RG3 Comment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RG3 Comment

I disagree. If he chooses the NFL it's because of money, and once he gets enough of it to do the things that he wants to do aside from the NFL, he could easily quit. He said it himself, the NFL is just something that you "can't say no to" if it's offered. It's not important to him. It's not meaningful.

Who are you, Miss Cleo? How can you presume to know his reasons for going to the NFL? haha

If he later decides that the NFL is what he wants he'll go. If it's Law School, he'll go. Just because he realizes that the NFL is a GAME doesn't mean he won't give 100% to the game.

Bottom line, the kid is smart, talented, driven, a model citizen and a team player. If he declares for the draft and falls to us I'll be extremely happy.

If we are talking about commitment level than we better red flag Weeden in that he elected to play baseball before football. Evidently, football was his fallback option. Baseball must have been his true love.

Just another red flag for Weeden.

The interviews will tell about RGIII's commitment level. I am taken aback a bit, but that is why we have the process for.

He's disliked because he can't shut his damn mouth about his faith. No one gives a sh*t that he's a Christian. It's the largest religion in the U.S., half of all NFL players are probably also Christian. If he stopped mentioning it every single time he has a microphone anywhere near his head, more people would be on board with his unique way of winning. Nothing polarizes people more than politics and religion. I seriously can't believe people don't understand that.

I've never been a fan of RG3 at the NFL level, but when you add this to it, he'd be off of my Big Board completely if I were GM...

I love how angry some people get about religion. :lol:

I've rarely heard Tebow talk ABOUT his religious beliefs when he wasn't asked about them first. Have you heard him trying to convert anyone? Has he tried to convert you? I've heard him proclaim his love for God, so what?

If it makes you so angry turn the volume down. :D

If we are talking about commitment level than we better red flag Weeden in that he elected to play baseball before football. Evidently, football was his fallback option. Baseball must have been his true love.

"Ruh Roh Raggy!"

Perhaps it raises a red flag on how much wear there is on his shoulder, but it doesn't raise a flag for me on his commitment. He's not choosing between football and baseball right this moment. He's been there - done that with baseball, there is only football left for him. That's his only choice other than not playing football at all after this season. And so far I haven't heard any comments like RG3's from him, so I dont' have any commitment flags at this point from him.

I don't know if Weeden banged your wife, ran over your dog, stole your bud light, or whatever, but your disdain for the guy is bordering on creepy. It's like you're saying stuff simply to disagree with others, not even necessarily because you believe it. I'm not taking sides either. I just read this forum for the varying takes on these prospects from knowledgeable posters. I couldn't care less who or what the source of that information is. Objectively speaking, you're making a fool or yourself by posting junk like this...

I don't know if Weeden banged your wife, ran over your dog, stole your bud light, or whatever, but your disdain for the guy is bordering on creepy. It's like you're saying stuff simply to disagree with others, not even necessarily because you believe it. I'm not taking sides either. I just read this forum for the varying takes on these prospects from knowledgeable posters. I couldn't care less who or what the source of that information is. Objectively speaking, you're making a fool or yourself by posting junk like this...

That's your opinion.

I happen to agree with HaydenFox.

I love how angry some people get about religion. :lol:

I've rarely heard Tebow talk ABOUT his religious beliefs when he wasn't asked about them first. Have you heard him trying to convert anyone? Has he tried to convert you? I've heard him proclaim his love for God, so what?

If it makes you so angry turn the volume down. :D

I'm not going to get into it. People like you refuse to understand the reasoning behind people being annoyed. You prefer to play the persecuted victim card when it has absolutely nothing to do with it. That's the last I'll say on the topic. This thread isn't about Tebow...

Perhaps it raises a red flag on how much wear there is on his shoulder, but it doesn't raise a flag for me on his commitment. He's not choosing between football and baseball right this moment. He's been there - done that with baseball, there is only football left for him. That's his only choice other than not playing football at all after this season. And so far I haven't heard any comments like RG3's from him, so I dont' have any commitment flags at this point from him.

I agree with you here. There's a difference between playing another sport first and coming out and pretty much saying playing in the NFL is nice but not what you picture yourself doing. Obviously that's paraphrased, but it seems to be pretty much what he said. If I am investing my future in a QB, I want that guy to live and breathe football. This guy is going to be the face of the franchise, will directly effect the success level of your team, which has a direct impact on public perception and revenue. Pretty much, this is the most important decision a franchise can make. I'm not going to choose the guy who doesn't really want to be here but is trying it because it's a nice opportunity...

Not really. Baseball was indeed his first love and first choice, but anyone that has followed him, talked to him or had a lot of exposure to him knows that more than anything, he's a sports nut. Sports are his life. And right now, football is his ONLY professional option as a sport. I would agree with you if baseball were still an option. But it's not. Baseball is not taking him back. He couldn't go back even if he wanted to. He'll play football until that option is no longer feasible, and then like Dan Marino, he'll take up golf and perhaps broadcasting. But he's not good enough at golf to be a pro or to have it be a threat to his football career.

Let me put it this way. Let's say Robert Griffin tries to go to law school instead of the NFL, and he busts out of it, or is disbarred for some reason. He tries to make a comeback to the NFL at 28 years old. Too old to be playing around with the idea of competing in the Olympics, and banned from practicing law for life.

At that point, I'm not questioning Griffin's commitment to the NFL anymore. This would be his last shot, the only thing he's got, and he's got to make it work.

That's the situation Brandon Weeden is in, and it's therefore really a humongous stretch to claim he's got some commitment red flags. Unfortunately, Robert Griffin is in a different situation. He's still young, all of the options are still laid before him, he's really not exhausted ANY of his options yet...and so he could still realistically make a choice that whichever team drafts him isn't happy with.

I'm not going to get into it. People like you refuse to understand the reasoning behind people being annoyed. You prefer to play the persecuted victim card when it has absolutely nothing to do with it. That's the last I'll say on the topic. This thread isn't about Tebow...

And people like you refuse to believe that a person should be allowed to say "I love Jesus Christ" and not be hated for it. People like you would rather get angry and whine than just turn the volume down. People like you enjoy getting annoyed when other people don't fall in lock-step ( :chuckle: ) with their (non) beliefs.

Grow up and realize that WORDS... in particular NICE words...harm no one. ;)

And people like you refuse to believe that a person should be allowed to say "I love Jesus Christ" and not be hated for it. People like you would rather get angry and whine than just turn the volume down. People like you enjoy getting annoyed when other people don't fall in lock-step ( :chuckle: ) with their (non) beliefs.

Grow up and realize that WORDS... in particular NICE words...harm no one. ;)

I just dislike Tebow because "Tebow-Time" should be "Broncos-Time". A majority of those wins came because the defense kept the team in it and gave Tebow the shot to be average enough to get Matt Prater within his 51-59 yard field goal ranges.

Alright guys I think Locke said it best, this isn't a Tebow thread.

Although it's interesting that Griffin himself commented on it in the article. He said:

And then, in discussing the spectacle, he brought up Tim Tebow. Griffin said he'll argue with his friends about anything other than politics or religion, but when I told him you couldn't separate Tebow and his faith at this point, he nodded, mentioned the "Tebowing thing," said he was rooting for Tebow, and then told me about a disagreement he had with his mom. He told her there were different kinds of Christians, and she said no, and Griffin told me she's the type of person who will say, "Have a blessed day," and he's the type who might not invite you to church but will bring you with him if you ask.

"I don't have to constantly throw it in their face," he says. "I'm a believer."

I disagree. Other prospects don't make it quite so clear that the NFL is just a sideshow for them, just a "Plan B".

And he has medical risk ON TOP OF this kind of risk.
I should have clarified a little better. Any prospect is a risk whether it's a severe injury, inability to perform at the NFL level, mental instability, criminal behavior, etc. This is an unusual situation but I think if he commits, he'll stick with it unless he falls into one of the categories I listed. I think he is a tremendous talent that if he opts for the draft, hopefully isvon the Dolphins draft board. This would be the splash Ross is looking to make as well.

SIDE NOTE: That was a nice call on Yates going back 18 months or so. You convinced me that the Fins should have took a shot at him. Granted its only two games but he looked pretty damn good in both.

Back
Top Bottom