Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Michael Deiter Seamlessly Slides Into Left Tackle

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
“Just another day of playing football.”

That’s how rookie Michael Deiter described being moved from left guard to left tackle after Jesse Davis went down with an arm injury early in the second quarter in his third NFL game.
Given the task of facing the talented Dallas Cowboys defensive line, Deiter turned in a more than respectable performance.

Deiter (pronounced DEET-er) came to Wisconsin from Ohio, where he was a first-team All-State pick and the Division IV Lineman of the Year. After redshirting in 2014, he started all 13 games, seven at left guard and six at center. Big Ten coaches voted him honorable mention all-conference as a sophomore after he split 14 starts between center (10) and left guard (4). In 2017, he was a first-team all-conference pick as a 14-game starter at left tackle. National media voted Deiter onto the Associated Press second-team All-American squad after his senior season and he returned to the first-team All-Big Ten pick as well due to his play in 13 starts at left guard.

Some will get it, some of you youngin’s won’t. :lol:
InsistentSecretClam-size_restricted.gif

It might be a bit early for that.

Much like it was a bit early to trash a 3rd round pick who had never played an NFL game.

As a rookie, he's already starting and grading out very well...

If the meatheaded haters cant see this... well, I'd say that I feel sorry for them, but momma said that lying was sinful.

...and Dieter will remain a Guard. Yesterday was just an instance of a guy pitching in during a storm.

Kid didn't embarrass himself which could have happened easily.

He needs to continue to work and develop as a PRO but he's shown

pretty well overall. Certainly can't trash the pick at this point.

Team him with a monster C and OT and let's roll!

I'd rather keep him at guard, find someone else to play LT. Likely Webb. Prince to RT.

Maybe have to bring sam young back lol

Yeah! All of our players struggle against speed rushers. Their feet and kick is just too slow.

Back
Top Bottom