Ricky Thought Dave Was a Joke? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Thought Dave Was a Joke?

ejs said:
enigmatics, I can't argue with what you're saying. that's why i wrote at the end of my column, about how fans really did embrace his entire persona, not just the way he ran... He disregarded that too easily.... i'll never understand this "I want to be loved for me" thing... isn't it enough that you're loved for something, by so many? if they get to know you, and like what they see and hear, all the better.

That's why I'm offended by Ricky and Dan Le Betard. The irony of the whole situation is that Ricky doesn't let anyone know him in the first place so we're left with only so much to work with. How much more hypocritical is that? "You guys don't love me for me, but I don't ever want to show you!" ..........that's completely ridiculous and Dan Le Retard owes some apologies for calling all the fans out as only loving Ricky the moment he reaches an endzone. What a dope. I wouldn't be surprised if he was basking in a shower of Ricky's sweat after he wrote his piece at the Herald.

Anyone know what Seth McKinney's comments were? I heard he gave an interview and he was royally p'od and said pretty much what we are all saying.

I wish I could tell you exactly where to find them, I've seen them on these boards and I've seen them in the news but, I've seen a lot in the last two days, I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for anything specific.

Acrunch said:
Anyone know what Seth McKinney's comments were? I heard he gave an interview and he was royally p'od and said pretty much what we are all saying.

He pretty much just said, "Let's call it what it is - he quit.........he quit on us, he quit on the team, we're moving on without him." He said he had no respect for it whatsoever.

He wants to be loved for who he is? Truth is, now that the real Ricky is coming to light, he is being despised for who he is. Fact of the matter is, now that the "real" Ricky has emerged, i am glad he is gone. I don't want that type of individual captaining my "football ship" through the next stormy sea, I want someone with a clear head, clear vision, and a sense of pride in himself, his teamates, and the uniform he dons. I'd rather watch the nice kid like travis minor, running his heart out and putting it on the line for his team. Cause you know what, when you need travis to show up for a game, he'll be there with heart pounding!... Now he'll probably hold out for more $$$$...lol

enigmatics said:
Yeah, but you've got people like Blue who are baffling themselves trying to figure out the chicken or the egg theory.
No Enig, I completely blame Ricky Williams for his actions.

The point I was making that came out of the Ethan Skolnick article was that Ricky thought Wannstedt was a joke.

That got me wondering just how many Dolphins feel that way about Wannstedt, and Ethan confirmed that many do...sorry you don't understand the thread.

BlueFin said:
No Enig, I completely blame Ricky Williams for his actions.

The point I was making that came out of the Ethan Skolnick article was that Ricky thought Wannstedt was a joke.

That got me wondering just how many Dolphins feel that way about Wannstedt, and Ethan confirmed that many do...sorry you don't understand the thread.

Actually based upon Section126 recent thread one could gather that Ricky thought the joke was that Dave "cared".

"Ricky was upset at one thing in the off-season....he felt that the Team treated Jamie Nails badly and had told a joke at one of his functions that was a little racially tinged that upset the Front Office. The remark was something to the affect that you are only good to the NFL if you are big black and mean....but Big, black and hurt is worthless. He then remarked that the Dolphins took Jamie Nails out back and shot him......"

Ricky's a piece of s--t, but I certainly can't blame him in thinking Wannschmuck is a joke if that's what he really thinks. As the season progresses, I think we'll find out Ricky isn't the only one who thinks that.

Sour grapes, whine, whatever you call it, as a fin fan, we're allowed to feel that RW is an inconsiderate, selfish a$$ that has lost any respect, as a person and player. Worst of all, he let his teammates down. If he wanted to retire, he should have had the decency to give the fins and his teammates a chance for some better options to replace him. If the fins do not do well this year and DW is fired, it will be because of RW's inconsiderateness (is that a word?). I say this not because of whether or not he should be fired due to his personnel moves, coaching, or management capabilities as it should be. He has an out...Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a DW hater. I feel he has had a combination of things, including bad luck that have affected his perception as a coach/GM. That all being said...I still think that RW needs a serious dose of reality...At 27 yrs old, he WILL have to work somewhere..I personally hope it is not in the NFL. He's had his opportunity...

Everyone knew he had a emotional disorder that required medication.Why was there no effort to ensure he took it.Ricky is displaying classic manic depressive symptons and needs help.One of the symptons of that illness is blaming other people for your problems.Hence the comment made about Dave.Another sympton is the aimless attempt to travel anywhere in an effort to run away from himself.

I am not making excuses for him.He let his team,coaches,fans down.Soon he will realize he let himself down as well.The man needs help.

ZOD said:
Actually based upon Section126 recent thread one could gather that Ricky thought the joke was that Dave "cared".

"Ricky was upset at one thing in the off-season....he felt that the Team treated Jamie Nails badly and had told a joke at one of his functions that was a little racially tinged that upset the Front Office. The remark was something to the affect that you are only good to the NFL if you are big black and mean....but Big, black and hurt is worthless. He then remarked that the Dolphins took Jamie Nails out back and shot him......"
Spin it however you want to spin it........Skolnick said that many on the current roster aren't happy with certain aspects of the way Dave handles his job, to include his conservatism and not trusting the players to perform............Ricky was an A-hole for doing what he did when he did it, but that doesn't change the fact that many players on this team don't agree with Dave's philosophy.........................which was the point of this thread

BlueFin said:
Spin it however you want to spin it........Skolnick said that many on the current roster aren't happy with certain aspects of the way Dave handles his job, to include his conservatism and not trusting the players to perform............Ricky was an A-hole for doing what he did when he did it, but that doesn't change the fact that many players on this team don't agree with Dave's philosophy.........................which was the point of this thread

And maybe that's exactly why we aren't getting the degree of success that everyone wants. Because there are many players on the team who think they know more than the coach and are unwilling to give their full effort to play for the man.

They can disagree all they want but, if it affects how hard they play, then what they are doing is akin to what Ricky is doing, quiting on the coach, their teammates, and the fans.

So if Ricky is an a-hole, so are those that think like him.

inFINSible said:
And maybe that's exactly why we aren't getting the degree of success that everyone wants. Because there are many players on the team who think they know more than the coach and are unwilling to give their full effort to play for the man.

They can disagree all they want but, if it affects how hard they play, then what they are doing is akin to what Ricky is doing, quiting on the coach, their teammates, and the fans.

So if Ricky is an a-hole, so are those that think like him.
To a point I'll agree with you, certainly anybody who's heart is not in it and is just collecting a check is an absolute A-hole.

On the other hand.........its human nature that after years of trying the philosophy of a head coach and seeing no progress a player can mentally lose faith in him, even if he's physically giving it all.

A coaches message can get stale to a team and a change needs to be made.

Back
Top Bottom