Rich Eisen Thinks Tua If Healthy Is A Top Three MVP Candidate in '23 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Eisen Thinks Tua If Healthy Is A Top Three MVP Candidate in '23

Professional oddsmakers are mixed. Some have Tua ahead of Lamar. Some have Lamar ahead of Tua. Just about all have Herbert ahead of both which I find ridiculous.
I stated where I would have them ranked for 2023.
1 Mahomes
2 Hurts
3 Lamar
4 Burrow
5 Tua
6 Allen

I will revisit this thread in December and eat my crow if I am wrong about Lamar.
Nah brother.

No crow to be eaten. Just a difference of opinion.

I could see that. Tua led in QBR in his first year under McDaniel. With more time in the system, and some needed adjustments, Tua should have a big season.

Professional oddsmakers are mixed. Some have Tua ahead of Lamar. Some have Lamar ahead of Tua. Just about all have Herbert ahead of both which I find ridiculous.
1 Mahomes
2 Hurts
3 Lamar
4 Burrow
5 Tua
6 Allen

I will revisit this thread in December and eat my crow if I am wrong about Lamar.
That right there shows the fatal flaw of odds makers. What exactly has Herbert done to make anyone think he’s an MVP candidate. As you pointed out, wins matter. Herbert just doesn’t win. That and there’s noticeable trends to his game particularly in the second half or games against division foes and teams at or above .500. If I could see it and make good money betting on it, what does that say about the odds makers?

Hey I can appreciate that you and I see Jackson differently. I work with data for a living and I always try to isolate trends. I see a trend in his game, perhaps I’m reaching, perhaps I’m not. As far as eating crow, you haven’t been pompous about your opinion so there shouldn’t be any need for that. It’s just civil discourse with differing opinions and there’s nothing wrong with that.

You should notify NFL,com and Caesars Palace, along with all of Vegas, they have no credibility and you know better.

Never said Lamar because of injury concerns.

While I always appreciate thorough research, I’d have preferred your list. Here’s mine for comparison

Tier 1
1 Mahomes
2 Allen
3 Burrow

Tier 2 (not necessarily in order due to how close the group is)

Rodgers
Tua
Lawrence
Hurts

A little further down because they don’t win enough and/or have had a noticeable decline in play.

Jackson
Dak
Herbert

That’s my top 10 with Tua falling anywhere from 4 to 7.

While I always appreciate thorough research, I’d have preferred your list. Here’s mine for comparison

Tier 1
1 Mahomes
2 Allen
3 Burrow

Tier 2 (not necessarily in order due to how close the group is)

Rodgers
Tua
Lawrence
Hurts

A little further down because they don’t win enough and/or have had a noticeable decline in play.

Jacksonomes

Dak
Herbert

That’s my top 10 with Tua falling anywhere from 4 to 7.
Gotcha, Here ya go.

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts

Burrow
Herbert
Lawrence
Jackson
Fields.

I go on individual talent and for me after 8 it is a roll of the dice.

You have Fields over Tua?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Gotcha, Here ya go.

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts

Burrow
Herbert
Lawrence
Jackson
Fields.

I go on individual talent and for me after 8 it is a roll of the dice.

I see from your list that you value athletic QBs, which is fine. Just out or sheer curiosity, what have you seen out of Fields to merit that ranking?

For me it’s about which qb do you trust to win or help you win. I don’t trust Jackson or Fields to beat anyone from the pocket. I don’t trust Herbert to beat anyone. I also don’t care in the slightest about fantasy football numbers as more often then but they’re misleading. Perhaps that’s the disconnect between our two perspectives?

I see from your list that you value athletic QBs, which is fine. Just out or sheer curiosity, what have you seen out of Fields to merit that ranking?

For me it’s about which qb do you trust to win or help you win. I don’t trust Jackson or Fields to beat anyone from the pocket. I don’t trust Herbert to beat anyone. I also don’t care in the slightest about fantasy football numbers as more often then but they’re misleading. Perhaps that’s the disconnect between our two perspectives?
Joe Montana sucked. He wasn't big, no strong arm, couldn't run a 4.4.

I can't believe those morons elected him to the HOF. F'n first ballot, no less. That **** is rigged ....

This thread is about the potential 2023 MVP candidates. There is a correlation between wins and MVP votes.
You responded to a post that detailed why the poster thinks Tua is a better QB than Hurts or Jackson. Your response was simply:

Yet he is behind both in winning percentage

That is what my post referred to.

Back you your claim about wins and MVP votes, I'll add two things:

1. The player with the most wins does not always get MVP.
2. The Dolphins, Eagles, and Ravens should have similar win totals this season (which takes the win total out as a factor).

1 Mahomes
2 Hurts
3 Lamar
4 Burrow
5 Tua
6 Allen

I'm not a big fan of Lamar for all the reasons already stated by others, but there is nothing wrong with this list.

You can continue to downgrade Lamar all you want. He will continue to win football games. He is second only to Mahomes in winning percentage. Let me know when Tua reaches 70%.
Again, check what happens when he doesn't have a top 3 defense.

I really find this funny that all these posters want to argue that Tua is more likely to win the MVP than Lamar. Lamar has won the MVP once already. He just got a big upgrade at WR. The man has won 71 percent of his games with one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. Watch and see what he does with a good WR group this year.

I am not even downgrading Tua. I just rank 4 guys above him in the MVP race.
Lamar now has the stigma of two sub-par seasons to overcome. He didn't have that in 2019. He exploded onto the scene as a first year starter and was the shiny new thing. All running QBs are expected to improve as passers. If they don't, the shine wears off. He will be seen as an older version of Justin Fields and another "dual threat" QB that just can't improve enough as a passer to prolong his career (see Cam Newton).

Over the last two season, Lamar is 15-9, Tua is 15-10. That includes the loss against Cinn that he didn't finish and the loss against GB where he was concussed for the 2nd half.

LMAO.,....,...
I’m wondering if there is a single player ever to play for the dolphins that the guy you quoted actually liked. Maybe Marino if he’s old enough and even that’s doubtful imo.

Back
Top Bottom