Rey Mauluga | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rey Mauluga

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Rey Maualuga and think he would fit nicely here. Crowder's contract expires at the end of this season, so if Crowder doesn't play well, we could definitley go after Rey and would upgrade with Rey. The only other player that i would maybe want over Rey would have to be Mr. George Selvie from South Florida. But Rey has potential and definitley fills an area of need for us.

i would much rater us get a Corner with our #1 pick if we have the chance to get Malcolm Jenkins

i would much rater us get a Corner with our #1 pick if we have the chance to get Malcolm Jenkins

The front 7 is so much more important than the secondary. Unless it's Ed Reed or Champ Bailey, you don't pass up guys like Selvie or Maualuga for guys like Jenkins.

How many of you would like to see us get him in next years draft if he falls into our laps? i ask because what i know of him,he just seems like and has a feel to him that he's the kind of LB we can build our defense around.

He is the first guy I would be looking at for the 2009 draft....I think we can rebuild the LB corps and Rey Rey is the most dominant LB I have seen in a while. I got to see a lot of Pac-10 games and he always has killed my ASU Sun Devils. He is like a super-sized Troy Palamalu. :lol:

the guys a stud!!! definitely my top choice for our #1 pick next year. rey rey all day long. i like the previous posters super sized troy palamalu comparison. rey rey hits like a truck and can run for his size.

there are rumors that malcolm jenkins who i also really like may not run a 40 in the sub to low 4.4 range which i think to be considered as a top 5 pick he must do.

Out here on the WC I watch alot of, if not all of the SC games. The guy is a beast like many of you have said. The one drawback is he is prone to over running things or getting out of position due to how aggressive he is. That can easily be fixed through coaching I would think. Im dying for the Phins to get some intimidators on this defense, preferably at LB and safety. I wouldnt think twice if he was available when we pick.

The front 7 is so much more important than the secondary. Unless it's Ed Reed or Champ Bailey, you don't pass up guys like Selvie or Maualuga for guys like Jenkins.

Don't forget about James "Little Animal" Laurinatis. As much as i would love to get Jenkins next year, if we have a chance to draft one of these three LB's it will be hard to pass up. All three will be stars in the NFL, the LB position is going to be very strong at the top of next year's draft board.

what bothers me with laurinitis is when i watch him he seems to make too many plays beyond the line of scrimmage. for as dominant a d as ohio st had last year except in the lsu game and as highly rated a player he is i would think he should be making more plays in the backfield.

i'm gonna watch him real closely this year.

the other thing is lars doesn't hit like rey rey. rey rey blows you up.

I like Maualaga as a 1st round pick. He's about as tough as the come and with the trend of somoan guys that come from USC(i.e. Troy Polamalu, Lofa Tatupu, Junior Seau) i think he's the next great stud player to come down that line. As someone stated that he's a bigger version of Polamalu that would probably be what the doctor ordered for our defense.

He is an absolute BEAST! I am talking, he will be the next Ray Lewis for sure. Definitely take him if he is avaible.

I am an Illini fan and witnessed first hand his dominance when Illinois faced USC in last years' Rose Bowl. He was all over the place it was scary.

He is waaaay superior to OSU's linebacker. Without question.

IMHO... Rey Rey>Malcom Jenkins>Selvie

If we get any of those 3 Ill be happy next year. All 3 will fill needs. Selvie is an interesting one for me. Undersized rush end in College that will convert to 3-4 olb. If he can come anywhere close to being as good as Demarcus Ware, Id be tempted to go in his direction as much as I love Mauleuga. Can someone look his name up, since myself included, have seen it typed at least 6 different ways lol.

Back
Top Bottom