ricky will start..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

kpcane said:
Teams won't be able to put 8 guys in the box even if ricky goes back to his 1800 yard form. We have so much talent on offense, and if we can get the offensive line to block, this team will be amazing. We had a top 10 defense last year (I think) and they played 2/3 of the game, every game.

You have talent everywhere except QB and OL and those are 2 important areas and don't expect anything rom Ricky. Brown has never played a down in the NFL but I would expect alot more from him than Ricky.

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

Deal with reality, not fantasy football!!!!

I'm sick to death of these immature, pie in the sky Ricky and Dave Boston posts. There's a major reason neither one of these guys have never played for a winner at the pro level.

They're both much more concerned with stuff other than football

We have two players at their positions who are as talented, have played in the last year and aren't the head cases and trouble that RW and DB are.

Get over your fantasy football nonsense. It isn't healthy or realistic.

Ricky WILL start...... a whole new campain of nonsense when he arrives.

yankeehillbilly said:
then you will laugh your nutz off over this one :
I'm sorry but, I can't stop laughing at that. Especially the part where the fames shoot out his mouth......You know the flames shot out becuse he tried to scream....

It probably went something like this, " Aaaaaaah!....(thinking now) Oh ****!!! FIRE CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!....GET TO THE TOILET!!!!"..... :roflmao: :roflmao:

yankeehillbilly said:
then you will laugh your nutz off over this one :

I love that the cameraman doenst try and help his friend, but maintains steady focus throughout :lol:

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

That's ridiculous... think before you call an offense that's never played together (new scheme to nearly every player) "HANDS DOWN" better than established powerhouses, such as the Colts and Chiefs.

I agree that we have a boatload of talent, and great minds (finally) putting it to use, but until we see it, that's a silly statement.

Jaj said:
Brown will start the first four games of the year and most of the year. Brown will start games, Ricky will bowl over Ds in the middle of games as he gets back into football shape, and Brown will finish them in the 4th quarter.

That was the most realistic post I've read in this thread so far... and it gave me chills to think about it happening! :)

Sal Lisitano said:
On the first play in camp...when Ricky gets the handoff...I hope the O-Line doesn't block for him (we'll if they play like last season...even if they tried they can't block) and then...I hope Keith Traylor sits on Ricky!!!

Go Fins!!!

Yeah, when they're 1st and goal, down by 5, and have :03 on the clock... let the defense pour on through, and lose the game... that'd be great! What a wonderful idea!!!

OR, we could just stop acting like spurned lovers and just view him for what he is; a tool to be used for the gain of the Miami Dolphins. Use him for all he's worth, and focus on the ultimate goal... winning.

I'm pretty sure if Ricky shows up to camp..... Saban will take any offer that exists to ship him elsewhere

AirChambers84 said:
I'm pretty sure if Ricky shows up to camp..... Saban will take any offer that exists to ship him elsewhere

That's my guess, I'll be shocked if he actually plays a reg season game for you.

inFINSible said:
I'm sorry but, I can't stop laughing at that. Especially the part where the flames shoot out his mouth......You know, the flames shot out becuse he tried to scream....

It probably went something like this, " Aaaaaaah!....(thinking now) Oh ****!!! FIRE CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!....GET TO THE TOILET!!!!"..... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Me neither! I haven't had a good laugh like that for a while! CLASSIC!

But, back to the thread....

I believe there to be a few pot smokers on the board if they believe ANY TEAM will offer a trade for Ricky THIS year. And, we'd be foolish to trade him.. THIS or NEXT year.

THIS year will offer the most potential to extract a geniune effort from Ricky of any of his remaining years. He has too much to prove to the league. He also needs to get back in the good graces of the league (i.e. coaches, fans and players).

Also, many of you are dillusional if you believe Ricky has anything more than 3rd round compensation potential. I still believe E. James and S. Alexander are with their respective teams after being advertised with 2nd round compensation.

We still need to extract as much worth from Ricky as possible. Remember, 2 1st rounders was paid. And, now, we have another 1st round pick in Brown. Why ship Ricky off to another team and feed Brown to the wolves?

Instead, let's utilize a rededicated Ricky for as many years AT A DISCOUNTED salary to help ease Brown into a FULL TIME starter's roll. You know... that thing he doesn't have much experience at...... and don't forget.. this is the NFL. A league full of teams with overweight and underfed linemen just waiting to plant a Ronnie Brown tree in the ground.

Not too mention, I'm sure athletically, Ricky could teach Brown a few things.

As far as the haters proclaiming Ricky to NOT be a great back.... I don't recall many haters when Ricky was tearing up NFL defenses just a short time ago. I'm sure with Miami's illustrious history of a Dominant Run Game (???), we have a few STUD RBs just laying around collecting dust. :shakeno:

Ricky brought a running game to Miami, not Gordon or Morris or Minor or KJ Harris or Cecil Collins or Abdul-Jabbar or J Johnson or shall I go on?

How many RBs have you seen amass 587 yards in 3 games during your LIFETIME? And, with our OLine while he was here... I can assure you, it was his TALENT that got a lot of the yards.

Now, a smart coach might realize just how precarious Ricky's foothold is in the league. ESPECIALLY with the current heat on the Big 4 sports placed by the government on drug usage. And, given his talent AND health (no tendon damage or major injuries - broken bones are stronger when mended), he would be the perfect "warm body" to help ease your newly drafted Franchise RB into a starters roll. Ricky provides a great 1 - 2 punch while saving VALUABLE miles on the UPS truck. Factor in the probability Ricky will probably accept a renogiated contract as part of his return (at some point).... and you have a golden opportunity.

Meanwhile, other teams have NO leverage with Ricky and KNOW IT. WE DO.

While trying to figure out a way to rid yourself of a perfectly great athlete, let's try to grasp the totality of what Ricky offers this team for "4,000" more yards. He could give us 2 - 3 years of cheap and productive contributions.

So, how many miles do you want on your UPS truck in 5 years?

8,000 or 5,000?

He'll still be under warranty and might even pull into the shop without a scratch on him. Think wisely before you discard Ricky as a "useless" athlete.

Back
Top Bottom