ricky will start..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

Even if RW comes back, the first game he could play in would be week 6

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

First off, Rickly only had 1 great year('02). His other years were mediocre including his 2nd year in Miami. Secondly, he is coming back why? for the $ he would be losing. He has no desire to play anymore he just wants to collect a check. I am very happy if he plays for you, I think he'll do alot more harm than good.

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

Whew! Glad that's settled. Thanks. BTW, you should let Saban know of your decision before TC starts.

rickysux said:
i hate to say it but if ricky is right mentaly and physicaly i think he is better than brown but will ricky be the old ricky?

Dude I have to agree with you entirely. I am afraid that Ricky will be a better back than Brown if his head is in the right place.

No he won't! He'll be rusty/not in football shape ie.hasn't taken a hit in over a year. Also, Ronnie is the cornerstone of the future, not Ricky. He is solely depth, diversity, and future draft pick bait.

nyjunc said:
First off, Rickly only had 1 great year('02). His other years were mediocre including his 2nd year in Miami. Secondly, he is coming back why? for the $ he would be losing. He has no desire to play anymore he just wants to collect a check. I am very happy if he plays for you, I think he'll do alot more harm than good.

:yeahthat:

but if they had a 0-line and wern't one dimentional ricky would have had SEVERAL more yards. :deadhorse

but the rest i completly agree.

BenchFiedler said:
First of all, last year the NFL was willing to cut Ricky a deal....But now, they know what's going on with Ricky and they will be extremely severe and impose the maximum fine/sanction/suspension..Ricky will have to serve his 4-game suspension, then probably get tested for marijuana every week which won't be a problem since he doesn't smoke anymore and smoking is bad for his astro-body...

Don't be too sure on the suspension. The NFL under Tagliabue cuts HUGE slack for SuperStars(tm) to the point that it is disgusting. It wouldn't surprise me to see them find some excuse as to why his 4 week suspension has already been served. I could be wrong, and right now, the facts and common wisdom says otherwise, but it wouldn't surprise me for it to happen.

Agua said:
Don't be too sure on the suspension. The NFL under Tagliabue cuts HUGE slack for SuperStars(tm) to the point that it is disgusting. It wouldn't surprise me to see them find some excuse as to why his 4 week suspension has already been served. I could be wrong, and right now, the facts and common wisdom says otherwise, but it wouldn't surprise me for it to happen.

Sorry, buddy, but with all of the negative drug press the NFL has had to deal with lately (see Roidanowski and The Whizzinator), waiving the four-game suspension would be a PR nightmare for the league -- especially if it ******ed the development of Ronnie Brown, the type of superstar the league really wants.

The four-game suspension will stand.

Oh please ... I can't believe the auto-filter sometimes:

1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment

Hey, I WISH they'd ban him from ever playing again; I'm not advocating it. I'm saying that it wouldn't SURPRISE me if it did happen. Look at TO and the SF to Baltimore / Philly thing - Eli Manning to SD to NYG ... The NFL is a good ole boy club. What you say will certainly weigh in the balance, but I'm saying don't be surprised if they find some chicken-$hit reason to explain that he's already served the suspension.

Teams won't be able to put 8 guys in the box even if ricky goes back to his 1800 yard form. We have so much talent on offense, and if we can get the offensive line to block, this team will be amazing. We had a top 10 defense last year (I think) and they played 2/3 of the game, every game.

Agua said:

personally I think that since he had turned down the nfl a couple of times before about suspension and coming back. I am sure they will make an example of him and make the 4 game thing stick.

kingnate85 said:
I love that video, I think it's hilarious!

then you will laugh your nutz off over this one :

fint0xicated said:
This is the only thing worth seeing in that crap site....

clear.gif

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom