Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 109 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Technically, he is still a part of the team. But IMO, I can't stand him. If he were to come back and in 2007 and run for 1000+ I would keep my mouth shut and just eat my words. But he walked out on this team, who then let him back in. Then he goes out and gets another drug suspension. He shows no respect to the orginazation or the game at all. I want to see him traded the instant he is reinstated. Too bad he has tarnished any trade value he may have once posessed.

I figured it was that you couldn't stand him, and that's your opinion. I understand exactly what you are saying as well, just IMHO. The way I see it is that yes Ricky gave us a horrible 2006 season, but he got rid of Wanny. I understand that a lot of people can't stand him, and if I would have seen him in 2004 I would have gone up to him and jacked him in the face as well. But now he is a part of the team, if and when he comes back in '07 he will only help more. And I think he is just taking a much more complicated path through the NFL. I do believe him though when he says he quit doing drugs. I think it was something related to holistic medicine.

I don't really care much about what Ricky is doing. I wish him luck and I am sorry he got hurt, but he has no effect on the team right now. Its just a broken arm. Doesn't seem like that should effect him longterm for when he would come back to the team. I do hope to see him back next year though because as it showed last year, two good running backs giving each other breathers when needed can really help the running game.

Here is the facts:When Saban brought Ricky back it was for ONE reason, trade value. He also helped Ronnie ease into the speed of the NFL. If and when Ricky comes back and makes it through a full season Saban will squeeze every ounce of trade value out of him and ship him off...IMO it is VERY simple, Ricky added value to the Phins organization and will be no more than trade value IF he returns.

dolfan005 said:
Here is the facts:When Saban brought Ricky back it was for ONE reason, trade value. He also helped Ronnie ease into the speed of the NFL. If and when Ricky comes back and makes it through a full season Saban will squeeze every ounce of trade value out of him and ship him off...IMO it is VERY simple, Ricky added value to the Phins organization and will be no more than trade value IF he returns.

I agree, but the trade value went up in smoke after the last test
failure. Ricky owes the Dolphins MONEY thats where the loyalty (from Saban or the organization) now lies! I doubt He'll wear an NFL uniform again.

pwn3dyo said:
Please, all he did was use a herb for his yoga/hostilic healing that was on the nfl banned substance list. He was wrong for not checking the banned substance list, but thats about it.

Yeah thats all he did huh? He only walked out his his teamates, the franchise and us, his fans, on the eve of training camp. Giving up no real time to find a replacement (not that you can replace a NFL rushing champ.) Then we find out he would've been suspended 4 games had he stayed. Then he finds out he's in debt up to his eye balls, but the orginaztion welcomes him back and what does he do? He goes out at tests positive again. I could care less if Ricky ever wore aqua and orange again.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I figured it was that you couldn't stand him, and that's your opinion. I understand exactly what you are saying as well, just IMHO. The way I see it is that yes Ricky gave us a horrible 2006 season, but he got rid of Wanny. I understand that a lot of people can't stand him, and if I would have seen him in 2004 I would have gone up to him and jacked him in the face as well. But now he is a part of the team, if and when he comes back in '07 he will only help more. And I think he is just taking a much more complicated path through the NFL. I do believe him though when he says he quit doing drugs. I think it was something related to holistic medicine.

Yeah but the thing is I was finally ready to forgive him for leaving this team in ruins for the 2004 season. He came back, did good things and looked real promising. I now believe he came back only to pay his debts and dues to the team. Now he's gone again, I could care less what happens to Ricky's football future. I just think it's a damn shame that that kind of talent was wasted on such a misguided character. I would kill to have Ricky's abilities and be playing football. It really is a waste.

ohall said:
I believe there is a Ricky THREAD around here some where. I think they want all Ricky news to remain in there.
sorry i saw that thread a few days ago, couldnt find it

2minutesleft said:
My own personal feeling is He's not comming back. I'll
bet He stays in Canada. Plays out a meager career there and
disappears from memory.

If he keeps up his mediocre production, he wont be playing in Canada for long either.

Somebody in florida has a brain. LOL J/K

[mod] Please don't post entire articles. [/mod]

Sorry Ricky, CFL is superior to NFL

Gee ... I guess Ricky Williams is all washed up. He doesn't appear to be "doing

didley" with the CFL's Toronto Argonauts.

The Boatmen, another nickname for the Argonauts, were at the bottom half of the CFL East standings after the first four games of the Argonauts' 18-game regular CFL season schedule.

Ricky's averaging only about 4 yards per carry.

But hold on there. Wasn't Ricky sorely missed by the Dolphins two years ago when their season failed miserably without him and then revived themselves last year upon his return?

Alleged bad habit and all, Ricky Williams has to be counted as one of the best backs in football.

http://www.venicegondolier.com/NewsArchive3/072606/sp3.htm

Here's is the bottom line - the best football players in the world play in the NFL.

NFL league minimum = high-paid CFL player.

If they are good enough for the NFL, they are in the NFL.

Best players = best league.

NFL >>>> CFL

Here's theory #2: Toronto's offensive line blows chow, or as we say in America, sucks big time. Superman probably coudn't get 4 yards a carry
behind that layer of Canadian Swiss cheese.

Just having some fun guys,don't have a stroke .lol But you have to admit ,if the CFL payed NFL money,you would not have a league. LOL

I would hate on the NFL tooo if I was a Packer fan. A couple of years ago have the first person come out of the closet then having to watch Favres last year go down the sewer pipes. Man If my team was in that shape I would watch a 3rdteer league also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom