Ronnie vs. Caddy 2006 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie vs. Caddy 2006

I still think Ronnie and Caddy are very close. I haven't seen enough of Caddy to decide.

From the limiting amount that I have seen it looks as Caddy is better. That being said, I haven't seen his pitfalls.

So I still rate them pretty close.

Week 11

Ronnie Brown
188 carries for 712 yards and 5 TDs
28 receptions for 246 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 958 yards

Cadillac Williams
166 carries for 619 yards and 1 TD
23 receptions for 149 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 768 yards

And just for good measure...

Cedric Benson
79 carries for 266 yards and 3 TDs
5 receptions for 24 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 290 yards

Finole said:
Ronnie Brown
188 carries for 712 yards and 5 TDs
28 receptions for 246 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 958 yards

Cadillac Williams
166 carries for 619 yards and 1 TD
23 receptions for 149 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 768 yards

Cedric Benson
79 carries for 266 yards and 3 TDs
5 receptions for 24 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 290 yards

Frank Gore
165 carries for 831 yards 4 td's
33 receptions for 261 yards 0 Td's

Total for 2006 so fAR 1094 YARDS

Dolfan984 said:
and tons of fumbles

Gore has lost 4 fumbles and Ronnie has lost 2

Caddy 1 and Benson 0. Gore is also averaging 5 yards a carry to Ronnie's 4.

Ronnie lost 4 fumbles last year and Gore lost 2 so for thier career they have 6 fumbles apiece and Ronnie has carried the ball a 100 times more though.

dlockz said:
Frank Gore
165 carries for 831 yards 4 td's
33 receptions for 261 yards 0 Td's

Total for 2006 so fAR 1094 YARDS

You missed the point and didn't bother to read the six pages that came before your post. There are always going to be great players taken in the later rounds.

Yes, Gore is having a great year, and may very well turn out to be one of the best RBs in that draft. But he wasn't an option at the #2 overall spot.

NOBODY rated him that high. And he would have been a reach beyond all reaches. If you've got the #2 overall pick, and your team desperately needs a RB and QB, you damn well better pick the best RB or QB coming out.

This thread was started to give us something, anything, to feel good about back when the Fins were losing every game. And I'm not going to stop updating it just because we're winning.

It's not like we took Vick over LT. Geez!

Finole said:
You missed the point and didn't bother to read the six pages that came before your post. There are always going to be great players taken in the later rounds.

Yes, Gore is having a great year, and may very well turn out to be one of the best RBs in that draft. But he wasn't an option at the #2 overall spot.

NOBODY rated him that high. And he would have been a reach beyond all reaches. If you've got the #2 overall pick, and your team desperately needs a RB and QB, you damn well better pick the best RB or QB coming out.

This thread was started to give us something, anything, to feel good about back when the Fins were losing every game. And I'm not going to stop updating it just because we're winning.

I say we should have traded down if possible but from all accounts nobody wanted to trade up. i'm fine with Ronnie especially since there were no other alternatives. I would have loved more picks but no one player really makes me regret our pick now if you ask me about this year's pick that is another story.

dlockz said:
I say we should have traded down if possible but from all accounts nobody wanted to trade up. i'm fine with Ronnie especially since there were no other alternatives. I would have loved more picks but no one player really makes me regret our pick

Exactly.

dlockz said:
now if you ask me about this year's pick that is another story.

An offensive lineman would have had more of an immediate impact, but I think Jason Allen is going to be a big part of our defense for many years to come.

Finole said:

I was just updating the numbers since Gore was left out of the equation.
This whole question of reach is more of an opinion because if a guy produces
the reach talk will end. Some call Ronnie a reach but today's draft is more about what you do at the combine than what you actually do in games so in that context Ronnie was not a reach. There has probably never been a runningback selected that high that did less in college than Brown. Not a knock just a reality.

Week 16

Ronnie Brown
220 carries for 893 yards and 5 TDs
32 receptions for 266 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 1159 yards

Cadillac Williams
225 carries for 798 yards and 1 TD
30 receptions for 196 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 994 yards

Cedric Benson
144 carries for 538 yards and 6 TDs
7 receptions for 32 yards

Total for 2006 so far: 570 yards

I still take Caddy. He is probably playing with the worst offensive line in all of football, and his team has no talent. The dolphins line is underrated and they are pretty talented across the offense, they just are big underachievers as usual.

I still take Caddy. He is probably playing with the worst offensive line in all of football, and his team has no talent. The dolphins line is underrated and they are pretty talented across the offense, they just are big underachievers as usual.

Of course I'm going to disagree with you, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think Ronnie is a better overall back than Williams. Ronnie can block and is more of a threat as a reciever, IMO. I think Williams has more explosivness when hitting the holes where as Ronnie is more patient and that sometimes results in nothing. I'm still glad we took Ronnie over the other two at this point, but there's still time for all three to make improvment.

Well, considering Brown has 95 more yards in 5 fewer carries and has maintained a much higher ypc throughtout his career..........I'd say you're full of sh_t.

As for Frank Gore, there is no doubt he's the best RB of this class so far......He's also been one of the top 3 runningbacks in the NFL this year. Nobody has ever doubted Gore's talent, just his ability to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom