Ronnie's a bust | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie's a bust

madisonfan90

I run Buffalo
Reaction score
I dont mean bust as in completely useless like Reggie Bush but a bust as in he didnt meet expectations. Being taken #2 he should be averaging over 1000 yards a year, look at AP in Minny. Ronnies only toppled it once and barely albeit (2006 - 1,008 yards). I know hes a beast and hes semi productive but lets be honest he has not produced like a #2 overall pick should. On top of that hes been injury riddled every season. We should feel damn lucky that Ricky came back otherwise our ground game would rely on Ronnie alone, until hes lost for the year that is. Then Hilliard and Cobbs would carry us, could you imagine that? This isnt a hate Ronnie thread, more like be realistic about Ronnie. Thoughts?

If it wasn't for injuries Ronnie Brown would of had a couple great seasons but it is what it is.

Ronnie (when healthy) is SOLID by all accounts.He's just not an elite back.There's only afew of those anymore.These two-headed running attacks take "ELITE" out of the conversation.

Adrian Peterson - Besides his rookie year he has topped 1300 yards twice and 1700 yards once.

Chris Johnson - Over 1200 his first year cracked 2000 yards his 2nd year.

Marshawn Lynch - Over 1000 yards his first two seasons.

Ronnie Brown - Barely topped 1000 once.

its the team of ronnie ricky, not one or the other that is elite. but hey never read anything like this on finheaven =P

its the team of ronnie ricky, not one or the other that is elite. but hey never read anything like this on finheaven =P

Ricky Williams is elite. Few backs ever reach 1,800 yards in a season. If he didnt miss the 04 and 06 seasons he could be over 10,000 yards for his career.

I don't consider a player a bust unless they just plain suck when they are on the field. (See Ted Ginn...) Ronnie does not suck when he is on the field...he is a good player; however, was he worthy of his pick based on how good he is on the field ...probably not.

when ronnie is healthy he is a frinkin monster, just watch some highlight videos

Meh. Who cares. In the end we're all going to be cheering our ***** off for "the bust" tomorrow.

I like Ronnie, but I have to agree. Talent is there, but durability issues have prevented him from truly having a break through year individually. Still been a good football player for us. Very versatile, and has career 4.0 ypc average.

With that being said, who careers. Sunday is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom