Richard Vs. Flores | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Richard Vs. Flores

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, circumstances.

I never suggested Flores/Patricia didn't man the spot prior to being named DC. What I'm saying is quite simple: Last off-season, Belichick didn't think Flores had earned the DC title. This is a fact. It is undeniable.
Sounds good.

"Earning the title" might be a weird Belichick sex thing that has nothing to do with football...

This place has really become a cesspool of negativity and weak arguments.

Flores was groomed in the perhaps the best run organized sporting organization in modern history and you're all buthurt about it because the candidate you like had a few nice Youtube videos.

Flores is the Erik Spolestra of the Patriots organization, if he can replicate that success in Miami he'll be fine.

He isn't some OC that has a year of experience in a system. He's been a fixture there and hopefully learned how to manage and run team over his 11 years.

No one denies that Flores has been groomed in a well-run, winning organization.

Matt Patricia was also groomed in that same organization. Josh McDaniels was groomed in that organization.

No one denies that Flores has been groomed in a well-run, winning organization.

Matt Patricia was also groomed in that same organization. Josh McDaniels was groomed in that organization.
Ah I gotcha. So guilt by association. Wonderful argument.

And Matt Patricia came in to Miami and literally **** all over the Dolphins. Ran over the Dolphins and smacked Tannehill around like a little rag doll. Let's not give up on him just yet. He's also stuck with a craptastic QB much like Miami's been stuck with Tannehill.

All I know is that if Flores flames out and Richard goes on to become an elite HC somewhere Grier must be fired and Ross should sell the team.

I get the sense they went with Flores because of the Patriot Way garbage and he had some big old binder just like Philbin. And he is just a more easy going guy to get along with the boring Grier. That’s just the sense I get. Richard was too strong a personality for them.
That ship sailed long ago.

Ah I gotcha. So guilt by association. Wonderful argument.

And Matt Patricia came in to Miami and literally **** all over the Dolphins. Ran over the Dolphins and smacked Tannehill around like a little rag doll. Let's not give up on him just yet. He's also stuck with a craptastic QB much like Miami's been stuck with Tannehill.

It’s called evidence and experience, not guilt by association. The Dolphins should try utilizing it in their head coaching searches every few years, rather than using projection and allowing themselves to be “blown away” by binders, spreadsheets, and flowcharts.

The evidence suggests that former Belichick staffers do not tend to become successful head coaches.

It’s called evidence and experience, not guilt by association. The Dolphins should try utilizing it in their head coaching searches every few years, rather than using projection and allowing themselves to be “blown away” by binders, spreadsheets, and flowcharts.

The evidence suggests that former Belichick staffers do not tend to become successful head coaches.
I love how you left out O'Brien. Who was a couple of points away from having a bye. Does he count?

All this coaching debate is moot anyways until we find a legitimate QB.

I love how you left out O'Brien. Who was a couple of points away from having a bye. Does he count?

All this coaching debate is moot anyways until we find a legitimate QB.

O’Brien left and became a head coach at a major college program for two years before going to the Texans. Given the talent on that Texans team and the fairly weak division, how successful has O’Brien been?

Self ban? I’ll give credit where due, but why would I ban myself?

Ross and Grier don’t exactly have sterling records when it comes to finding talent.

If they hit on Flores I’ll give them credit.
I just hope they hit on who they truly want/first choice and dont have to settle for someone/some staff potentially worse when this hire could b the most important in franchise history. I'm tired and too old to keep rooting for a loser and hanging onto the past.

Get the narrative straight. After Dean Pees left the Pats in 2009, no Defensive Coordinator was named. Matt Patricia was the de facto DC in 2010, 2011, 2012, and was named Defensive Coordinator in 2013.

Just the way Belichick does things for the past ten years.
Hard to question the way Belichick/Pat's do things.....They're pretty much the prototypical template of how to build, plug holes, and keep making the Playoffs EVERY YEAR!!! I Hate Them, but admire the way they run their Organization/Front Office.....
:eek:

O’Brien left and became a head coach at a major college program for two years before going to the Texans. Given the talent on that Texans team and the fairly weak division, how successful has O’Brien been?

I don't have a dog in the fight but really? I mean there are excuses for everything. The Texans had a lot of injuries but still won their division over Luck and Indy. Their division had three potential playoff teams with Tennessee. Best division in the AFC. Weak division? Heard of the AFC East? KC and SD were great but Denver was a dumpster fire and Oakland was horrific.

Maybe Richard was their first choice, but they caught wind that Jerry Jones has some back door agreement with him so Richard would deny the job. Now, Fins are saving face by saying Flores was their first choice all along......Unless Flores than turns them down (ala McDaniels), than Rizzi is their first choice.

Hard to question the way Belichick/Pat's do things.....They're pretty much the prototypical template of how to build, plug holes, and keep making the Playoffs EVERY YEAR!!! I Hate Them, but admire the way they run their Organization/Front Office.....
:eek:

I'm not questioning it.

Flores was the DC last year, regardless of his title (as was Patricia in 10, 11, and possibly 12).

If Big Bill B wants to wait a year, or two, or three to give his assistants the title, more power to him.

Fact remains, his job last year was defensive coordinator. You can call him "coffee boy," doesn't change the facts.

Back
Top Bottom