Ronnie bashers, remember when...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie bashers, remember when......

MiggeMadness said:
so if you seem to know what a team needs to get out of a draft, why aren't you making the choices for an NFL team?

you think Ronnie should be coming in and putting up numbers like 130 yards in every game right away? that would be outstanding. how many 1st round draft picks come in and make an outstanding impact on their team in the first few games? Cadillac, there's 1.....

give me the names of the first round picks that have made at least twice the impact that Ronnie has. the fact is, teams aren't going to draft somebody just because they know they'll do good for a year or so. you need to be looking long-term.

That is why you go with the best available at the pick. In your opinion Ronnie was the 2nd best football player in the nation last year. I disagree. That is all. I might be proven wrong in the long run, but in all honesty history is on my side. I believe we should have done was Billichick does, get the most amount of good football players on your team. The great ones are always a surprise. The more picks you have, the more intelligently you pick with those ooportunities the better team you will be. Picking Ronnie at # 2 set us back in that we could have gotten 2 quality football players (regardless of position) versus 1 reach.

if i remember right, weren't we trying to trade down. there weren't good enough players in the draft for any teams to want to trade up for our #2 pick......great suggestion though.....

or should we have trade down for a couple 4th round picks.....

MiggeMadness said:
so RLMIAMI, since Ronnie was such a bad choice, how about you toss out a few other ones. i already asked you to name some 1st round players that have had at least twice as much impact as Ronnie has. since Ronnie's performance is so bad in your eyes, any player that hasn't impacted their team at least twice as much as Ronnie can't be good.

or how about names of draft picks that are NFL ready. and as i said before, leave Caddy out of it, we all know he's doing great, that's 1 so far....

OK
Demarcus Ware
Caddy (obvious)
Antrelle Rolle
Shawne Merriman
Derrick Johnson

Those obviously would be trade downs but as you can see there are comparable talent level players that are more NFL ready than Ronnie. Notice the majority are in defense but that is usually the case. Defensive players acclamate themselves quicker than offensive players.. Regardless this argument is getting old, lets see what the rook does next week and talk then I've got bills to pay

RLMIAMI said:
A work in progress does not justify a #2 pick selection no matter how "talented" a player may be.. You need to select a player that not only is ready to play but at the RB position you need someone who will be at the very least very good. Ronnie is neither..

Are you still posting about this? Why? Ronnie gets more intelligent supportive posts from the Jets fans than he does from you. What part of any of your arguments still holds any water?

MiggeMadness said:
if i remember right, weren't we trying to trade down. there weren't good enough players in the draft for any teams to want to trade up for our #2 pick......great suggestion though.....

or should we have trade down for a couple 4th round picks.....

My point exactly. If no one wants Ronnie and believe there are teams who need RB more than us (Ricky had said he would be back by then) then trade down in this year's draft and get pick's for next year's draft. You can trade down and get 1 pick in the 1st this year and 1 next year with a 3rd or 4th to offset..

Ohio Fanatic said:
Are you still posting about this? Why? Ronnie gets more intelligent supportive posts from the Jets fans than he does from you. What part of any of your arguments still holds any water?

The fact that Ronnie is a bad pick at #2 and you can;t seem to understand that.

RLMIAMI said:
My point exactly. If no one wants Ronnie and believe there are teams who need RB more than us (Ricky had said he would be back by then) then trade down in this year's draft and get pick's for next year's draft. You can trade down and get 1 pick in the 1st this year and 1 next year with a 3rd or 4th to offset..

This post makes it official.

RLMIAMI said:
OK
Demarcus Ware
Caddy (obvious)
Antrelle Rolle
Shawne Merriman
Derrick Johnson

Those obviously would be trade downs but as you can see there are comparable talent level players that are more NFL ready than Ronnie. Notice the majority are in defense but that is usually the case. Defensive players acclamate themselves quicker than offensive players.. Regardless this argument is getting old, lets see what the rook does next week and talk then I've got bills to pay

:shakeno: I roll my eyes at you a second time (french-Monty Python accent). By your logic, the titans never should have drafted Steve McNair (took his team to the superbowl). it took 3 years for Ricky to develop into a world class RB. You have one rookie offensive player on your list. So if Caddy only gets 50 yds/game the next 3 games, he must be a bust, and not ready to play in the NFL right? Conversely, if Ronnie get 100 yds, next 2 games, then he was ready for the NFL, and again, your arguments are invalid (and naive).

RLMIAMI said:

No, the fact is, you don't understand the NFL or the way the draft works very well. Sorry guy, just speaking the truth.. You got some serious catching up to do.

RLMIAMI said:

i'm also still wondering why you aren't being paid by an NFL team to go out and find talent for them. you seem to know what everybody should do and what everybody is worth.

Mcduffie81 said:
RLMIAMI :grouplaug
Quit being a complainer and a know-it-all. Your the type of fan noone wants...including the Miami Dolphin players. You act as if the draft is an exact science and use hindsight to try and prove your points. Stop criticizing and watch him develope for more than 3 weeks before you come to your own dumb conclusions.

(Although you do have a right to open your mouth and look like an idiot unfortunatly. ) :(

Amen to that :lol:

RLMIAMI said:

And you can't seem to understand that you're utterly mistaken about that!...Ronnie was not a bad pick at #2 and there were no other options available anyway that made any sense for the Miami Dolphins...Give it up man...You lose!

RLMIAMI said:

Again, you're wrong. Name 1 team in the NFL that needed a RB worse than us? Ricky DID NOT say he would be back by then.

And another point, at no time in my 20 years as an NFL fan can I recall such a large amount of stud RB's in the NFL. How many teams needed a stud RB, that didn't have at least a very good RB? answer: four teams, that's it.
Miami - drafted one
Chicago - drafted one
Tampa - drafted one
Arizona - drafted one (and he's not even 2nd string now)

There are a couple of teams like Cleveland Pittsburgh and Denver that have very good RB by committee's and a team like Green Bay that needs a replacement for old Ahman Green (but they have Davenport).

Every other team has a stud RB.
McGahee, C Martin, Dillon, J Lewis, R Johnson, D Davis, F Taylor, Edge, Chris Brown, P Holmes, L Jordan, L Tomlinson, J Jones, T Barber, Westbrook, Portis, K JOnes, Packers, Moore/Bennett, Dunn/Duckett, Davis/Foster, McCallister, Barlow, Alexander, and S Jackson.

That's why Edge and S Alexander couldn't even get a bite on the market for a trade. That's why yet again your argument holds no weight, why yet again I roll my eyes at you.:shakeno:

Ohio Fanatic said:
:shakeno: I roll my eyes at you a second time (french-Monty Python accent). By your logic, the titans never should have drafted Steve McNair (took his team to the superbowl). it took 3 years for Ricky to develop into a world class RB. You have one rookie offensive player on your list. So if Caddy only gets 50 yds/game the next 3 games, he must be a bust, and not ready to play in the NFL right? Conversely, if Ronnie get 100 yds, next 2 games, then he was ready for the NFL, and again, your arguments are invalid (and naive).

None of those were never classified as not NFL ready

Back
Top Bottom