Rey Mauluga | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rey Mauluga

How many of you would like to see us get him in next years draft if he falls into our laps? i ask because what i know of him,he just seems like and has a feel to him that he's the kind of LB we can build our defense around.

I will admitt...our linebacking core is weak,but not as weak as our CB spot...If Crowder doesnt do well this year than I can see Sparano taking RM,but our secondary is the weakest spot on our whole roster....we need to address it,especially if we can rush the QB this year,all we need is a play-making Corner to seal the deal,and Will Allen just doesnt have the hands for it....

If we get any of those 3 Ill be happy next year. All 3 will fill needs. Selvie is an interesting one for me. Undersized rush end in College that will convert to 3-4 olb. If he can come anywhere close to being as good as Demarcus Ware, Id be tempted to go in his direction as much as I love Mauleuga. Can someone look his name up, since myself included, have seen it typed at least 6 different ways lol.

Totally agree with you. I would love to see any of those 3 in a fins jersey.

i'll be at the usc game tomorrow and i'll have a birds eye view of mauluga. can't wait...although the impending home *** whoopin for my cavaliers sux.

our tailgate is open for business by 8am. good times

he has my vote......IF we are going defense.

our wr corp is POOP, so if michael crabtree is there
for us, that could be a dilema.

DB'S will be a consideration also.

MP08!!

he has my vote......IF we are going defense.

our wr corp is POOP, so if michael crabtree is there
for us, that could be a dilema.

DB'S will be a consideration also.

MP08!!
If the two are available, I wouldn't place any of your bets on Crabtree.

Potential star LB > potential star WR, and it looks like Parcells agrees given his draft history.

When they say scary i know what they mean, this man is about 260 lbs that can run a 4.5, hes like a missle out there, he detroys people and iam tellin yall somethin...hes gonna hurt people literally, on the football field....SERIOUS serious aggression....

He will be the number pick imo, blows James lauranitis away

I wouldn't mind taking a WR, LB, or CB at whatever spot we're at, in no particular order.

Maualuga would be the centerpiece of our D for years to come. He's an absolute monster.

well, i would agree that parcells on MOST occasions would pick the lb, but....

what if our defense at years end is in the top 8 and top 5 against the run
and our offense is 26th in the leauge and 30th passing?

i think a 6'4, 217 lb wr might make the exception!

one thing bill didnt like about glenn is that he was a smurf and that didnt
excite him in that draft. bill DOES LIKE big, fast, physical recievers!

MP08!!

I'd easily take Rey Maualuga at linebacker.

If he declares, Vontae Davis could be a GREAT cornerback, depending on where we will pick

Unless you think Rey Maualuga can play OLB, you do not draft him in the first round in a 3-4 defense. ILB in a 3-4 is not the playmaker. They just need to be solid. You can find 3-4 ILB in the later rounds or in FA.

Being realistic, the Fins will draft in the top half of the first round. Give me an OLB like Ware, Merriman, etc. that can sack the QB.

At 6-2 and no real experience rushing the passer from the OLB or DE spot, probably not a wise pick to try and move Rey Rey to OLB.

I'd go with a shut down corner and draft a tweener as an OLB. Hopefully, we can get a WR in FA. WR usually take a while to develop and I'm tired of losing!

Rey has been very good at rushing the passer from the inside linebacker spot. He's very instinctive and if you've watched him play, he makes plays all over.

Rey has been very good at rushing the passer from the inside linebacker spot. He's very instinctive and if you've watched him play, he makes plays all over.

I cannot hink of any 3-4 ILB with double digit sacks. High draft picks and big contracts usually are not associated with an ILB.

I'll stand by my original post unless you think Rey can switch to OLB. Sacks, forced fumbles, quarterback hurries, holding calls on an OT are all game changing plays or drive killing plays.

I'll take Akin and Torbor in FA for no draft picks to play ILB in my 3-4.

I'm just saying he has made game changing plays throughout his time at USC. Of course it's still early and would depend on our current players and future free agents, but Maualuga is a player you can take a chance on and he'll make things happen.

Back
Top Bottom