Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

  • No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

    Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

    Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

    Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

    Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

    Votes: 15 15.0%

  • Total voters
    100
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHphinfan13

Rookie
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
I forgot to add one more compliment .... your tiger cats could beat the new york jets, no doubt in my mind ( i am being serious )
 

ticatfan

Hammered
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
god's country canada
NHphinfan13 said:
I forgot to add one more compliment .... your tiger cats could beat the new york jets, no doubt in my mind ( i am being serious )
One more point. Our back up QB is kevin eakins,he was a last cut of the jets and when he signed a contract with the ticats on a friday ,both of their QB's went down on the next sunday. Maybe he could have caught on with them.Poor timing or what. My ticats are 1-5 , we have a very good team, we are just not on the same page,but we will finish 10-8 and make the playoffs.
 

ticatfan

Hammered
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
god's country canada
STANK-STASH said:
Well where the hell is the long line to stand in for purchasing CFL Ticket on Direct TV? How much does that run a year, $4.25? You need to move to Canada CFL boy.
We don't need one. All the games are on regular tv. I get the NFL package here for 24.95.
 

feelthepain

Hammered
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
9,049
Reaction score
6
Location
S.Jersey
ticatfan said:
Well john avery was activated to replace ricky,if avery has a great game.................

I don't know where you're going with this, but Avery is not, can not and will not be a better back then Ricky! I could care less what Avery does from this point on. I'm glad he didn't blow an ACL or Achilles and I hope this injury ends his season is the CFL, I didn't want him to play their because he could be injured, and look what happened.
 

ticatfan

Hammered
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
god's country canada
feelthepain said:
I don't know where you're going with this, but Avery is not, can not and will not be a better back then Ricky! I could care less what Avery does from this point on. I'm glad he didn't blow an ACL or Achilles and I hope this injury ends his season is the CFL, I didn't want him to play their because he could be injured, and look what happened.
Just saying if avery tears up the league when ricky could'nt, it menas that some players are suited for one league or the other.
 

ticatfan

Hammered
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
god's country canada
burger13 said:
There was a lot of hype about him last year...........and what NFL team did he wind up on??? Oh that's right, NONE.

John Avery is a legit CFL runner. The same John Avery that was an enormous bust in the NFL.
Drafted by the Miami Dolphins (NFL) in the 1st Round (29 Overall) of the NFL Draft…holds Miami’s single season combined yards record for a rookie (1,655).
Enormous bust you say.
 

Dol-Fan Dupree

Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
12,439
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
Seattle WA
ticatfan said:
Drafted by the Miami Dolphins (NFL) in the 1st Round (29 Overall) of the NFL Draft…holds Miami’s single season combined yards record for a rookie (1,655).
Enormous bust you say.
Actually he is an enormous bust. One of the worst picks in Dolphin history.
 

ticatfan

Hammered
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
god's country canada
Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Actually he is an enormous bust. One of the worst picks in Dolphin history.
Since you guys hate the CFL so much,then you guys should be totally embaressed by your picks ,since most of then play for the argos.lol
 

Dol-Fan Dupree

Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
12,439
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
Seattle WA
ticatfan said:
Since you guys hate the CFL so much,then you guys should be totally embaressed by your picks ,since most of then play for the argos.lol
Not really hating on the CFL, just hating on John Avery who was a huge bust for the Dolphins. Traded for another bust who also ended up doing nothing for the phins. I don't know how it works in the CFL, however in the NFL you don't use a first round pick for a player that lasts 3 years in the NFL.
 

Lazy1

The Beer Pong Table of Champions!
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
1,454
Reaction score
21
ticatfan said:
Drafted by the Miami Dolphins (NFL) in the 1st Round (29 Overall) of the NFL Draft…holds Miami’s single season combined yards record for a rookie (1,655).
Enormous bust you say.
He was an enormous bust, drafting a guy to be an above average return man and a decent 3rd down back is not a value and is not a good pick. He couldn't hang in the nfl and should have never been a first round pick. He racked up all those yards on special teams.
 

jim1

Pro Bowler
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
5,744
Reaction score
234
ticatfan said:
We don't need one. All the games are on regular tv. I get the NFL package here for 24.95.
I've never even heard of an American paying to watch CFL games- that should tell you something. Not that you have any credibility left, but questioning the statement that Avery was a bust with the Dolphins?
We WAIVED him when he was in his early 20's, what part don't you get? If you get off by talking smack and making half-assed points just to get a reaction from Dolphins and NFL fans, well that says a lot about you as a man. You sound like you're wonderful at annoying people, please do it in Canada. You, sir, are a waste of time and I'm done with you. Over and permanently out.
 

MaxTaffey

Rookie
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Whoa. Definitely feel like I lost a few million braincells after reading the past couple pages of this thread. Lot of ignorance displayed on both sides.
Ticatfan, you really are coming across as an annoying s***. And the "lol" after every sentence you write really isn't necessary.

What's really prompted me to post though is to try and educate posters like G-Force who seem to think football was invented in North Carolina, and that the CFL is some kind of rip off of the great American pastime.

We've been playing football up here for as long as you have in the States. The game in it's original form was introduced to North America in Montreal. It was McGill University that invited Harvard to play the new game, one game in Montreal, and one game at Harvard. Since Harvard didn't have a full size rugby field, they played on a smaller field, and reduced the number of players to 11. Those two differences (field size and number of players) have been constant ever since.

And for everyone who thinks the CFL isn't as big as the NFL simply because it's an "inferior" game, think again. The NFL and the CFL were basically on par with each other, back when sports teams were financed by attendance only. The NFL and CFL even used to stage inter-league games, and yes the Hamilton Ticats beat the Buffalo Bills in the last one, held in 1961. It was only when network television began paying huge dollars to broadcast the games that the CFL fell by the wayside. The NFL's main source of revenue is now from TV deals. Because the US television market is 10 times that of Canada's, there is no way the CFL could hope to get the same kind of money.

Of course the NFL has the better players, but don't disrespect the CFL because you think it's some bush-league NFL "wannabe". The two style's of play evolved from the same source, at the same time. Canada prefers one style of play, while the States prefer another. As sports fans, why can't we appreciate both, instead of trying to tear each other's game down? :shakeno:
 

Dol-Fan Dupree

Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
12,439
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
Seattle WA
MaxTaffey said:
Of course the NFL has the better players, but don't disrespect the CFL because you think it's some bush-league NFL "wannabe". The two style's of play evolved from the same source, at the same time. Canada prefers one style of play, while the States prefer another. As sports fans, why can't we appreciate both, instead of trying to tear each other's game down? :shakeno:
I don't think you understand Americans.
 

jim1

Pro Bowler
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
5,744
Reaction score
234
MaxTaffey said:
Whoa. Definitely feel like I lost a few million braincells after reading the past couple pages of this thread. Lot of ignorance displayed on both sides.
Ticatfan, you really are coming across as an annoying s***. And the "lol" after every sentence you write really isn't necessary.

What's really prompted me to post though is to try and educate posters like G-Force who seem to think football was invented in North Carolina, and that the CFL is some kind of rip off of the great American pastime.

We've been playing football up here for as long as you have in the States. The game in it's original form was introduced to North America in Montreal. It was McGill University that invited Harvard to play the new game, one game in Montreal, and one game at Harvard. Since Harvard didn't have a full size rugby field, they played on a smaller field, and reduced the number of players to 11. Those two differences (field size and number of players) have been constant ever since.

And for everyone who thinks the CFL isn't as big as the NFL simply because it's an "inferior" game, think again. The NFL and the CFL were basically on par with each other, back when sports teams were financed by attendance only. The NFL and CFL even used to stage inter-league games, and yes the Hamilton Ticats beat the Buffalo Bills in the last one, held in 1961. It was only when network television began paying huge dollars to broadcast the games that the CFL fell by the wayside. The NFL's main source of revenue is now from TV deals. Because the US television market is 10 times that of Canada's, there is no way the CFL could hope to get the same kind of money.

Of course the NFL has the better players, but don't disrespect the CFL because you think it's some bush-league NFL "wannabe". The two style's of play evolved from the same source, at the same time. Canada prefers one style of play, while the States prefer another. As sports fans, why can't we appreciate both, instead of trying to tear each other's game down? :shakeno:
That's a very well thought out post with some great info, thx. I don't think that it's as much wanting to bash the CFL as it is reacting to some guy who basically says, "Hey, I'm bored at work, why not stir something up with a bunch of Americans who are really into football." That's just lame. And furthermore, no disrespect intended, to claim that the CFL is on par with the NFL is just asinine, for all of the obvious reasons.

p.s. Thank you for pointing how lame and annoying the "lol" stuff was.
 

ticatfan

Hammered
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
god's country canada
Well maybe if these americans showed a little respect, people would not want to stir up ****. I for one has never dissed the NFL . But reading all the crap written here in the last few months about the CFL and canada, no wonder people want to stir up ****. Some of the people here are so full of themselves it is pathetic. If you would have noticed the lol j/k at the start then you should have figured out what was going on . But no you don't ,you just start spewling hate and garbage. You guys should lighten up a little, there is not to many countries left in the world that still stand behind you. And with canadian soldiers dying in afghanistan and lebanon , we had one guy here dis our military. Yes the lefties up here let our military go down ,but our new goverment is building it back up, with american hardware. (Jobs for americans) Now I understand it is only a handfull of idiots that ruin it for america ,I just did not know that hand full is on this board. Sorry for the inconvenience I cause with what I thought was a little friendly banter. I am out of here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom