rickys first day in training camp | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rickys first day in training camp

As far as this goes, IMO in Saban I trust. I'm pretty sure the man isn't brining RW back unless he has a plan A, B, C etc. etc. depending on what happens during the course of this whole thing playing itself out.

I'm sure Saban does NOT want to torpedo his first season with RW craziness. In fact, I am sure that if anyone wants that, it's the AFCE teams and their fans who know if RW comes back with even 50% of the talent he had before it'll be a problem for them.

SQuinn17 said:
When our fins get strapped up, i wanna see ricky get cleaned just once. I think Jason or Zach will try extra hard to put a nice hit on him before all the hard feelings are dropped. Just my opinion..

just once?! i hope ricky gets "cleaned" all the way to the injured reserve. then i just might be happy with him back on the team.

FuturePhin said:
You guys have alot of faith in JT and Zach getting a good "hit" on him. Ricky especially when pissed off is really hard to bring down. I would have to think that Ricky would put those two on the ground first!..lol
Ricky wasn't all that hard to bring down in our last season with him when he averaged just over a whopping 3 yards per carry.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Ricky wasn't all that hard to bring down in our last season with him when he averaged just over a whopping 3 yards per carry.
3.8 And to be fair, it's hard to run when your linemen are on top of you a second after the snap.

TarHeelFinFan said:

you can question his character all you want, but he still has talent and made the most of it with that putrid o-line.

popularwar said:
3.8 And to be fair, it's hard to run when your linemen are on top of you a second after the snap.

10 Ricky Williams-1372 yrds 392 att 3.5 avg 9 tds 45 long
11 Travis Henry-1356 yrds 331 att 4.1 avg 10 tds 64 long

Travis had better numbers, and our O-line was horrid. Not as good as you might like to think, and he was at normal playing wieght, now he is 35#s lighter.

Source

You guys need to add copy/paste options... linking sources is a pain.

MelbournePhin said:
you can question his character all you want, but he still has talent and made the most of it with that putrid o-line.

Charachter plays hell in a locker room. One person with poor charachter can destroy championships.

sandt38 said:

Travis had better numbers. Not as good as you might like to think, and he was at normal playing wieght, now he is 35#s lighter.

Source

hey buddy, did you notice the massive defeciencies that plagued our o line? wtf does travis henry have to do with this. ricky was still a better back that year

sandt38 said:

Travis had better numbers. Not as good as you might like to think, and he was at normal playing wieght, now he is 35#s lighter.

Source

since when did this thread have anything to do with Travis Henry?

sandt38 said:
Charachter plays hell in a locker room. One person with poor charachter can destroy championships.

where are you going with your argument? i was merely pointing out that ricky made the best of the situation with the o-line and offensive philosphy that he was faced with. dont go off on tangents man

After Zach and Jason sandwich him, I hope Traylor falls on him with his smelly a%# on Ricky's head! Then they can forgive him.

SQuinn17 said:
When our fins get strapped up, i wanna see ricky get cleaned just once. I think Jason or Zach will try extra hard to put a nice hit on him before all the hard feelings are dropped. Just my opinion..
Dream on. Jason and Zach are both long veterans and a little too professional then that. Now if it was only their 2nd year in the league, they might be immature enough.

MelbournePhin said:
hey buddy, did you notice the massive defeciencies that plagued our o line? wtf does travis henry have to do with this. ricky was still a better back that year

Have you noticed how horrid our o-line was? I was pointing out that Ricky wasn't that great, and used the guy right below him as an example. Note standings #. Also I felt it would be a great way to display how TH was in a less than optimal situation for making many running plays. I'll elaborate...

At 6-10 that year (Bills) compared to 10-6 (Miami) I want you to tell me who had the worse line and who was the better back that year? It is terribly evident TH was in a worse situation for a running back (usually on the losing end, teams pass... not run).

I didn't think I would need to spell out how the game is played, but apparently you need it spelled out to you. I came here to talk football, not get the high and holy from someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

sandt38 said:
Have you noticed how horrid our o-line was? I was pointing out that Ricky wasn't that great, and used the guy right below him as an example. Note standings #. Also I felt it would be a great way to display how TH was in a less than optimal situation for making many running plays. I'll elaborate...

At 6-10 that year (Bills) compared to 10-6 (Miami) I want you to tell me who had the worse line and who was the better back that year? It is terribly evident TH was in a worse situation for a running back (usually on the losing end, teams pass... not run).

I didn't think I would need to spell out how the game is played, but apparently you need it spelled out to you. I came here to talk football, not get the high and holy from someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

you just came here to stir the pot. this thread has zero to do with the bills or travis henry. it doesnt take a "high and holy" one to realize that. I know what I am talking about and really could care less of your opinion. have a nice day, god.

MelbournePhin said:
you just came here to stir the pot. this thread has zero to do with the bills or travis henry. it doesnt take a "high and holy" one to realize that. I know what I am talking about and really could care less of your opinion. have a nice day, god.

Actually, I am a contributing member at many teams forums (and actually well liked/respected at some with mature readership), and assure you I am not here to stir the pot. I saw an error, pointed it out, and used another example of a "lesser back" to prove why he wasn't all that. Would you prefer I use Curtis Martin #12, Edgerin James #13, or Tiki Barber#14 with 4.0, 4.1, 4.4 yards average respectively?

If you are blinded by the fact that I am a Bills fan and fail to see I contribute as a football fan, that is your loss. I am not a troll, but I am a football fan here to talk football with people who are fans of the sport, not blind followers of one team.

Back
Top Bottom