to pick them to win a playoff game. That's not homerism either, I've just simply seen too many miscues and mistakes.
I hope your right but I don't see it. 3rdandinches nailed it with his summation of how the Jets match up well. I wasn't sold on that 15-10 Indly lead in the 3rd quarter before they pulled the starters. I am pretty sure that the Colts would have one becuase I don't see Manning fumbling or throwing the pick 6. Amazing how many Jet fans cried foul when Ginn had 2 returns and was the difference but you don't hear a peep about there special teams TDs. :err:

The way this season has gone the worst has happened to the Dolphins and what would be the worst thing that could happen for Dolphins fans from here on out??:ponder:

I have no problem saying congrats Jets fans, I wish Fins didnt suck balls & could actually hold their own & make it in the playoffs. Goodluck!

Do I want the Jets to win the SB? Hell no. Can it happen? Yes it can. I mean who would of thought the Cardinals would of made it to the SB last year? If any team plays hard and works hard for it, anything can happen.

Do I want the Jets to win the SB? Hell no. Can it happen? Yes it can. I mean who would of thought the Cardinals would of made it to the SB last year? If any team plays hard and works hard for it, anything can happen.

Just get in and anything can happen, sucks not having a game next week!

Back
Top Bottom