Ronnie vs. Caddy 2006 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie vs. Caddy 2006

zonk4ever said:
you gotta have the blocking, blocking, blocking, blocking. Ask Edgerrin, Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander this year! :D

Which begs the question.....

Does a RB have to have the ability to 'make something out of nothing' to be an elite back? The answer: Of course not, the only RB that I have ever seen to 'make something out of nothing' on a frequent basis was Barry Sanders. The OL can make or break a RB; I'm not sure any RB can have success behind that Arizona OL.

Breed said:
Which begs the question.....

Does a RB have to have the ability to 'make something out of nothing' to be an elite back? The answer: Of course not, the only RB that I have ever seen to 'make something out of nothing' on a frequent basis was Barry Sanders. The OL can make or break a RB; I'm not sure any RB can have success behind that Arizona OL.

Our oline is worse than Arizona's. AZ was just playing Chicago's defense. Watch how bad our oline gets dominated when we play the Bears in a couple of weeks...

Mr. Reality said:
If anyone comes into this post and uses the Bucs O-LINE as an excuse, they lose all credability.

I think Caddy and Ronnie are both excellent backs. The Olines for both teams suck. The problem with CW isn't the oline though, its the way Gruden's sorry arse call's games. (I kind of like it since I'm not a Bucs fan). He wants to throw the ball, so he gets himself out of running the football, even when CW is running the ball very well.

In some sense, its the same with Ronnie. We don't run him enough, but right now I am ok with it. No need to waste him this year. Let Sammy get those carries...Running backs are like TVs..they only last for so many hours. We'll need Ronnie if we ever get a team where he can even matter. Ronnie reminds me in size and style anyway of Stephen Davis, another Auburn alum, who really didn't get going until about his fourth or fifth year. Hopefully, he'll get much better in the next two seasons.

As for Cadillac's longevity, I am not sure. Hes a small guy (Ive met him); he isn't built to take a beating. But hes got talent for sure, and he plays with an attitude. I wish Ronnie would have more of that (though I do give Ronnie a small edge on being better).

Vertical Limit said:
I think there's a high possibility that he will be one of the best in the future.

Tiki Barber, Shawn Alexander, Larry Johnson - each of them had slow starts in their first seasons compared to Ronnie Brown.

Difference between Ronnie Brown and them, Ronnie has much more gifted tools than they do [ability to block, catch on the slot, etc..].

I wouldn't go there. Hes not more physically gifted than those guys. Hes very similar to S. Alexander. Hopefully, one day, he sets an NFL record for TDs. He seems to be very good down inside the three yard line. Thats a huge plus.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I wouldn't go there. Hes not more physically gifted than those guys. Hes very similar to S. Alexander. Hopefully, one day, he sets an NFL record for TDs. He seems to be very good down inside the three yard line. Thats a huge plus.

you are right, he does run hard every play

what i like about ronnie is, that he makes his own yards, he has had to do lots of that this year, i mean he runs people over fights for gains, i really liked the run against the jets last week, where he kept his legs moving and moved the pile an addition 5 or 6 yards

plus ronnie is a big threat catching the ball like tiki barber is

yes go Ronnie I knew he was better than Caddy.

Finole said:
Ronnie Brown
107 carries for 405 yards and 4 TDs
20 receptions for 153 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 558 yards

Cadillac Williams
81 carries for 312 yards and 1 TD
13 receptions for 65 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 377 yards

And just for good measure...

Cedric Benson
47 carries for 148 yards and 2 TDs
4 receptions for 25 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 173 yards

Frank Gore
112 carries for 520 yards 3TDs
24 receptions for 202 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 722 yards

and he wasn't even a first round pick but he was from the same draft class.

KingCrowder said:
Frank Gore
112 carries for 520 yards 3TDs
24 receptions for 202 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 722 yards

and he wasn't even a first round pick but he was from the same draft class.

Gore - 4 fumbles lost. I think he will be a great back though.

Gore is talented... but his knees need to hold up.

Also, the guy is as dumb as a rock. My boy went to High School with him. On his High School team, the QB would call the play in the huddle, and then have to go up to Gore and say "run to the right"...

The problem though is Tampa Bay, San Francisco, and us all have losing records. Yet... Cedric Benson doesn't even start but Chicago has a 6-0 record. Infact of the top 10 draft picks that year with the exceptions of Chicago and Minnesota all have losing records. Could it be those teams picked so high because they weren't good teams and needed to rebuild? Perhaps. Minnesota is lucky to over .500 and while Chicago has showed 5 straight weeks in a row that they can be a GREAT TEAM until Monday's fiasco that ARI let them off hook... but they are still in 6-0. Yes, I went a bit off topic but it's still to early to tell who's the best running back. Cedric Benson still hasn't even gotten his chance and Frank Gore just got his chance this season to start and he's 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards. Also, I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Marion Barber. He already has 4 TD's in 5 games a 5 yards per carry average. I feel he was a steal in the 4th and has the qualities to be a feature back, given the chance. I do think Ronnie was the best pick considering the spot we were stuck in but I still wish we could've traded down and maybe gotten a Shawn Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, or even Derrick Johnson in the first round and maybe pick up a Frank Gore or Marion Barber in the 3rd or 4th. But what's done is done, considering the O-line Ronnie has to work with I think he has been doing pretty good. Hopefully his performance against the Jets last Sunday is only a small glimpse of what's to come.

FinNasty said:
Gore is talented... but his knees need to hold up.

Also, the guy is as dumb as a rock. My boy went to High School with him. On his High School team, the QB would call the play in the huddle, and then have to go up to Gore and say "run to the right"...
Yup. That's true. Frank Gore is dumb as hell, atleast one of the lesser IQ's in the NFL. My friend met him and knew him too. How he went through high school is a huge mystery. He sounds like he would fail kindergarten language arts. The guy has no written nor vocal skill. You have a better chance communicating with sea animals than with Gore.

The 49er's offensive line is filled with good underrated athletes, plus they have Larry Allen. Though he isn't what he used to be, he still is better than anyone we have on our offensive line.

1334 said:
why does it matter who is better this year??? He is our back. The other guys aren't!

That's the whole purpose of these things called "forums", to discuss things like this...

I know one thing is for sure, 2005's #4 overall pick, Cedric Bensen, sure isn't better than Ronnie or Cadillac. Good thing Saban didn't draft him. Most people on this board would definitely be calling him a complete BUST, he doesn't deserve the money, and he should be traded, etc.

They aren't playing him much at all this year ... that's kind of rare for a 2nd year running back ... especially for a #4 pick. What is the deal with these draft picks from Univ. of Texas anyway? They haven't been turning out as well in the NFL as they used to.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/406400

Back
Top Bottom