Roquan Smith to the Ravens | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roquan Smith to the Ravens

It's very possible we did go after him and maybe chicago didn't want to send him to the team they're about to play and maybe thought the ravens draft picks will end up being higher. 🤷‍♂️

Cool, you can have a 2nd and a future 4th or a 2nd and one of our thirds.

No excuse, if we were interested, that we couldn't beat a 2nd and 5th.

Chicago will take the better pick regardless of then playing us or not. Especially when they're planning for the future now.

silly we did not get in the mix, he checks a lot of needs for us.

Not that I am aware of.

I dunno the answer to that.

But, if we did and they did, ok fine.

But if Miami did make an offer and lost because they wouldn't do a little better than a 2nd and a 5th than it would be even worse IMO.

Listen, I have been a huge supporter of the moves or lack of moves.

Maybe they prove me wrong.

However, Smith, to me, was a no-brainer. It's a Championship making move
You seem to know what transpired between Chicago and other teams by your previous post which is why I was asking.

Maybe Smith didn't want to come here. Some of you make it sound like we could have had him no matter what but because we didn't get him you know Grier sucks.

Miami doesn’t want to pay any more money in linebackers. That’s why they brought all the bums back from last season for cheap. Baltimore going to have to pay Smith now and they still haven’t paid Lamar
That's a good point. If they have to use the franchise tag on Lamar after this season Smith will probably leave. I think he will end up being a rental for the Ravens and be on a different team next season.

Last edited:
You seem to know what transpired between Chicago and other teams by your previous post which is why I was asking.

Maybe Smith didn't want to come here. Some of you make it sound like we could have had him no matter what but because we didn't get him you know Grier sucks.

1- never said I knew what transpired
2- never said Grier sucks, As a matter of fact I said this was the first time I was upset with Grier or them.
3- never said we could have him no matter what.

4- I very clearly said if we could have had him for a 2nd and 5th but chose not to I obviously hate the move.

Edit------
Ahhhh, I think I see what sparked your comment. When I stated nice to know a 2nd and 5th was too much..... fair enough

Last edited:
That's a good point. If they have to use the franchise tag on Lamar after this season Smith will probably leave. I doubt he will be on the Ravens in 2023.

Do you honestly believe the Ravens traded for Smith With expecting to extend him?

Hey, I hope you're right. I really do

Do you honestly believe the Ravens traded for Smith With expecting to extend him?

I think because of what they gave up, they plan on extending him, they’re not happy with Queen and that other guy they drafted

They have to worry about paying Lamar first and if they have to use the franchise tag on him Smith will be free to leave. I think he will get a bigger contract elsewhere.

They have to worry about paying Lamar first and if they have to use the franchise tag on him Smith will be free to leave. I think he will get a bigger contract elsewhere.

Was Roquan tagged this year?

Back
Top Bottom