Ricky&Ronnie VS W.McGhee&T.Henry | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky&Ronnie VS W.McGhee&T.Henry

enigmatics said:
How is Ronnie the highest prospect in many years? Which years by the way? You explanation for the games Ronnie only started are great, but it remains to be seen how durable the man is. McGahee has rehabilitated that knee? Or did you not see that last year? I know the rest of the league did. The only thing Ronnie has over McGahee is hands.......the rest is debatable and yet to be seen in the pros.

Ya know what, McGahee did not have the same "burst" he had in college. If ya watched him I personally think if he dropped a few pounds he would be much better. McGahee is not overweight or anything but if he dropped the weight and gained back the speed I think he's very comparable to the Ricky Williams who gained 1800 yds and lead the NFL in rushing. This is just my opinion, and being very knowledgeable about the Bills situation, I don't think Willis McGahee was the best pick for the team for that particular season. Travis Henry is a very average rb IMO, but the Bills should've picked a player that would've contributed that season as I think they were close to being a playoff team. McGahee is a very good RB, but if you've got a proven RB, in which the Bills did have at the time, McGahee has to be great to justify that pick. If I was a Bills fan, I would be calling for Donahoe's head because he has been a terrible GM for them so far. I would actually like to see a post by a Bills fan commenting on Donahoe because this will be his 5th season I believe, he is not under contract past the up coming season and has yet to make the playoffs so who knows what they're going to do. I think Donahoe will get an extension but if the Bills do not make the playoffs can a Bills fan honestly justify the hiring of him? Just so a Bills fan does not claim, I'm biased, I'm going to be very skeptical if he does not have the team in the playoffs within 4 years, and if he did not have the team in playoffs in the 5th year I probably would not give him an extension. I'm not gonna mention the Losman pick because I liked that pick alot, and think he's gonna be a very good QB, but I question the hiring of Mularkey,drafting Mike Williams, drafting McGahee when Henry is on the roster.

Who said Ronnie had a better college career? Ronnie was a split starter not a backup.

You know that the combine would set Ronnie ahead of every back that has came out the last few years. I would honestly take Larry Johnson over Willis! He looks like he could be better than Priest!

I would have loved having Willis last year, but he would have been mauled w/ the line we had.

PHINZONER said:
Who said Ronnie had a better college career? Ronnie was a split starter not a backup.

You know that the combine would set Ronnie ahead of every back that has came out the last few years. I would honestly take Larry Johnson over Willis! He looks like he could be better than Priest!

Well Derrick Blaylock was a very productive back for KC, and ahead of Johnson on the depth chart, and I would not take him over McGahee. KC's offensive line probably had alot more to do with the RB production, although I think Johnson will be a good back, just not as good as McGahee or Brown for that matter.

The difference is what Larry did! He was 3rd b/c of a tif w/ Vermeil.
Larry was better than anyone, even Preist! He looked awsome. Granted, I agree that the KC line and the offense is a large part, but he stepped in like a 5 year vet at the top of his game.

djfresh47 said:
Ya know what, McGahee did not have the same "burst" he had in college. If ya watched him I personally think if he dropped a few pounds he would be much better. McGahee is not overweight or anything but if he dropped the weight and gained back the speed I think he's very comparable to the Ricky Williams who gained 1800 yds and lead the NFL in rushing. This is just my opinion, and being very knowledgeable about the Bills situation, I don't think Willis McGahee was the best pick for the team for that particular season. Travis Henry is a very average rb IMO, but the Bills should've picked a player that would've contributed that season as I think they were close to being a playoff team. McGahee is a very good RB, but if you've got a proven RB, in which the Bills did have at the time, McGahee has to be great to justify that pick. If I was a Bills fan, I would be calling for Donahoe's head because he has been a terrible GM for them so far. I would actually like to see a post by a Bills fan commenting on Donahoe because this will be his 5th season I believe, he is not under contract past the up coming season and has yet to make the playoffs so who knows what they're going to do. I think Donahoe will get an extension but if the Bills do not make the playoffs can a Bills fan honestly justify the hiring of him? Just so a Bills fan does not claim, I'm biased, I'm going to be very skeptical if he does not have the team in the playoffs within 4 years, and if he did not have the team in playoffs in the 5th year I probably would not give him an extension. I'm not gonna mention the Losman pick because I liked that pick alot, and think he's gonna be a very good QB, but I question the hiring of Mularkey,drafting Mike Williams, drafting McGahee when Henry is on the roster.

Wow, I was about to go to bed but okay, I'll see if I can answer some of your many points.

Willis McGahee we were told was a bad pick by every talking head on ESPN and by the majority of this message board because the Bills should have drafted for NEED. For Better or Worse Tom Donahoe drafts for BPA and Willis McGahee was the considered by the Bills personnel top 3 in the draft even AFTER he injured his knee! So they thought highly of him and there was no way in the world they were going to reach for an inferior DE. Take a look at the players drafted right after Willis and show me ONE of them you would rather have than McGahee.

Now for Tom Donahoe's GM record. He inherited a team in salary cap jail and instead of bleeding it out slowly he purged most of the players and rebuilt the roster in his own image. So the first 2 years under him it's understandable we didn't make the playoffs.

Now for the 2 biggest mistakes under Donahoe. The hiring of Gregg Williams and the trade for Drew Bledsoe. Gregg Williams was a great defensive coordinator in Tennessee and had the #1 ranked D in the NFL. Well, in 2003 the Bills had a top ranked defense with Williams, Jerry Grey, and Dick Lebeau all playing a role. But our offensive line was terrible, Moulds got injured and Bledsoe's wheels fell off. This wasn't helped by Kevin Gilbride (AKA Kevin Killdrive in Buffalo) caling a pass every time it was 3rd and 1 or calling bizarre halfback tosses or gameplans that called for Bledsoe to drop back and throw the ball 50 times a game.

So that deadweight has been cut and now this year it is playoffs or else. Donahoe's first 2 draft classes are just coming into their primes now...

2001 Nate Clements, Aaron Schobel, Travis Henry, Jonas Jennings, Ron Edwards
2002 Mike Williams, Ryan Denney, Josh Reed, Coy Wire, Justin Bannan, Kevin Thomas

PHINZONER said:

Yeah, and AJ wasn't really a 3rd stringer in Philly.

What did Ronnie do in the combine that set him ahead of every back that came out in the last few years? I saw the combine and all I saw were guys walking around waiting to run 40's and run around cones.

If you would take Larry Johnson over Willis then I seriously hope you become the Dolphins GM. Because that would be a lot of fun.

baalworship said:
Wow, I was about to go to bed but okay, I'll see if I can answer some of your many points.

Willis McGahee we were told was a bad pick by every talking head on ESPN and by the majority of this message board because the Bills should have drafted for NEED. For Better or Worse Tom Donahoe drafts for BPA and Willis McGahee was the considered by the Bills personnel top 3 in the draft even AFTER he injured his knee! So they thought highly of him and there was no way in the world they were going to reach for an inferior DE. Take a look at the players drafted right after Willis and show me ONE of them you would rather have than McGahee.

Now for Tom Donahoe's GM record. He inherited a team in salary cap jail and instead of bleeding it out slowly he purged most of the players and rebuilt the roster in his own image. So the first 2 years under him it's understandable we didn't make the playoffs.

Now for the 2 biggest mistakes under Donahoe. The hiring of Gregg Williams and the trade for Drew Bledsoe. Gregg Williams was a great defensive coordinator in Tennessee and had the #1 ranked D in the NFL. Well, in 2003 the Bills had a top ranked defense with Williams, Jerry Grey, and Dick Lebeau all playing a role. But our offensive line was terrible, Moulds got injured and Bledsoe's wheels fell off. This wasn't helped by Kevin Gilbride (AKA Kevin Killdrive in Buffalo) caling a pass every time it was 3rd and 1 or calling bizarre halfback tosses or gameplans that called for Bledsoe to drop back and throw the ball 50 times a game.

So that deadweight has been cut and now this year it is playoffs or else. Donahoe's first 2 draft classes are just coming into their primes now...

2001 Nate Clements, Aaron Schobel, Travis Henry, Jonas Jennings, Ron Edwards
2002 Mike Williams, Ryan Denney, Josh Reed, Coy Wire, Justin Bannan, Kevin Thomas

C'mon you know you would love to have Eddie Moore or taylor Whitley! What about wade smith?

Serious, look at Larry Johnson(toss up) Jason Witten, Nate Burelson and that is about all I could come up w/ that even smells Willis's hind side or even close to a pickthat could have helped in year 1 and all of those would have been a reach except for LJ.
I hated the pick b/c I felt he was a great player that would need time and he got it!

Back
Top Bottom