Rey Mauluga | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rey Mauluga

I love Rey M., but I think a lot of people are overlooking a LB on USC who could be just as good and have muh more upside:

Brian Cushing, Sr. USC
From the strongside, Cushing is one of those freakish athletes with outstanding upper body strength and the 4.5 speed to make plays all over the field. A natural pass rusher at 6-4 and 240 pounds, he’s as scary on the blitz as he is defending the run. He had nagging injuries throughout 2007, so don’t put mch stock in his modest numbers...25 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, and a sack.

I watch a lot of PAC-10 games as I am an ASU alum, and I think Cushing will have a great NFL career.

You guys see Rey run that INT back for a TD just now? We need a guy like this on the Phins. :)

hes a beats dude. id love to see him play in miami wont happen tho.

I love both Mauluga and Cushing. If we pick in the top 10, I WANT REY REY. No questions. If he's gonna be picked before us, I want us to trade up to get him (I'll get over it if he is drafted before we draft, but if we pass on him, I will cry and then have a profanity filled vent session on the forums unless it is for Vontae Davis). If we pick in the middle of the round, I want Cushing.

we gotta go LB or CB in round one and WR round 2.

although i would rather get asomugha in FA since we have the money and use our 2nd 2nd or a 3rd on a CB instead. so we can go MLB and OLB and WR in round 1 2 and 2nd 2.

well. i saw the osu game. cushing looked great as did rey. but i gotta stick with maualuga. somebody said ilb isnt a playmaking position. says who!!!!!! i think rey is a great start on the D. but dont forget. because of absolute neglect in the talent aquisition department, we still need trench work. so dont be surprised if we go for a nose tackle maybe in the 2nd or a guard in the 3rd.

although i would rather get asomugha in FA since we have the money and use our 2nd 2nd or a 3rd on a CB instead. so we can go MLB and OLB and WR in round 1 2 and 2nd 2.

Agreed. If I was Parcells, I would sign Asomugha, then go and draft Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st as well. Then keep Will Allen and Lehan and cut the rest of the CB's. That way we have Asomugha and Allen starting and Davis or Jenkins playing nickel until they are ready to unseat Allen as the starter. While Lehan provides good depth and veteran presence.

That would solve our CB problem for sure. Then we can look to add a WR, NT, S, and OLB in the following rounds.

Agreed. If I was Parcells, I would sign Asomugha, then go and draft Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st as well. Then keep Will Allen and Lehan and cut the rest of the CB's. That way we have Asomugha and Allen starting and Davis or Jenkins playing nickel until they are ready to unseat Allen as the starter. While Lehan provides good depth and veteran presence.

That would solve our CB problem for sure. Then we can look to add a WR, NT, S, and OLB in the following rounds.

exactly. or we can go REY REY round one and a CB round 2. cuz REY is going to be a beast or Selvie.

exactly. or we can go REY REY round one and a CB round 2. cuz REY is going to be a beast or Selvie.

I would be happy with that. I wish we would just re-sign Crowder so we can go another direction because we have so many needs that Maualuga does not cover for us.He is a great player though and would be a welcomed addition in Miami for sure!

I would be happy with that. I wish we would just re-sign Crowder so we can go another direction because we have so many needs that Maualuga does not cover for us.He is a great player though and would be a welcomed addition in Miami for sure!

i dont think crowder is good enough to build around. he disapears and never stands out during a game. Rey on the other hand is everywhere, literally even after he falls hes there to make a group tackle. its crazy stuff i tell ya'.

I wouldnt mind crowder as the 2nd MLBbut hes goin to ask for good money and we sure as hell better not give it. maybe 4 yrs for 12 or something ntn more hten 3 mill a year and he wants more im sure so let him walk.

Back
Top Bottom