Ronnie's a bust | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie's a bust

I stopped reading when I got to "Reggie Bush is useless".

Ronnie is a scary back to face, obviously his problem has been staying healthy.

The "Ronnie's a bust" talk always cracks me up. My buddy was a 49ers fan, and I razzed him pretty good about what d-bag Smith was being in his contract negotiations. "You can't even guarantee me that this guy isn't going to totally suck." I told him.

"No way in hell that happens. Alex Smith is a franchise QB, and he should be paid like it."

:lol:

They could have taken Ronnie, you know. Then what?

i believe Ronnie was leading the league in yards and averaged 5.1 ypc in 07 before he hurt his knee and factor in Ricky taking away carries in 05 and 08 (Ronnie had 900 yards) thats three more years Ronnie would of had over 1000 yards

Good god, here we are on th brink of another season on Dolphins football and instead of being excited, you come here with this??? Ok sparky, for the last time, football is a team sport. Who the hell cares about stats when the only thing that matters in the number in the win column??? It doesn't matter if you like the way it's done or not, the fact is that Ronnie Brown helps us put more tallies in the column on the left.

Neither Reggie or Ronnie are busts. That's it.

This place has become depressing. Just two weeks ago we talked about Marshall, Henne, Dansby, young promising players, etc. Now everybody is a downer. Get over it and just watch the game.

I remember so many people clamoring for Cadillac... We definitely picked the better back. Is there a better back out of that draft class? I'm not sure.
Ronnie was the best back in the draft. How ironic that both have suffered from injuries in their NFL careers.

This whole thread is just arguing semantics. It all depends on your definition of a bust. In my mind a bust is someone who is completely worthless. Somebody that is not even worthy of a 5th rd pick. Ronnie is not a bust IMO. I also believe if he could have stayed healthy I believe he would be worthy of that no. 2 pick, but as it is his production has not matched because he has missed so many games.

Ronnie was the best back in his draft class, so the Dolphins picked the best that they could at the time. He is what most people expected. A good power back with durability issues.

Ronnie Browns injury prone thats it, if healthy last year and 2007 he would have had pro bowl years. 2008 they worked in Ricky alot and thats what kept Ronnie from hitting 1000 yards. Also if he was on a different team without Ricky he prolly get 90 percent of the carries but he doesnt here since they split between both. To me thats better to keep both these backs fresh.
But even with that it goes back to injuries.
Ronnie can make people miss and run u over
Ronnie is great in the wildcat
Ronnie is a great pass catcher
Ronnie is a great team Player.

Ricky has better burst hitting the hole he hits either it be the right choose or wrong
Ricky prolly faster also
Ricky pass catching has gotting better except his fumbles still haunt him

I rather have these two backs then most, only other tandem i like that compares and is younger is D. William / Stewart Panthers

If it wasn't for injuries Ronnie Brown would of had a couple great seasons but it is what it is.

As a friend of mine who owns Thoroughbred racehorses said, "You can't be great if you can't run", meaning that it doesn't matter how fast a horse is if it's not sound (ie, healthy) enough to race. That goes for football players, too. They can't be great if they can't get on the field.

As a friend of mine who owns Thoroughbred racehorses said, "You can't be great if you can't run", meaning that it doesn't matter how fast a horse is if it's not sound (ie, healthy) enough to race. That goes for football players, too. They can't be great if they can't get on the field.
But he has been on the field. It's not like he is Yatil Green. Would I say he is great? No. Definitely not a bust either though.

Yea well at least he isn't Beast Mode rolling around with guns and hitting pedestrians. My friends in Buffalo tell me he's been known to be out on Chippawah at the clubs late on game nights, and he even snorts that tony montana. Which is probably why you always see him on the bike on the sideline and feeling dehydrated.

to reply to the OP- reggie bush is not a bust. he helped guide his team to a super bowl last season with his game against arizona

This is a pointless thread. It's the day before the first game, why don't we have some positivity around here.

Back
Top Bottom