Richard Vs. Flores | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Richard Vs. Flores

PokerBrian

Active Roster
Reaction score
I hope the news of us hiring Flores over Richard isnt accurate How do the Dolphins think a guy Belicheck didnt think was ready for the coordinator position after 1 season is ready to be a head coach. While Richard has been successful with more than 1 team with his current team management and players saying he's ready to be a coach and they aren't going to let him go easy. Even both offensive and defensive coordinators of the Cowboys have said he's going to be a great coach. All things I've read online point to Richard being ready while Flores isnt. This team really frustrates me and it just seems like we are about to waste another 2-3 years or more. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not feeling good about this hire.

I hope the news of us hiring Flores over Richard isnt accurate How do the Dolphins think a guy Belicheck didnt think was ready for the coordinator position after 1 season is ready to be a head coach. While Richard has been successful with more than 1 team with his current team management and players saying he's ready to be a coach and they aren't going to let him go easy. Even both offensive and defensive coordinators of the Cowboys have said he's going to be a great coach. All things I've read online point to Richard being ready while Flores isnt. This team really frustrates me and it just seems like we are about to waste another 2-3 years or more. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not feeling good about this hire.

Get the narrative straight. After Dean Pees left the Pats in 2009, no Defensive Coordinator was named. Matt Patricia was the de facto DC in 2010, 2011, 2012, and was named Defensive Coordinator in 2013.

Just the way Belichick does things for the past ten years.

All I know is that if Flores flames out and Richard goes on to become an elite HC somewhere Grier must be fired and Ross should sell the team.

I get the sense they went with Flores because of the Patriot Way garbage and he had some big old binder just like Philbin. And he is just a more easy going guy to get along with the boring Grier. That’s just the sense I get. Richard was too strong a personality for them.

Get the narrative straight. After Dean Pees left the Pats in 2009, no Defensive Coordinator was named. Matt Patricia was the de facto DC in 2010, 2011, 2012, and was named Defensive Coordinator in 2013.

Just the way Belichick does things for the past ten years.

So wait a second, Dean Pees leaves after 2009. Patricia calls plays for the defense in 2010 and 2011 without being named DC. In 2012, Patricia is named DC. He remains DC through 2017. Flores isn’t named DC for 2018. So for 7 of the “10 years” you mention (2009, 2012 - 2017), Belichick had a named DC.

Seems like the OP had it straight. Patricia got a few seasons of calling plays before he was officially named DC. And Flores was getting similar treatment. Which seems to be Belichick’s way of saying “I’ll give you the title when I think you’re ready”.

All I know is that if Flores flames out and Richard goes on to become an elite HC somewhere Grier must be fired and Ross should sell the team.

I get the sense they went with Flores because of the Patriot Way garbage and he had some big old binder just like Philbin. And he is just a more easy going guy to get along with the boring Grier. That’s just the sense I get. Richard was too strong a personality for them.

And if it works the other way around? Will you be the first to apologize and self-ban during his tenure as a Dolphins coach?

And if it works the other way around? Will you be the first to apologize and self-ban during his tenure as a Dolphins coach?
Self ban? I’ll give credit where due, but why would I ban myself?

Ross and Grier don’t exactly have sterling records when it comes to finding talent.

If they hit on Flores I’ll give them credit.

In true Miami style, their gonna hire the man who put the defensive personnel on the field for the Miami miracle.

Self ban? I’ll give credit where due, but why would I ban myself?

Ross and Grier don’t exactly have sterling records when it comes to finding talent.

If they hit on Flores I’ll give them credit.

Sure you will!

No dude, Skape has been a very fair poster since I signed up in 08.

This team has been a dumpster fire for a decade, why would anyone give them the benefit of the doubt?

It’s funny, I’ve even given Grier the benefit of the doubt that the good picks in the last 3 years has been his while the busts have been Tannenbaum or Gase. I don’t even know if he deserves the credit, but I credit him for Minkah, Drake, Tunsil, etc.

So wait a second, Dean Pees leaves after 2009. Patricia calls plays for the defense in 2010 and 2011 without being named DC. In 2012, Patricia is named DC. He remains DC through 2017. Flores isn’t named DC for 2018. So for 7 of the “10 years” you mention (2009, 2012 - 2017), Belichick had a named DC.

Seems like the OP had it straight. Patricia got a few seasons of calling plays before he was officially named DC. And Flores was getting similar treatment. Which seems to be Belichick’s way of saying “I’ll give you the title when I think you’re ready”.

Go deeper. Could be that Bill is keeping his assistants in position without the official title because he gets to keep them longer.

Flores is someone he groomed. Bill liked the guy. That gives me way more confidence than these hissy fit filled hot takes that seem to be the typical programmed reaction around here.

Back
Top Bottom