Ronnie Brown: Measurables vs. Intangibles | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown: Measurables vs. Intangibles

I have seen all 3 rb's run. I like all 3. I admit that Brown and Caddy will probably fit Linehan's sheme better, but if Saban decides to trade down (around 6 or 7th) and pick up an extra 2nd rd I would not be too upset with Benson. I believe that he could learn our system, where he would improve his pass catching and blocking.
If we get a 2nd rd for Surtain we could end up with a 1st rd (around 7th overall) and 2 2nd rd. Remember Saban has said he want draft picks, so dont discount trading down!

PHINSfan said:
I have seen all 3 rb's run. I like all 3. I admit that Brown and Caddy will probably fit Linehan's sheme better, but if Saban decides to trade down (around 6 or 7th) and pick up an extra 2nd rd I would not be too upset with Benson. I believe that he could learn our system, where he would improve his pass catching and blocking.
If we get a 2nd rd for Surtain we could end up with a 1st rd (around 7th overall) and 2 2nd rd. Remember Saban has said he want draft picks, so dont discount trading down!

I'll tell you what? If Saban can somehow trade down and remain in the top ten, I think he could very well land one of the top 3 runners, and quite frankly I would be elated!!!

Ozzy, I liked what you posted about Ronnie choosing a lane, I hated last year in Gordon's start against the Bengals how he never picked a lane and just stopped and started all over the place and always got taken down behind the LOS, if he picked a lane he could have at least thundered into it with his good speed and 230 pound frame to get back to the LOS and gain a yard or two. You changed my mind a little bit but I still hope we can trade down inside the top 10 and get Caddy there.

Why are you guys worried? You really think you have the drop on Saban? Whatever Saban does, the team will be better the next three years. And,

1. Brown was very productive - given that he shared time with another top 10 back. When he DID get to play full games at RB he was fine. He gained over 1000 yards in about 6 starts one year. He's more than just combine #'s.

2. If Brown is not the talent many think, Saban will figure that out and bypass him.

3. If Saban gets his "'drothers" he'll be trading down - as a result either we will miss out on Brown or get to draft him later in round 1.

The sky is not falling. Repeat - concerns that the sky is falling are premature. :D

Ozzy said:
I'll tell you what? If Saban can somehow trade down and remain in the top ten, I think he could very well land one of the top 3 runners, and quite frankly I would be elated!!!

I agree completely. He could drop to #7 or #8 and still get a RB. One reason I see this is that teams that trade up for him will do so, in all likelyhood, to select someone other than a RB (more likely WR/QB). I'm crossing my fingers we'll be able to trade down - b/c we need the picks.

inFINSible said:
Can you explain why Brown had more runs of over 40 yards than Caddy...4-0?

i think its because brown was in on more passing situatoins... caddy was the 1st down 2nd down back, brown was in on mostly 3rd downs 2nd and longs and **** like that... he ran against defenses gearing to stop the pass, while when caddy was in he ran on defenses gearing to stop the run...

yes not all the time, and this is just a theory, i have nothing to back it up, dont get on my case about it... this is why i said i THINK in the beginning, its the 3rd down back syndrome who averages more yards per than the starter because of the situations and defenses when he runs the ball...

Back
Top Bottom