Ricky vs john riggins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky vs john riggins

Chisel Monkey said:
TRUE. I'll Never forget hi Torching us in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl!! He was a Machine. .

:fire: If memory serves me right in that game didn't we have a 14-3 half-time lead:confused:
Then Fulton Walker fumbled two consecutive kick-offs in a row for washington scores, which gave them the lead and there fore, the Skins were able to have the luxary to run the ball, control the clock and win the game.
I think walker was cut the next day:lol:

FEELEYgoinDEEP said:
:fire: If memory serves me right in that game didn't we have a 14-3 half-time lead:confused:
Then Fulton Walker fumbled two consecutive kick-offs in a row for washington scores, which gave them the lead and there fore, the Skins were able to have the luxary to run the ball, control the clock and win the game.
I think walker was cut the next day:lol:

I think you need a memory lube job. Fulton Walker was a potential hero, not a goat. He returned a kickoff for a TD in the first half. That was basically our only offense other than the sideline bomb from Woodley to Cefalo early in the first quarter.

I think our lead at halftime was 17-10 or 17-13. I know I screamed at Shula for calling a timeout when Washington had the ball late in the first half. We wanted the ball back but didn't realize this was a different and much more dangerous opponent. We should have just let Washington run the clock out, which was their apparent intention until Shula called time out.

The most significant play was Kim Bokamper merely watching a pass he batted in the air and waiting for it to fall majestically into his hands, instead of aggressively snatching it at highest point. That allowed Theismann to bat the ball away. Otherwise we might have led 24-13 and forced Washington out of its patient game plan. For the life of me I've never understood the criticism of Don McNeal. That play had already managed a first down and Washington was physically chewing us up. I thought the victor was obvious at that point.

dolfan2010 said:
WOw why dont you so called dolphins fans out there think of redskins RB John Riggins. He had a great come back w/ the skins after a yr lay off!!!!!GET REAL!!!!!BE A REAL FAN AND SUPPORT RICKY LIKE OUR COACH SAYS!!!!!!DO YOU REMEMBER THE SUPER BOWL RUN AGAINST US?:goof:

All these new threads are surefire snoozers...........

Well just a week or so go by and RW has added 10lbs. At that current pace he should......be able to surplant Traylor as the tractor weighing in at a whopping 345 lbs. Heck Saban loves his D. Let RW keep adding the weight and play DT.

Come off it guys! He is 205lbs now, that is what Minor is at tops. RW has 3 mos. to add 15-20lbs. Not a problem! RW is back and you CAN take it to the bank!!! I have that crystal ball now and I am keeping it for myself, in a lock box so you can't see it.

It is now stage 2 for all of you going through the stages of grief! Get over the denial and move on past bartering and all the way to acceptance.

ricky williams said:
the only thing that really matters is your family, friends, and being kind to your fellow man and nature. maybe ricky is immature and selfish but i think he generally tries to be a good individual. how many people aren't immature and selfish in american consumer culture would probably be a better question? he screwed up, doesn't he get a second chance. we gave one to laurence phillips and others. is what ricky stands for that horrible. he is a quitter and has called himself a fool. but has says he loves to play the game. i think it's all the drama and ego that comes w/ it that he doesn't like. but once the wistle blows he will once again play like he always played and the competitor will take over. ricky never quit at texas, new orleans, or miami until last year. when he was on the field he never took plays off like moss. he accumalated more carries in 2 years than any running back in the history of the nfl and was ready to come back for more until they took away his stash. don't mess w/ a man's stash.

Doesn't anybody remember RW saying he didn't try as hard in 2003? He admitted it. Several commentators pointed it out. It was evident in his stats (3.3 yards per carry). It was evident in his blocking (poor). Why do so many of you keep claiming he always gave his all on the field?

dominizzo said:
John Riggins is good IMO but not better than Sir Ricky Williams

Talent wise Ricky is better, production wise it's not even close Riggins easily wins that one.

dominizzo said:
John Riggins is good IMO but not better than Sir Ricky Williams

I know you are not serious, right? :confused:

If, and If RW can play for 14 years and maintain the stats, than he can be call a good RB. Yeah, Riggins played for 14 years!

Ricky's going to need time to re-establish himself, he get gassed easily in the Florida @ the start, however that might work to his advantage. He'll be more concerned about coming out of the blocks quick & making the fans think of him the way he played in 2003. He's going to be under the constant scruntiny of the fans, the media, and the competition. His first carry will obviously be a "sport center" highlight for sure! He's going to have to hit paydirt on the first carry & put all of the dis-believers in the past! If he get stuffed, it might be a long road on the comeback trail, in my opinion, he'll silence the non-believers & the critics!!!

This thread is a joke, right? Riggins is in the Hall of Fame. RW had A great year in 2003 and HAD the makings of a pretty good career, but all things considered shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Riggins.

Riggins is 10 times better then ricky...........
clear.gif

fish fan 4 life said:
clear.gif
Im with ya man Art Monk should be in the hall for sure....

I always agreed w/ that until recently I had a debate about Steev Largent compared to Art Monk and looking up Monk's #s he was a compiler not a great WR.

-Monk was only a 3 time Pro Bowler

-Monk led the league in recs once, was top 3 3 times, top 10 a 4th time

-Monk was top 10 in rec yards just 3 times

-Monk was top 10 in rec TDs ONCE(tied for 9th in '91)

-monk's YPC was 13.5

-Monk had 68 TDs in 16 seasons

When undeserving players like Lynn Swann are in then I think Art belongs but the Hall should be reserved for the greatest of all-time and I don't think Art belongs in that group.

Back
Top Bottom