ricky will start..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

Question

Will the 4 game suspension start in the preseason or the regular season ?
Is there a chance he can be lined up against the broncos ?

My father used to tell me that "if" was the biggest word in the dictionary.

While it is only 2 letters, it leaves boundless potential for hope and unfulfilled promises.

Look above, so many posts with "ifs" attached. The only thing that matters is what we know, not what could be. So many of you are banking on the potential of a guy who has repeatedly told the fins through word and deed that he is incapable of being counted on.

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

:roflmao:

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

This theory is wrong IMHO...Linehan will not let Brown sit on the pines and waste that talent...There will be multiple sets with both Brown and Williams, with Williams in the one back set and with Brown in the one back set...Remember that Brown is not only a great runner, but a fantastic reciever. Besides you are assuming that RW can sit out of ball for a year, stop all of his training and just pick up now in May, come back now and be back to his old self...ain't gonna happen...he will not be able to carry the load, especially if he comes back at the start of the season, and will tire quickly. He will also be VERY susceptible to injury in the beginning of this comeback, particularly in TC so he may not even be healthy when the season starts even if he can play...We can't assume or expect to see RW lining up and running the ball 30 times a game. For one thing, Linehan sets up his passing game with the running game, therefore if RW is running well, we'll end up passing that much more !

But my real point is that if you think that RW can be "ready" or back into the same shape he was prior to quitting by the first game....you may be setting yourself up for a dissapointment...sorry...the human body can only do so much...

Oh, Geez...I almost forgot..you are also assuming that HH works major miracles and the OL can block for him or any other skill player...you are assuming that IF the OL blocks well and IF RW is healthy and can play, that AJ or Gus can get the job done too ?? Lots of assumptions there...

Let me get this straight.
A guy who hasn't played football in over a year
A guy who has lost 30lbs of muscle mass
A guy whose mental state is in question
is going to start the beginning of the season.
That isn't a IF that's a dream.No thats a Prayer!

IronChef said:
HANDS DOWN

Here fishy fishy.....

clear.gif

On the first play in camp...when Ricky gets the handoff...I hope the O-Line doesn't block for him (we'll if they play like last season...even if they tried they can't block) and then...I hope Keith Traylor sits on Ricky!!!

Go Fins!!!

you dont know that he will be even close to what he was befor.

no modivation, cus if the team cuts him, he doesnt owe anything (i think), and he hasnt played in a year, not in shape, and lost weight and strength.

they will find that out in training camp.

dont forget his problem with being the center of attention, which he will be all through camp. his teammates will be pissed at him, with some happy hes there, and others not to happy.

i dont think he will ever be the same as he was a few years ago.

the #2 overall pick is not going to sit on the bench for a while when hes the future of the team.

Back
Top Bottom