Rizzi Meeting With The Packers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rizzi Meeting With The Packers

we handed that situation in a poor manner. Interviewing him and then hours later revealing Flores was the choice anyways. He deserved a fair shot like the other candidates.

It's tough him because he feels like he can be a head coach, bit the market for him and his ST peers is just an afterthought as candidates.

If he leaves I wish him nothing but the best in his career.

It's a shame there is no way to promote him since he already has the AHC and ST title. He's prob not ready to be a coordinator, so I don't know what else you can offer him besides more money to get him to stay. Ross should offer to double his salary to keep him however. The least we could do for him.

‘Insiders’ on the board or in the media?

NFL reporters. I recall specifically that Ian Rapoport said on Friday afternoon that the Dolphins had narrowed it down to two candidates: Richard and Flores. Another reporter said that same evening that Rizzi was told he wasn't going to get the job. I don't remember which reporter it was. Might have been Beasley?

we handed that situation in a poor manner. Interviewing him and then hours later revealing Flores was the choice anyways. He deserved a fair shot like the other candidates.

It's tough him because he feels like he can be a head coach, bit the market for him and his ST peers is just an afterthought as candidates.

Finding out hours later you didn't get the job is far from poor. He knew he was a long shot anyway.

After Ross and Grier met with the press and made it clear they are looking to make a break with the past, every coach still under contract had to know they were part of what was being talked about. Let's all ignore the irony of Grier leading that conversation, but in the immortal words of the highlander "there can only be one".

Rizzi knew his interview for the HC job was a long shot, almost 100% dependent on all the other interviews being very, very disappointing. The fact that he's moving on is also almost 100% a safe bet, especially without the new HC being under contract to reassure him he is wanted and valued. Only way he would have stayed without checking out his value on the open market under these condition would have required both Grier and Ross telling him that he's a requirement for the new HC and giving him a substantial raise -- without that in hand, he would have to be an idiot to not checkout other opportunities because his new boss might only want to be his new boss for a minute or two not to mention it would scream he wasn't alpha enough for that HC job in the first place.

Except the team has never "revealed" Flores is the choice.

Not then, not now.

Can't blame him. There is no guarantee that Flores will keep him. Not fair for him to wait around and miss out on other opportunities while we sit and wait for the Pats to lose. I'm sure he and Flores will speak at some point, but he needs a job next year. Love to keep him, but I can't blame him if he goes.

Front office should have explained to Rizzi - hey we are going with Flores- we want you here as ST coach - here is a raise and extension. You don’t have to relocate etc.
It’s possible they did all this.

This was inevitable. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. The classic Dolphin Way - Subtraction By Addition.

Back
Top Bottom