Ricky&Ronnie VS W.McGhee&T.Henry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky&Ronnie VS W.McGhee&T.Henry

Now now you got to take the Bills RB duo.

Both Henry and McGahee as had 1,000 rushing yards in a season and both if them are commited to football.

Brown has yet to play in an NFL game so you dont know how he is going to be, and Ricky is returning from smocking weed. Brown is only commited to football and Ricky is not(for now).

A vote for the Miami duo is a homer vote. It's based on what you hope they accomplish, not on anything that is proven. RB has never played in the NFL. RW may not be committed or in shape and is one failed test away from missing the whole season.

Mcgahee and Hnery have proved what they can do .... ask this question after a season

Well Ricky may not even play, and I don't believe Travis Henry will show up so it's hard to tell. Ronnie has yet to play a down in the NFL, so it's an easy vote for the Bills. If someone brings up McGahee's knee they have no clue of the situation, his knee is as likely as any other RB's knee who has not had surgery to blow out so it is irrelavant.

Based on Ricky's past numbers and Ronnie's college career I would say RR, but in all reality you have to go with the bills backs. But like others said wait till after the season or at least midseason, and then ask me again.

Homers... :shakeno:

If we're talking right now who would I take, it's easily McGahee and Henry. Ricky cannot be trusted and Ronnie is unproven. Next offseason might change my opinion though.

I would take just Ronnie over the other 3 backs though if I was starting a team. Ricky brings down the value until he proves himself again.

djfresh47 said:
If someone brings up McGahee's knee they have no clue of the situation, his knee is as likely as any other RB's knee who has not had surgery to blow out so it is irrelavant.

That's not what I read in a NFL magazine today. I can't remember which one it was but it said McGahee still has a higher injury chance then other RB's. They said the risk of McGahee is high while his reward is also high. I fail to believe that someone who's had McGahee's problem is back to 100% normal like nothing happened.

If the NFL were drafting right now, and Ricky & Ronnie came in a package, and Willis & Travis came in a package, complete with whatever they have already accomplished and done, I believe Ricky & Ronnie would be drafted before Willis & Travis.

1. Ricky's problems are offset by the presence of Ronnie and the fact that Travis Henry has stated that he will never take another snap for the Bills ever again. At this point, I give Ricky a higher chance of appearing on the field than Travis...and when at full speed, Ricky is far more talented than Travis Henry.

2. That gruesome knee injury will always stay in the back of personnel peoples' minds with Willis McGahee. The chances are it will eventually come back to haunt him.

It's a tough question. Draft a nut job with all the talent in the world who SAYS he wants to play for you for at least 2 more seasons, and a rookie who has never run in the NFL before but is one of the most complete backs to come out since maybe Marshall Faulk with the best size/speed combo to come out since Jamal Lewis...

Or, draft a standup character in Travis Henry who is a pretty good runningback when running at full speed but who SAYS he will never play a snap for you again, and a second year pro who has gained 1000 yards over a 12 game stretch but who has the spectre of a horribly gruesome knee injury in the past...

VERY tough decision. If Travis Henry released a statement tomorrow saying ok, I'll play for the Bills if they don't trade me, I'll share time with McGahee, etc...then you'd probably take Henry and McGahee just because Ricky Williams is a nutcase.

But looking at their sheer compatibility, having Ricky & Ronnie gives you a better likelihood at achieving the best possible results while utilizing both runningbacks because their styles can compliment each other. With Travis & Willis, you basically are better off using one back at a time, and so at all times, one of them will be sitting on the bench or not getting used much. If Travis eats too much into Willis' playing time you won't get the most out of Willis...and the same is true the other way around. However, Ronnie at least, has shown that he can be used as a part timer and still gain a LOT of yards, catching and running.

But Ricky is a nut job. So, I guess you take the good depth over a dynamic duo.

byroan said:
That's not what I read in a NFL magazine today. I can't remember which one it was but it said McGahee still has a higher injury chance then other RB's. They said the risk of McGahee is high while his reward is also high. I fail to believe that someone who's had McGahee's problem is back to 100% normal like nothing happened.

Perhaps the risk was high because they did not know how good he would be when on the field. I still did not think he was 100% last season, he looked very powerful but slow IMO, he reminded me of Ricky in New Orleans to be honest. I'm actually pretty sure a surgically repaired knee is no more likely of being hurt than a knee that has not been operated on, or atleast it's been reported by some surgeons.

The odds of Henry playing for Buffalo in 2005, compared to that of Ricky playing in Miami, are heavily in our favor. Henry is as good as traded, so I'm not even going to consider him an option for the Bills....

RR ALL THE WAY!!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

ckparrothead said:
If the NFL were drafting right now, and Ricky & Ronnie came in a package, and Willis & Travis came in a package, complete with whatever they have already accomplished and done, I believe Ricky & Ronnie would be drafted before Willis & Travis.

1. Ricky's problems are offset by the presence of Ronnie and the fact that Travis Henry has stated that he will never take another snap for the Bills ever again. At this point, I give Ricky a higher chance of appearing on the field than Travis...and when at full speed, Ricky is far more talented than Travis Henry.

2. That gruesome knee injury will always stay in the back of personnel peoples' minds with Willis McGahee. The chances are it will eventually come back to haunt him.

It's a tough question. Draft a nut job with all the talent in the world who SAYS he wants to play for you for at least 2 more seasons, and a rookie who has never run in the NFL before but is one of the most complete backs to come out since maybe Marshall Faulk with the best size/speed combo to come out since Jamal Lewis...

Or, draft a standup character in Travis Henry who is a pretty good runningback when running at full speed but who SAYS he will never play a snap for you again, and a second year pro who has gained 1000 yards over a 12 game stretch but who has the spectre of a horribly gruesome knee injury in the past...

VERY tough decision. If Travis Henry released a statement tomorrow saying ok, I'll play for the Bills if they don't trade me, I'll share time with McGahee, etc...then you'd probably take Henry and McGahee just because Ricky Williams is a nutcase.

But looking at their sheer compatibility, having Ricky & Ronnie gives you a better likelihood at achieving the best possible results while utilizing both runningbacks because their styles can compliment each other. With Travis & Willis, you basically are better off using one back at a time, and so at all times, one of them will be sitting on the bench or not getting used much. If Travis eats too much into Willis' playing time you won't get the most out of Willis...and the same is true the other way around. However, Ronnie at least, has shown that he can be used as a part timer and still gain a LOT of yards, catching and running.

But Ricky is a nut job. So, I guess you take the good depth over a dynamic duo.

Travis Henry was a cancer in the locker room after being benched and can not tell the difference between a 14 yr old female and an 18yr old female, so calling him a standup character guy is questionable.

This is a bit skewed, we have no idea if Ricky can still produce, we also have no idea if Henry will even play, let alone be into the game. I suppose that if McGahey can stay healthy it has to be T and W, they are both proven amazing backs. Travis Henry is top 5, Mcgahey is up there. Ronnie has not taken a snap and ricky is... well, Ricky is Ricky

Junoir 61503 said:
I was just wondering which duo is actually better right now?Who would you take to start the season?
definately the bills backs are better than ours, could change quickly !!!

Travis Henry was a cancer in the locker room after being benched and can not tell the difference between a 14 yr old female and an 18yr old female, so calling him a standup character guy is questionable.

Those are two things I've never heard before. Do you have any links? I'm not denying you, but I would like to see some links and find out more about who I thought had been a pretty standup guy...

Back
Top Bottom