Ronnie Brown will not gain 1K yrds | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown will not gain 1K yrds

trollnofeed-1.jpg

Let me clarify. He won't be bad I just don't think he will live up to a high round choice. And I did watch him at Auburn, and he was a good player but he's not a superstar. Can we afford to give a $15M signing bonus to an average player? No.

Next question is who else could we have taken?

fins_rock said:
Thanks Themajster! Your future does not look good. Ronnie Brown hasn't done anything and will either get hurt, be the next Jaris McPhail, or be average. He's not that good. He runs a fast 40 and can catch. So does Chambers and did he break 1,000 yrds for us.

Yeah Chambers has been horrible :shakeno: It is stupid to say Ronnie Brown has done nothing, Benson and Caddy have done nothing in the NFL also. And Ronnie Brown was highly rated before his 40 so you are simply foolish. How are you a dolphins fan when you are seemingly rooting against them

To begin with 1000 yards is no longer a good benchmark. It amounts to 62 yards a game. When the season was 14 games it was a good barometer. When the season was twelve it was a great barometer. Nowadays 1250 is the minimum barometer and I personally view 1500 as the benchmark.

Second you might be right that he doesn't gain 1000 yards but it won't be because of the offensive line or A.J. Feeley. He might not break that barrier because of injury or Scott Linehan's offensive game plans. I still need to see if we will use Brown consistently or rotate him with the other backs. Lamar Gordan - Ricky Williams?. Personally barring Ricky Williams coming back and being effective I would be surprised if Brown isn't in the backfield at least 75% of the time but I can't be sure until I see what our offensive philosophy is.

The reason the offensive line and Feeley will not be the problem is they both have another year under their belt. Football is a game not made for rookies. Having five new starters on our offensive line last year guaranteed their performance. As the season progressed they improved. Everybody saw it. The improvement will continue with Houck who is probably the best offensive line coach in the game.

The same learning curve was had by Feeley. He will have to grasp his third offense in three years but it will come to him easier this year and he should be dramatically improved.

In summation, wait until at last one game is played before predictions are made.

fins_rock said:
Let me clarify. He won't be bad I just don't think he will live up to a high round choice. And I did watch him at Auburn, and he was a good player but he's not a superstar. Can we afford to give a $15M signing bonus to an average player? No.

Next question is who else could we have taken?
No that's not the next question. THat question has been answered and we took Ronnie not Braylon or Caddy or Benson. THe next question is when will you learn to live with it and give him a chance before you cast doubts about his ability?

fins_rock said:
Ronnie Brown will not gain over 1,000 yrds. He has been hyped up because of his combine #'s. When the games count behind our O-line, with our QB(s), he will gain between 600-800 yrds(if healthy). Be thankful Ricky is coming back in 4 games. Ronnie will not live up to the hype. He is not the pure runner that caddy and Benson are, and will not show the production.

clear.gif

I actually semi-agree. Ronnie Brown will not gain 1,000 yrds rushing in his 1st year here. However I think Ronnie will have around 900 yrds rushing 12 TD's 549 yrds recieving 4 TD's.

Ronnie Brown can gain 1,000 yards even if he does split carries with the pothead but he Ricky will be traded so Brown will tear it up

I think some people will learn to apreciate Brown when he is blocking a defensive player from running over Feeley. Brown can catch, run, and block the all around back if he produces 900 yards running 500 or 600 yards recieving he is worth the money I dont think Saban wants to coach a bunch of superstars just team players that work hard at all aspects of the game.

OK U COMPARED A RECIEVER TO A RUNNINGBACK IN YARDS YOU IDIOT

OK lets say he gets 20 carries a game that is 320 carries in a season. so your telling me he wont avg over 3.125 yards a carry to be exact. I think you should actually use your brain before you make another post.:confused:

Noodle Arm said:
Way to piss on everyone's happy parade. :monkeyl:

Wait a sec! Shouldn't you be on the Jets boards now? :tongue: I kid, heck I am probably late with that joke as well. :mad: Proabably a few months late. :lol:

Okay, I dug my own grave on that one.

:goodnight

DolfanInSoCal said:
I think the words "will not" and "definitely will" should be banned from being used on what players will do this year...WE DONT KNOW!

You have the greatest sig ever. Just too bad it's against the TOS. But hey, I got to see it!! :D

byroan said:
You have the greatest sig ever. Just too bad it's against the TOS. But hey, I got to see it!! :D

/signed

byroan said:

Agreed. Is it Britney Spears? I looked at the URL and it said Britneyflash. Sucks if it is...I hate her so much *shakes fist*

Back
Top Bottom