Rex Ryan is a man | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan is a man

i never reported you.. as a matter of fact in an act of charity I warned you last time before it happened which I had nothing to do with ......and actually saved your azz.. But I don't have the patience of Job

Im just sayin, at least he can man up and tell everyone that he makes mistakes, that is all. Our FO and Coach never can do that, it's like if they are running something it's perfect and the only reason its not working is due to the players not executing

i never reported you.. as a matter of fact in an act of charity I warned you last time before it happened which I had nothing to do with ......and actually saved your azz.. But I don't have the patience of Job

I'm not a mod and I don't know what was said outside of this thread, but I haven't seen anything here that would deserve a warning. Everyone says crazy things on here and unless it is over the top, no one should take it personal. We are just talking about football here.

You need to relax, this stuff is all fun. You come at me pretty hard so when I come back you should be able to take whatever I throw at you. The facts are you were wrong on the Mason thing, accept it and move on instead of threatening me b/c you have buddies that are mods. If I do something wrong I will apologize and try not to do it again but no one gets attcked more than I do and it's solely b/c I am a Jet fan, I can deal w/ 70% of the board coming after me and you can deal w/ 1 person coming after you.

You are so far out of your league it's comical. The nonsense you latch onto is beyond amazing. Don't ignore that you said I called Mason "one of the best" then you posts a link where I said he's still effective.

You may want to add your own picture into that signature image.

To be fair, referring to Mason as 'still effective' is pretty outrageous in its own right.

You need to relax, this stuff is all fun. You come at me pretty hard so when I come back you should be able to take whatever I throw at you. The facts are you were wrong on the Mason thing, accept it and move on instead of threatening me b/c you have buddies that are mods. If I do something wrong I will apologize and try not to do it again but no one gets attcked more than I do and it's solely b/c I am a Jet fan, I can deal w/ 70% of the board coming after me and you can deal w/ 1 person coming after you.

Vark may have misquoted you, but you were also wrong in your assessment of Mason. Since he is no longer on the team, that signing was a failure and he will not be effective for the Jets. I was wrong about him too. I thought he was the better signing over Plaxico. I don't think Plaxico was a great sign, but at least he is still on the team. :)

Vark may have misquoted you, but you were also wrong in your assessment of Mason. Since he is no longer on the team, that signing was a failure and he will not be effective for the Jets. I was wrong about him too. I thought he was the better signing over Plaxico. I don't think Plaxico was a great sign, but at least he is still on the team. :)

Mason is absolutely terrible and has been done for a while now. I still have no idea what the Jets were thinking with that signing.

I can see things objectively, I see our flaws but I also know the talent and coaching we have. I said it weeks ago that our O would get much better as the Ol got healthy and that is exactly what is happening.

Do I expect a SB? No, I don't look that far ahead but I expect we'll be in the hunt as we were the last 2 years.

If you shut down the rushing attack for any team it hurts the QB, the run game was shut down in the title game last year and sanchez nearly led us all the way back when Pitt knew we had to throw AND our D was awful that game yet Sanchez had us right there at the end.

It's hard for opposing fans b/c they focus on fantasy #s.

It took Peyton 6 seasons before he won a playoff game and he still chokes in January
It took Rodgers until his 3rd yeara s a starter(6th in the league)
It took Brees until his 6th year to win a playoff game

Sanchez has the most playoff road wins in HISTORY.

There never really was a Sanchez-Henne debate except from some dolphin homers.

My team has been on the doorstep of the SB the last 2 years w/ Mark, yours hasn't even been a playoff contender. Our teams have been nothig alike.

Sanchez gets crushed by everyone in the media except for Phil Simms and Trent Dilfer.

He is not a great QB, or even a good one.....right now. He's perfectly average, and that's fine. How can it be fine? Because he's 24 years old (going on 25) and he continues to get better. Make a list of your top 10 QBs in the NFL right now. Now go look up their ages. Unless you have Stafford or Ryan on the list (I have Stafford, but not Ryan), Aaron Rodgers is the only one that isn't 30 years old.

Now look at all of the QB that are age 26 or younger (so that Ryan and Flacco can still be included). The only guys with higher QB ratings are Stafford, Dalton, and Painter. The Jets are currently 6th in the league in red zone scoring, behind the Bills, Giants, Titans, Falcons, and Patriots (this was an area where he needed to show improvement, and has; we were 28th last year). Sanchez has accounted for 14 of our 16 offensive TDs. Even after our breakout rushing performance on Sunday, we're averaging 3.7 yards per carry for the season, 29th in the league, the running game had been a severe hindrance to the team through the first 6 games.

Rodgers, Brady, Manning. That is the elite tier, Sanchez is not going to get here. I'm fine with that, I never expected him to. I never expect anyone to reach this level.

Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli Manning. That's the next tier. Do I think that Sanchez can get here? Eventually, yes. Brees was 29, Rivers was 27, Eli was 28, Roethlisberger was 27.

Matt Ryan had that great rookie season and everyone forgot how to evaluate young quarterbacks. It takes time. When Brees was 24, he was getting benched with an 11:15 TD:INT ratio. Eli Manning was playing like hot garbage and most of this city was already trying to stick the "bust" label on him. If you comb through the history books, you'll see that almost without fail, age is the biggest indicator of when a QB will reach his potential. Until a QB gets into the 27-29 window, you should be looking for progress ahead of anything else (that progress is not a given). The ones that don't improve are the ones you cut loose. With everyone else you stick it out. Ryan, Flacco, and Freeman are having bad years. Progression is not always linear, so the drop in production is nothing to be concerned about unless it carries over into next year, given their past performances. Sanchez is having another season that moderately improves on the one that came before.

To declare him an average QB for life at this stage is silly. This is his first year playing without the crutch of a great running game (he doesn't even have an average one), and his offensive line is no longer one of the best in football. But he's still improving. That would seem to be a very positive sign to me. He was terrible in the Baltimore game, but that's 1 game out of 7. He's been no worse than above-average in any of the others.

And as badly as you may want to, you can't discount his 94.3 playoff QB rating. If nothing else, it shows that he's not adversely affected by high pressure situations. Ryan doesn't have a very large sample size in the playoffs, so you can't draw conclusions there. Flacco, on the other hand, has been consistently terrible, save for one good game against the Chiefs last year.

You guys actually do believe this **** don't you? I was there once too, back in 2008. The only thing the Jets are nothing alike is New England, Pitt, Green Bay, Indy, the Saints. Shovel it anyway you would like, I won't eat it until the Jets prove otherwise.

Right now I have enough to swallow with with a horrible Miami team to worry about an overrated Jets team that has proven nothing but what the Eagles have the last 7+ years.

If you guys want to have at it no holds bared, by all mean ask and I will move this mofo right to the depths for you all to continue the debate. I am probably the most lenient mod on the board and I see nothing so far that warrants that but hey if ya want to have at it, I'm an enabler.

Mason is absolutely terrible and has been done for a while now. I still have no idea what the Jets were thinking with that signing.

He had over 800 yards and 7tds with Bal last year. That was about as good as anything the Jets had last year. He is old, but I thought he was better than Plax.

Ignore is bliss my friend. I put a certain ignoramous on Ignore, and the color of pee-green soup has been lifted from my monitor. It is indeed bliss!!!

JetsJets? :lol: The ignore feature is certainly an option, but I think you miss out on some pretty entertaining stuff. Some of the things the Jets fans say make my day.

Ignore is bliss my friend. I put a certain ignoramous on Ignore, and the color of pee-green soup has been lifted from my monitor. It is indeed bliss!!!

It cracks me up when people are so afraid to debate they put me on ignore.

Interesting how you did this right after I asked you to reveal your old username and why you left the board.

You guys actually do believe this **** don't you? I was there once too, back in 2008. The only thing the Jets are nothing alike is New England, Pitt, Green Bay, Indy, the Saints. Shovel it anyway you would like, I won't eat it until the Jets prove otherwise.

Right now I have enough to swallow with with a horrible Miami team to worry about an overrated Jets team that has proven nothing but what the Eagles have the last 7+ years.

If you guys want to have at it no holds bared, by all mean ask and I will move this mofo right to the depths for you all to continue the debate. I am probably the most lenient mod on the board and I see nothing so far that warrants that but hey if ya want to have at it, I'm an enabler.

I have seen it for 2+ years, I have full confidence in him. Will he have bad stretches? yep, but he gets over those pretty quickly and is not afrid of the bog spot.

One thing I do know is we have been better than NE the last 2 years and Sanchez badly outplayed Tom Brady at NE in the div rd.

No need to move, he's getting upset when he shouldmn't be b/c I called him out on making up a quote.

I don't think he's better than Plexiglass at this point, but neither is worth very much

Maybe not at this point, but before the season started, I thought he was the better sign. I was comparing a 34 year old guy who had not played in almost 3 years compared to another old guy who had put up solid #'s the year before. I thought Mason was the better bet to produce some #'s, but I was wrong.

The Jets definitely downgraded at the receiver position.

Maybe not at this point, but before the season started, I thought he was the better sign. I was comparing a 34 year old guy who had not played in almost 3 years compared to another old guy who had put up solid #'s the year before. The Jets definitely downgraded at the receiver position.

Interesting #s from this season:

Braylon, Cotch, Smith 2011 rec #s: 6 recs, 73 yds, 0 TDs

Kerley: 9 recs, 82 yds, 1 TD

I'm not even bringing Plax into it. Our WR corps is fine and it will get better as Plax gets comfortable playing again.

Back
Top Bottom