RG3 Comment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RG3 Comment

Let me get this straight.

We are bashing some kid for realizing there is more to life than football? Geee....let me not draft him.

Rather have some kid that will play football because it is what he WANTS to do, not because it's his only method of survival like most other football players who leave early with no college degree.

And for those saying if he struggles he will just give up and call it quits. I highly doubt he will just give up, kid has too much heart, and even if he calls it quits, would you rather have a man recognize that the NFL life is not what he wants, or get some struggling QB day in and out hang around because NFL is all he has.

It seems that most football fans hate players who haev other things going for them or are just good people. RGIII is a CLASS act, super intelligent, hard working, freakishly athletic, and an all around team player. Just because he has other options doesn't mean that if he chooses the NFL he won't give it 100%. IMO it means he complete opposite. (See my above posts)

Just like Tebow is hard working, team player, athletic, etc etc...but because he believes in God he's disliked. I just don't get it.

The same is true of any top prospect. Not necessarily in these terms but medically or inability to transition. Like any selection it's a risk but if he commits and he's your man, you take that chance.

I disagree. Other prospects don't make it quite so clear that the NFL is just a sideshow for them, just a "Plan B".

And he has medical risk ON TOP OF this kind of risk.

RGIII is starting to sound like Myron Rolle; meaning he wants more out of life then just football.

Good luck to them both.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And what happened to Myron? Drafted in the 7th round, already out of the league and pursuing all those things other than football.

You're missing the trees for the forest. IF he chooses football he will do so because he wants to do so and if this kid is the person everyone thinks he is, he'll give 100%. The same as if he chooses Law School etc.

I disagree. If he chooses the NFL it's because of money, and once he gets enough of it to do the things that he wants to do aside from the NFL, he could easily quit. He said it himself, the NFL is just something that you "can't say no to" if it's offered. It's not important to him. It's not meaningful.

It seems that most football fans hate players who haev other things going for them or are just good people. RGIII is a CLASS act, super intelligent, hard working, freakishly athletic, and an all around team player. Just because he has other options doesn't mean that if he chooses the NFL he won't give it 100%. IMO it means he complete opposite. (See my above posts)

Just like Tebow is hard working, team player, athletic, etc etc...but because he believes in God he's disliked. I just don't get it.

LMFAO. Right. Yeah. That's definitely MY motivation, I don't know about anyone else...

Forgive me while I roll my eyes so hard they explode.

Didn't Andrew Luck go back to school to get his architectural degree from Stanford this year? I'm not sure how I feel about RG3 as an NFL QB but I don't think I would question the guys dedication because he sees life outside of football where the average length of a career of a QB is is 4.4 years.

myron rolle wasn't very talented to begin with...but i see the thought process similarities

i don't care what anyone says...talkin like that is a red flag...

Didn't Andrew Luck go back to school to get his architectural degree from Stanford this year? I'm not sure how I feel about RG3 as an NFL QB but I don't think I would question the guys dedication because he sees life outside of football where the average length of a career of a QB is is 4.4 years.

Going back to school an extra year to get your degree and talking about how there will be life AFTER football...is different from calling it your "Plan B" and calling it the "last door"...something you only do because of this sense that if it's offered you "can't say no".

Going back to school an extra year to get your degree and talking about how there will be life AFTER football...is different from calling it your "Plan B" and calling it the "last door"...something you only do because of this sense that if it's offered you "can't say no".

Gotta disagree, Luck would have been the first pick, so seems like going back for that degree was plan A and going to the NFL was plan B. I'm not questioning Luck's dedication, just as I am not questioning RG3's dedication. They are both smart kids/men and understand there is more than football and there are no guarantees in what the game and life in general brings. Who knows how it's going to play out, but I don't see it as a red flag.

what luck did and what rg3 is sayin are no where near the same thing...

He's disliked because he can't shut his damn mouth about his faith. No one gives a sh*t that he's a Christian. It's the largest religion in the U.S., half of all NFL players are probably also Christian. If he stopped mentioning it every single time he has a microphone anywhere near his head, more people would be on board with his unique way of winning. Nothing polarizes people more than politics and religion. I seriously can't believe people don't understand that.

I've never been a fan of RG3 at the NFL level, but when you add this to it, he'd be off of my Big Board completely if I were GM...

This is a disaster for the Dolphins if he doesn't come out. There are several QBs that I want ahead of him but what hurts the Dolphins is RG3 could go to a team that needs a QB in front of them and leave maybe Barkley or Weeden on the board and they won't be able to bluff anybody that would accept another QB . People are eating this stuff up of how atheltic and smart this good kid is.

It's like hey Rick (Speilman he's still in MN right?) I'd love to trade up to grab Barkley but RG3 is pretty good too and if we stay here I think we can get him and improve our O Line, TE whatever with those picks you want, how about picks blah blah blah instead.

Without RG3 Rick, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't bend us over and take God knows how many picks to trade up.

I think some people here are being far too casual in dismissing these quotes as OBVIOUS red flags.

He already suffered a concussion against Texas Tech. What if he suffers a serious concussion in the NFL? If he's got $20 million in the bank from his rookie contract, and his ultimate goal is Law School, not the NFL, and he suffers a concussion or two...he's bolting. I've seen the point raised many times, most recently by Cris Collinsworth, guys that suggest that as a result of their playing days and the concussions, having their "bell rung", etc...they can't think as well, their memory recall isn't the same.

The statements coming out of him are very Ricky Williams-like, very Robert Smith-like. Robert Smith quit football at Ohio State and then quit the NFL at 28 years old. Ricky Williams quit the NFL in his prime. I've heard it suggested, I have to try and confirm this, but I've now heard that Robert Griffin had to be convinced by his Baylor coaches to even play this year instead of going to Law School.

When you mix unusually introspective with having goals that you consider a lot more important than the NFL...you have a recipe for an NFL disaster.

Football is a business. The draft is about acquiring the most valuable football asset possible. It's not "hating" on a guy to acknowledge that he might not love or want football enough to be a valuable, dependable football asset. It's quite understandable on a human level. But Mother Theresa throws like a girl, and Albert Einstein can't beat a cover two with a pass rush in his face. We're not drafting remarkable people, we're drafting remarkable football assets.

Back
Top Bottom