Ricky just cost himself a lot of money! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky just cost himself a lot of money!

Great. :rolleyes: Now this is what we have to look forward to the ENTIRE offseason and throughout the season next year. Watching pieces on ESPN about Ricky's bald head, listening to "takes" on Ricky's bald head on WQAM and other radio stations, seeing ridiculous threads like this one on Ricky's bald head. Watching games on TV and hearing the commentators talk about Ricky's bald head.

Get over it. It's a tired conversation already. He cut all his hair off...and? So what? It's a personal decision, and I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
Great. :rolleyes: Now this is what we have to look forward to the ENTIRE offseason and throughout the season next year. Watching pieces on ESPN about Ricky's bald head, listening to "takes" on Ricky's bald head on WQAM and other radio stations, seeing ridiculous threads like this one on Ricky's bald head. Watching games on TV and hearing the commentators talk about Ricky's bald head.

Get over it. It's a tired conversation already. He cut all his hair off...and? So what? It's a personal decision, and I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Originally posted by Phins34
Ricky Shaving his head has to be one of the dumbest moves he could have done. Though having them or not won't affect his performance on the field. What it will affect is his marketablility. There are only a very few people in the NFL that any average person could recognize without their helmet and uniform on. Michael Vick, Brett Favre, and Ray Lewis are on this very small list. Ricky WAS on it. He will lose a lot of money by doing this. Since the NFL makes you wear a helmet and uniform it makes it hard for companies to want you to be their sponsor because many people wont even recognize who it is. As you may have noticed Ricky Williams did a lot of endorsements last year from video games to commercials. He won't be able to now because he will be unrecognizable to the non NFL fan. Jamal Lewis set the 2nd highest NFL rushing record last year and I gurrantee probably not one non NFL fan could recognize who he is without all his crap on. You do not see Jamal endorsing any video games or commercials (and he had one of the greatest seasons of all time). This was a really dumb move for Ricky, because no he just blends in with everyone else in the NFL, no matter how well he may perform on the field he will not make nearly as much money as he could.

What are you talking about?! Super Cuts signed Ricky to a mega million dollar deal.

Ricky Shaving his head has to be one of the dumbest moves he could have done. Though having them or not won't affect his performance on the field. What it will affect is his marketablility. There are only a very few people in the NFL that any average person could recognize without their helmet and uniform on. Michael Vick, Brett Favre, and Ray Lewis are on this very small list. Ricky WAS on it. He will lose a lot of money by doing this. Since the NFL makes you wear a helmet and uniform it makes it hard for companies to want you to be their sponsor because many people wont even recognize who it is. As you may have noticed Ricky Williams did a lot of endorsements last year from video games to commercials. He won't be able to now because he will be unrecognizable to the non NFL fan. Jamal Lewis set the 2nd highest NFL rushing record last year and I gurrantee probably not one non NFL fan could recognize who he is without all his crap on. You do not see Jamal endorsing any video games or commercials (and he had one of the greatest seasons of all time). This was a really dumb move for Ricky, because no he just blends in with everyone else in the NFL, no matter how well he may perform on the field he will not make nearly as much money as he could.

Yeah yeah and maybe mike Jackson will shave his head too!!

Hey look I know a lot about Sports Marketing. Ricky cutting his hair will not HURT any of his sponsorships. If anything it will open up new doors due to the fact that people are talking about it....lol

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Hey look I know a lot about Sports Marketing. Ricky cutting his hair will not HURT any of his sponsorships. If anything it will open up new doors due to the fact that people are talking about it....lol

The only people who are really talking about this are Dolphins fans.

Cutting his hair can definitely hurt his sponsorships because he is less recognizible. The dreads made his recognizible. Companies sign celebrities/sports players to sponsorships because they are recognizible. Ricky was in a VISA commercial because he was recognizible.

I am sure that Ricky will still be recognizible without his dreads. We will all know exactly what he looks like without them when he gets off a plane in the USA when he returns from Australia. He will still get bothered on the street when his picture is in the newspaper without the dreads. However, he will not be as recognizible nationally as he was before. The dreads made his look unique, and he no longer has them.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The only people who are really talking about this are Dolphins fans.

Exactly. It's not on the cover of espn.com, he's not going to be on the cover of People Magazine this week, and he sure as hell won't be on Larry King talking about.

And whoever wrote about having him signed by SuperCuts, that's just a big ol' booya to the thread starter.

Let's not forget razor blade companies. How's he gonna keep the noggin all nice and smooth? Ain't many national dread upkeep companies to advertise for.

Have you ever heard of the Madden Curse maybe it is good he wont be on any video game covers. Every player who has been has been hurt the next year. This year it was Vick. Other times it has been Faulk, Eddie George and Culpepper all suffering though injuries and some of thier worst seasons after appearing on Madden Covers. Maybe next year they will put Brady on it.:D

If it's such a dumb topic why are you wasting your team reding everyone's posts and responding. If it's so stupid don't click on the link of the topic and you will never hear about this

Aww, is it upsetting you that I keep posting, and people keep reading, and people keep disagreeing with you? Sorry. (I'm really not, that's called sarasm)

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Aww, is it upsetting you that I keep posting, and people keep reading, and people keep disagreeing with you? Sorry. (I'm really not, that's called sarasm)
I'm not sorry either...

If it's such a dumb topic why are you wasting your team reding everyone's posts and responding. If it's so stupid don't click on the link of the topic and you will never hear about this
Umm...the purpose of a forum is not for a bunch of people to chime in and agree with each other. It's a place for a discussion of various ideas and opinions. If you expect everyone to agree with you, too bad.

Originally posted by Brad528
Have you ever heard of the Madden Curse maybe it is good he wont be on any video game covers. Every player who has been has been hurt the next year. This year it was Vick. Other times it has been Faulk, Eddie George and Culpepper all suffering though injuries and some of thier worst seasons after appearing on Madden Covers. Maybe next year they will put Brady on it.:D

I don't want any Dolphins to ever be on the cover of Madden. However, Ricky was on the cover of another EA sports game.

0001463314737_500X500-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom