Ricky Thought Dave Was a Joke? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Thought Dave Was a Joke?

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
"Williams should have cared about them even if he didn't care about the coach, Dave Wannstedt, who gave him his fresh start and then coddled and defended him. (As one Dolphins starter put it Sunday: "Ain't nothing Wayne can do now to talk Ricky out of it. There ain't nothing, especially, that Dave can say. He thinks Dave is a joke anyway.")." Ethan Skolnick

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-skolnick26jul26,0,5907885.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

This should be an eye opener to all the Wannstedt apologists who argue that the coach is well respected on the team, what they tell publicly while their job is on the line may be completely diffferent from what they really feel.

Yes I know, Ricky is now a villian and who cares what he thinks?....right? Well until last friday he was the star of this team and if he privately thought Wannstedt a joke its certainly should concern everyone about just how this team really feels about this coach.

Keeping Wannstedt around was a MAJOR blunder by the Dolphin organization, and it is only going to get worse! I thought for SURE he'd get canned after they didn't make the playoffs. But, ce la vie.... Everyone in the league knows the situation, except your top brass. Maybe they will realize it now!

:confused:

Why does he think Dave is a joke?

It could be any reason in the world and it may have NOTHING to do with football.

I'd like to hear some clarification from ejs, who is a member here and has clarified things before.

What I don't want hear is speculation from someone who clearly hates Wannstedt.

inFINSible said:
Why does he think Dave is a joke?

It could be any reason in the world and it may have NOTHING to do with football.

I'd like to hear some clarification from ejs, who is a member here and has clarified things before.

What I don't want hear is speculation from someone who clearly hates Wannstedt.
:sosad: Yes, I'm sure you don't, on the other hand the fact that I think Wannstedt is mediocre head coach (I don't hate people I don't know) has nothing to do with the facts presented here, A Veteran Dolphin player says "Ricky thinks Dave is a joke".......just what would you suppose that means? Would you call it a ringing endorsement of his head coach?:roflmao:

That's kinda funny considering Dave gave him a chance and turned him into the star of the franchise.

S E L F I S H.

BlueFin said:
:sosad: Yes, I'm sure you don't, on the other hand the fact that I think Wannstedt is mediocre head coach (I don't hate people I don't know) has nothing to do with the facts presented here, A Veteran Dolphin player says "Ricky thinks Dave is a joke".......just what would you suppose that means? Would you call it a ringing endorsement of his head coach?:roflmao:

No, I wouldn't call it a ringing endorsement nor would I jump to the conclusion that an ambiguous statement from an anonymous player is directly related to Wannstedt as a head coach. Only people who are predisposed to dislike Wannstedt would jump to that conclusion. Other's may consider that perhaps Ricky thinks Dave is a joke because Wannstedt was most transparent in his devotion to the Miami Dolphins over his concern for Ricky's personal well being.

"Rumors"

For all we know Ricky was being misunderstood on some statement.

What he may have said is "Man, I can't believe that risk we just took on so, and so, that dave is joking right?"

to...

Man, I can't belive ... dave is a jok...

so roll around laughing all you want, I really don't care, but I think others are just starting to rub crap in, and considering the frustration we are all going through, I would imagine the weaker minds are trying to blame it on someone, it couldn't be rickys fault.

No, not at all...

Wildbill3 said:

What he may have said is "Man, I can't believe that risk we just took on so, and so, that dave is joking right?"

to...

so roll around laughing all you want, I really don't care, but I think others are just starting to rub crap in, and considering the frustration we are all going through, I would imagine the weaker minds are trying to blame it on someone, it couldn't be rickys fault.

No, not at all...

I can't believe Fiedler hasn't been blamed yet.

inFINSible said:
No, I wouldn't call it a ringing endorsement nor would I jump to the conclusion that an ambiguous statement from an anonymous player is directly related to Wannstedt as a head coach. Only people who are predisposed to dislike Wannstedt would jump to that conclusion. Other's may consider that perhaps Ricky thinks Dave is a joke because Wannstedt was most transparent in his devotion to the Miami Dolphins over his concern for Ricky's personal well being.
Not jumping to conclusions, simply bringing up for a topic of discussion the possibility that some unknown percentage of the team has lost faith in Wannstedt as a head coach, seems to me to be a legitmate talking point since a STARTER on this team according to Skolnick stated that our star running back feels Wannstedt is a joke, and that the last person who could get anywhere trying to talk Ricky out of it would be Wannstedt.

Should this be a taboo subject?

pilotfish said:
Perhaps we should consider Ricky's feeling that Dave's 'a joke' a ringing endorsement...
good point....it must be Dave's dedication to football that Ricky finds so funny.

BlueFin said:
Not jumping to conclusions, simply bringing up for a topic of discussion the possibility that some unknown percentage of the team has lost faith in Wannstedt as a head coach, seems to me to be a legitmate talking point since a STARTER on this team according to Skolnick stated that our star running back feels Wannstedt is a joke, and that the last person who could get anywhere trying to talk Ricky out of it would be Wannstedt.

Should this be a taboo subject?

I didn't say you were jumping to conclusions. I said, I wouldn't.

Wildbill3 said:

to...

No, not at all...
Not trying to rub anything in, this bothers me as much as anybody, nor am I trying to blame anyone except for Ricky because his timing is awful.

I just think the question of whether this coach is leading a team that believes in him is a legitmate question and one that should matter to all Dolphin fans.

you want an explanation?

Sour Grapes, that is all that comment is. And worst of all, it is sour grapes about Ricky from the writer and that starter.

you weren't starting anything productive, looks more like sour grapes on your part also.

That starter for all we know or will ever know, may have been thinking that Ricky had to have thought of wanny as a joke, esp. after all he did for ricky.

This is the Man who spend almost as much on ricky as DA Coach did, this is the guy who did support him and vouch for him no matter what. Ricky couldn't have any respect for him to do this to Wanny.

Heck ricky thinks everything is a joke right now doesn't he? Not just the coach.

Sour Grapes, and it doesn't taste like Wine yet, only whine.

Back
Top Bottom