Ronnie's a bust | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie's a bust

Just how many touches do these other backs get compared to Ronnie. Do their teams have two primary backs like Miami has? Unfair comparisons IMHO. I do wish he would stay healthy however. I believe we would have both backs with 1000+ yard seasons.

I dont mean bust as in completely useless like Reggie Bush but a bust as in he didnt meet expectations. Being taken #2 he should be averaging over 1000 yards a year, look at AP in Minny. Ronnies only toppled it once and barely albeit (2006 - 1,008 yards). I know hes a beast and hes semi productive but lets be honest he has not produced like a #2 overall pick should. On top of that hes been injury riddled every season. We should feel damn lucky that Ricky came back otherwise our ground game would rely on Ronnie alone, until hes lost for the year that is. Then Hilliard and Cobbs would carry us, could you imagine that? This isnt a hate Ronnie thread, more like be realistic about Ronnie. Thoughts?

LMAO sooooooo effing hard @ this ^^

You failed the thread on the 1st sentence, nice.

I just focus on the main thing which is at Buffalo tomorrow. Run Ronnie Run! :hump:

clear.gif

This place is full of beaten dead horses.

Sounds like a great name for a new forum, lying somewhere between "Beasts of the AFC East" and "The Depths of the Sea" lies... "The Beaten Horse."

Suitable topics:

Ginn vs. Quinn
Culpepper over Brees
Not drafting Brees in the first place
Ronnie's a bust
Anything about J.T.
Anything about $aban
Anything about 1-15

The possibilities are endless.

:lol:

If you take a RB at #2, they need to be a perennial pro bowler.

I am not sure that makes Brown a "bust", but definitely a disappointing pick.

You also need to look at the '05 draft and realize it was extremely weak. About 80% of that 1st rd has underachieved or were a bust. Getting Ronnie from that weak draft was a good thing even if it was at #2 overall.

To put a different pin on that beaten horse, the OP raises an interesting point. Ted Ginn and Jason Allen sucked/do suck yet time and time again I see people refer to where they were drafted. Same with Jake. I don't recall anyone ever raising that point with Ronnie. With the amount of injury time he has lost, you would expect more production from the #2 choice.

Jesus f#####g christ, debbie f#####g downers, will you give it a f#####g rest.
Keep this sh#t off the main board, this is the miami f#####g dolphins.
If you want to be a downer be a f#####g jet.............:smackdown:

Would you rather have Marshawn Lynch than Brown? The argument is full of flaws. In the draft that we picked #2 the draft unfortunately was not that strong. I remember it really being between Ronnie and Cadillac and Ronnie has been better than Cadillac IMO. He's had his share of injuries but he has been huge for this team. No way can you call him a bust. Jemarcus Russell is a bust. Not Ronnie Brown.

He is not a bust by any means but wouldn't you expect more production at that spot?

I'd say some of you are pretty anxious for tomorrows game. Calm down.

Would you rather have Marshawn Lynch than Brown? The argument is full of flaws. In the draft that we picked #2 the draft unfortunately was not that strong. I remember it really being between Ronnie and Cadillac and Ronnie has been better than Cadillac IMO. He's had his share of injuries but he has been huge for this team. No way can you call him a bust. Jemarcus Russell is a bust. Not Ronnie Brown.

I remember so many people clamoring for Cadillac... We definitely picked the better back. Is there a better back out of that draft class? I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom