ricky motivated | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky motivated

I was under the impression that he was still under contract and Parcells and co. already have picked up his option...no?

We have him at the league minimum.

Can't wait to see the R&R express!!! :hi5:

Hes under contract for this season because Parcells and Co. took his option. But i'm pretty sure Kdawg was talking about extending his contract for the future (an extension) which he might/might not deserve after this upcoming season.

Hopefully he earns an extension with us. but its not something we should bank on.

Good to hear, but I will always remain skeptical of Ricky. He has said the right things before and seemed to be changed, but there always were setbacks.

Hopefully nothing bad happens, but I can never 100% trust this guy anymore. I can't wait though to start yelling "Run Ricky Run" again. :up:

Hopefully the Dolphins take the same approach.

Relying on this guy would be silly for this organization.
JT's "scrambled brains" comment from last year fits Ricky much better than it did Green.

He's older and based on recent history you could make an argument that his body has lost a little from his departure from football as he's had some injury problems.

He should be seen as little more than a possible surprise contributor.
They should look for another RB that could be considered a solid #2 regardless of Ricky's presence IMO.

Hopefully the Dolphins take the same approach.

Relying on this guy would be silly for this organization.
JT's "scrambled brains" comment from last year fits Ricky much better than it did Green.

He's older and based on recent history you could make an argument that his body has lost a little from his departure from football as he's had some injury problems.

He should be seen as little more than a possible surprise contributor.
They should look for another RB that could be considered a solid #2 regardless of Ricky's presence IMO.

It's nice to find someone who is thinking the same way I am about the running back position. I have been saying this whole offseson that we will need to add a running back. Possibly in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft.

Yeah, I would say this is his last chance. He's got everything to prove and any chance of getting signed, let alone any more money rides on his performance this year. Anyone should be very motivated by that. If he gets hurt again or doesn't produce, he'll not only be gone from here, but nobody short of the AFL or CFL is going to look twice at him (and not too sure about CFL, as he didn't do much when he was up there). So if we get some decent production from him, great!! If not, it will be his last broken promise and opportunity with our franchise and probably the NFL.

How come he wasn't motivated the last 2-3 chances he got from Miami?

Immaturity. I think around 28 to 29 you really turn a corner in your maturity level. He will only have 1 more major contract oppertunity also, after this contract. So, he knows he better cash in and set himself and his family up for life with his next contract!

This is great to hear while I beleive Ronnie Brown showed us last year he is an elitie back when healthy and we know that Ricky has been in the past we really need both those guys to play to that level and they need each other for that to happen. Ronnie has shined and stayed healthy in a 2 back set in the past and Ricky you "almost" have to figure has to be running out of some gas as his age so they compliment each other at this juncture!

I seem to remember a huge Ricky fumble on a Sunday Night in 2002 that helped the Jets beat Miami which became the difference in winning the division that year.

And how many SB's have you guys won since then ? Oh yeah zero just like us..:boohoo::boohoo:

It's nice to find someone who is thinking the same way I am about the running back position. I have been saying this whole offseson that we will need to add a running back. Possibly in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft.

Agreed but how do you discount Ricky at the same point? Its really hard to do. We do have L Booker to help on the load but he is a different type of back. I guess that opens up the argument that we should have kept Chatman or consider drafting McFadden. I reality I agree to some extent with those arguments but with so many holes to fill its hard to put so much energy into one position. On a past post I did go into detail how drafting Macfadden along with beefing up the OL would really help the team overall at the QB position and defensive side of the ball along with some extra wins!

I like this setup:
MB III (featured back)
Lobo (utility back)
Gado (short yardage)

This is great to hear while I beleive Ronnie Brown showed us last year he is an elitie back when healthy and we know that Ricky has been in the past we really need both those guys to play to that level and they need each other for that to happen. Ronnie has shined and stayed healthy in a 2 back set in the past and Ricky you "almost" have to figure has to be running out of some gas as his age so they compliment each other at this juncture!
i agree with this statement....i would've thought that Ronnie would be an every down back considering his size,but he's proven that he can't stay healthy,and i think that's because of how hard he runs,but the 2 of them do compliment each other really well,and i think that if Ricky can stay out of trouble and get healthy again,as with Ronnie on the healthy part,they can and will be an elite 2 back set in the NFL,but that's JMO.

I was under the impression that he was still under contract and Parcells and co. already have picked up his option...no?

We have him at the league minimum.

Can't wait to see the R&R express!!! :hi5:

Yep, but if he can prove reliable . . . we will want to resign him . . . I don't know if he will EVER get that HUGE contract that he is capable of . . . and I doubt anybody will ever make him their #1 RB with a league ban the next option if another failed test looms its head . . . but what a backup he is. I think it becomes a priority to sign him if he returns this year and has similar success to his 2005 season.

Hes under contract for this season because Parcells and Co. took his option. But i'm pretty sure Kdawg was talking about extending his contract for the future (an extension) which he might/might not deserve after this upcoming season.

Hopefully he earns an extension with us. but its not something we should bank on.

Definitely can't bank on ANYTHING with Ricky . . . but I would like to still see him come back and succeed with us. Hell we still have 2 #1's invested in this guy . . . and he is still a Dolphin . . . I'm still gonna root for him . . . for the better of the team.

Back
Top Bottom