Ricky Thought Dave Was a Joke? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Thought Dave Was a Joke?

Ricky may think Wanny is a joke. He may think Fiedler is a bum. In both cases I would agree with him but those thoughts dont excuse what he did. In fact it just makes it worse. If Ricky thought so little of his teammates and the fans that supported him in spite of his off field troubles that he would bail at the last minute just to make things tough on his coach then he is even more self centered than I thought. I blame Wanny for being a bad coach, I do not blame him for Ricky being a lousey selfish quitter.

Wildbill3 said:
Sour Grapes, that is all that comment is. And worst of all, it is sour grapes about Ricky from the writer and that starter.

you weren't starting anything productive, looks more like sour grapes on your part also.

That starter for all we know or will ever know, may have been thinking that Ricky had to have thought of wanny as a joke, esp. after all he did for ricky.

This is the Man who spend almost as much on ricky as DA Coach did, this is the guy who did support him and vouch for him no matter what. Ricky couldn't have any respect for him to do this to Wanny.

Heck ricky thinks everything is a joke right now doesn't he? Not just the coach.

Sour Grapes, and it doesn't taste like Wine yet, only whine.
I believe you can appreciate what someone did for you and at the same time privately feel the man is not a good head coach.

Ricky did not publicly make this statement, probably never will out of respect for what Wannstedt did for him, this was a starter on this team revealing what he believed to be Rickys true feelings about Dave.............

yankeehillbilly said:
Ricky may think Wanny is a joke. He may think Fiedler is a bum. In both cases I would agree with him but those thoughts dont excuse what he did. In fact it just makes it worse. If Ricky thought so little of his teammates and the fans that supported him in spite of his off field troubles that he would bail at the last minute just to make things tough on his coach then he is even more self centered than I thought. I blame Wanny for being a bad coach, I do not blame him for Ricky being a lousey selfish quitter.
Never said it excused anything, I agree Ricky is scum for leaving us all hanging one week from training camp, with all the other top free agent running backs now off the market, I just brought it up because it would be interesting to know howmany others on this team honestly feel this way.

rumor

IF this starter knew what ricky's feelings were on anything, then maybe he could have helped his team out and told dave so we could've signed eddie or drafted a rb or something.

I think is just rubbish as an article, after all every dolphins fan is pretty peeved right now, and (myself included) we are all intent on burning some bridges, and saying or reading into things that we normally wouldn't.

As for the way that article puts it, they want you to believe that ricky came out and said it, which is almost what you seemed to infer in the first post, and now, it is supposed to be what a starter thought ricky felt about wanny?

not much to speculate on. More like hearsay and once again, whine.

BlueFin said:
I believe you can appreciate what someone did for you and at the same time privately feel the man is not a good head coach.

Ricky did not publicly make this statement, probably never will out of respect for what Wannstedt did for him, this was a starter on this team revealing what he believed to be Rickys true feelings about Dave.............

I don't believe any unnamed sources, ever. The "starter" needs to grow a pair and let himself be named.

The "writer" needs to stop writing rumors or get backup info. How about asking Ricky? What a novel concept to reporters these days...first hand sources.... Yellow journalism.

BlueFin said:
Again, it seems you are bounding towards judgement. No where does it say that Ricky thinks Dave is a joke because of his coaching abilities.
BlueFin said:
this was a starter on this team revealing what he believed to be Rickys true feelings about Dave.......
Would that be third or fourth hand information.... :hmmm:

inFINSible said:
Again, it seems you are bounding towards judgement. No where does it say that Ricky thinks Dave is a joke because of his coaching abilities.
Would that be third or fourth hand information.... :hmmm:
Hey Skolnick wrote the article, I'm sure the starter in question does not want to be named, he does afterall have to still play for this man, perhaps Skolnick can clear this up somewhat as to whether he got it first hand?

As far as the meaning of the statement I think thats self explanatory.

Well it was also reported that the only player that Ricky befriended was Travis Minor and everyone else he was distant from, maybe the "vet player" quoted and other players took Ricky's feeling towards Dave as another strange weirded out point of view from a guy who isn't your typical every day guy. When the player said "Ricky thinks Dave is a joke" maybe he meant that as RICKY'S opinion not the teams.

Hellion said:
Well it was also reported that the only player that Ricky befriended was Travis Minor and everyone else he was distant from, maybe the "vet player" quoted and other players took Ricky's feeling towards Dave as another strange weirded out point of view from a guy who isn't your typical every day guy. When the player said "Ricky thinks Dave is a joke" maybe he meant that as RICKY'S opinion not the teams.
maybe, and thats a valid point and one certainly worth considering, thank you for addressing the subject. I just thought it was a topic worth discussing as it would seem to me to be very important to the coming season as to whether Wannstedt does still have the team behind him or whether he has lost it.

here's a response, sort of....

I was just surfing this site -- as I occasionally do -- and I noticed that a poster was seeking further explanation.

I'm running off to cover something right now -- I'm not in South Florida and it's not Dolphins-related -- and won't return until tonight, but I wanted to provide some explanation.

People should be accountable, after all....

In short, though: i talked to several players yesterday, on background. It's easier to get honest feelings that way (though I credit Joe Schad for getting Seth McKinney on the record; McKinney's frustration isn't unique among players, I'll say that)..... the person who said the joke thing doesn't have anything against Dave, necessarily, nor is he the only one who told me something like that. I could have used any number of things I was told yesterday... He was just giving his perspective, from his own dealings with Ricky (who wasn't really close to anyone on the team). It wasn't even a large part of our conversation. Let's put it this way: no one thinks Dave can talk Ricky out of this. And I don't really blame Dave for that...... and for that reason, in retrospect, I probably should have been a little more careful, considering it was third-hand and inflammatory. Albeit a third-hand comment I had heard many times before....

Ethan

It's probably the same player that has been quoted by Ethan Skolnick prior to this quote.

With the kind of commitment to the Dolphins that player has.......I'd say he needs to follow Ricky out the door. The player isn't a player at all. He's a cancer.

thanks for clarification

I take it as more like somebody is guessing at someone else's feelings, and using only actions as rational.

It's almost like... I go outside and pee on a tree, ie I must hate trees cause I pee on them. I never said I hate them, but my action says otherwise.

Ricky never said wanny was a joke, but to do this must mean he thinks wanny is a joke.

EJS,

The next time you hear a comment like that I wish you would pose this question to that person..

"Which would you rather have?

1) A team inferior in talent but sold on the method.

2) A team with superior talent that is sold on nothing."

Ricky was right about ONE thing. The person that answers number 2 needs to find something else to do.

BTW did you borrow my line? :D

"one of the most selfish acts in South Florida sports history"

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=549403#post549403

Back
Top Bottom