Roquan Smith to the Ravens | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roquan Smith to the Ravens

Everyone acting like they

1. Didn’t try (we don’t know for sure)
2. Acting like the Asking price was the same as the Ravens, they may have told Miami a 1st and 3rd (who knows)

This isn’t apples to apples I can guarantee you if Miami was in on this that wasn’t the asking price they were given. The fact they play the bears and not only could he help them Game plan but shut down the one thing they have going for them, fields scrambling, it’s just not a good move for them to trade with Miami.
They make it sound too simple.

Ravens made a bad move... Good for us.

Smith will be a free agent after this season. If they use the tag on Lamar Jackson then Smith could leave for a bigger contract elsewhere.

The Ravens have no cap issues. They have plenty.

Per spotrac they have over 30 million they can roll over.

Tagging Jackson, Signing Jackson, signing Smith.

They have no cap concerns on any of those issues

The Ravens have no cap issues. They have plenty.

Per spotrac they have over 30 million they can roll over.

Tagging Jackson, Signing Jackson, signing Smith.

They have no cap concerns on any of those issues
I'm just saying if they have to use the franchise tag on Jackson then they won't be able to use it on Smith and he might want to test the market.

I don't pretend to know much about these types of things, but maybe Roquan's salary was too much for us to take on? Is it as simple as just giving them a 2nd and 3rd I stead of a 2nd and 5th? It seems like our salary cap situation may play a part as well...I don't know. I can't believe the front office didn't at least consider trying to deal for him. Something had to either scare us off, or Roquan just didn't want to come to Miami.

I don't pretend to know much about these types of things, but maybe Roquan's salary was too much for us to take on? Is it as simple as just giving them a 2nd and 3rd I stead of a 2nd and 5th? It seems like our salary cap situation may play a part as well...I don't know. I can't believe the front office didn't at least consider trying to deal for him. Something had to either scare us off, or Roquan just didn't want to come to Miami.

Well, if salary was a concern.... Miami should have no interest in Hunt, Conklin, Chubb, Burns etc.

I dunno who Miami is interested in or if they even have interest.

But if salary cap was a concern Miami should not be players or looking.

If salary is not an issue i would rather trade for a guy with no injury concerns over the aforementioned guys

Well, if salary was a concern.... Miami should have no interest in Hunt, Conklin, Chubb, Burns etc.

I dunno who Miami is interested in or if they even have interest.

But if salary cap was a concern Miami should not be players or looking.

If salary is not an issue i would rather trade for a guy with no injury concerns over the aforementioned guys
I agree, I just wasn't sure how much we would have to move around to sign a Smith as opposed to a Hunt or Conklin. It just doesn't seem as easy as, hey this team got player X for a 2nd and 5th, how did we not pull the trigger. There has to be more going on behind the scenes....at least I hope so 🤷‍♂️

Speaking of Tindall, why does he not play?
He obviously isn’t ready to play many snaps. He wasn’t a starter at Georgia, so it’s not hard to believe that he isn’t prepared to play a lot for the Dolphins at this time.

He is going to be the highest paid LB in the league. People always seem to forget about salaries with trades. We have players that need to be paid soon. Is it really possible to have the highest paid WR, CB, OT and LB in the league?

Back
Top Bottom