Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 108 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think in 04 that maybe Ricky considered another year of running in wannys offence was going to get him hurt and he knew if he wasn't there that wanny would be history because without Ricky they has "0" offense.
as for Rickys broken are, that's no big deal at all. I agree this willl keep him from getting hurt worse.
RobFins2005 said:
well, he DID screw Miami over in 04...my issue wasn't with Ricky retiring. Despite what fans say, a football player owes them nothing, if he doesn't love football anymore, let him stop playing.

It was the timing of it--on the eve of training camp. If he even was entertaining such overtures, he should have let the coach know early so they could shop around for a replacement.

One could argue the weed smoking as well....I'm not against marijuana smoking but if you know it's a banned substance in the NFL, at least wait until the offseason so you don't get suspended :)

this last time supposedly wasn't weed though.

donart said:
Don't you think in 04 that maybe Ricky considered another year of running in wannys offence was going to get him hurt and he knew if he wasn't there that wanny would be history because without Ricky they has "0" offense.
as for Rickys broken are, that's no big deal at all. I agree this willl keep him from getting hurt worse.

Again, his desire not to play was not the issue.

It was the timing of his decision. Had he at least made overtures to the possibility, or departed at a time where Miami could react (aka, before the draft, so they could find a replacement, or during the onset of free agency), the team may have been able to salvage something.

I don't buy the whole "he was under contract" thing, teams disrespect players all the time by voiding contracts early. But he still did his team a disservice by the timing of his decision.

ticatfan said:
John Avery ,who has been sitting out will be brought back in.

Do you think were going to take the Bombers in the next 2 weeks! I thought we were going to pull it off in Montreal Ticatfan!

wazzy said:
Do you think were going to take the Bombers in the next 2 weeks! I thought we were going to pull it off in Montreal Ticatfan!
We are ready to explode. We should have beaten montreal, but when cotton gets rid of that cast we will even be better,a few times there, the QB got away because he could not hold on. We will have a great 2nd half, and of course the grey cup.

Chaps said:
Or maybe just save himself the embarrassment of rushing for less than 1000 yards in the CFL.

Jeff Johnson seems to be able to run behind their Oline. Weird.

It's hard to not like Ricky...he really is a genuine, good guy. But some fans sure give him a bad rap.
We will see, what if avery runs for 120 yards on 8 carries in the next game ,will not say to much about ricky.lol

Have i missed something?

has everyone secretely agreed to not dicuss ricky? he just broke his arm, do you all think this matters if any. i have completely given up on this troubled player, whihc is upsetting because i was ready to make him my favorite player again after his play from 2005

It has absolutely no impact on the Dolphins, and is far as I'm concerned, Ricky Williams is no part of this football team.

Seriously, it's not hard to behave and he simply couldn't stay away from the drugs. When you put your signature on that contract you are making a commitment to that football team. He was great for 2 years, but after all this, I wish we never traded for him.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
It has absolutely no impact on the Dolphins, and is far as I'm concerned, Ricky Williams is no part of this football team.

To an extent I agree. I haven't been talking about it because it is not a big deal to me. It's a broken arm, he probably will still be able to play in the CFL. Ricky is still a part of the team though whether or not he is with them. If it were a more serious injury then i would be concerned.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
To an extent I agree. I haven't been talking about it because it is not a big deal to me. It's a broken arm, he probably will still be able to play in the CFL. Ricky is still a part of the team though whether or not he is with them. If it were a more serious injury then i would be concerned.

Technically, he is still a part of the team. But IMO, I can't stand him. If he were to come back and in 2007 and run for 1000+ I would keep my mouth shut and just eat my words. But he walked out on this team, who then let him back in. Then he goes out and gets another drug suspension. He shows no respect to the orginazation or the game at all. I want to see him traded the instant he is reinstated. Too bad he has tarnished any trade value he may have once posessed.

I believe there is a Ricky THREAD around here some where. I think they want all Ricky news to remain in there.

the injury will not affect him while hes a dolphin, he shoud be 100% healed by the time hes ready to play for us if he does next year.....im sure its nothing too serious and he will be back to playing in the CFL shortly

Please, all he did was use a herb for his yoga/hostilic healing that was on the nfl banned substance list. He was wrong for not checking the banned substance list, but thats about it.

My own personal feeling is He's not comming back. I'll
bet He stays in Canada. Plays out a meager career there and
disappears from memory. I just don't care about the soap opera
anymore. I'm excited about this season & the Dolphins future.
For better or worse Ricky aint a part of it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom