Roquan Smith wants out | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roquan Smith wants out

I can only laugh at the people who want to trade Jones. If he's gone, who lines up on the other side of X? Needham? Noah?

Nope.
You can’t get something without giving something up. The improved pass rush would help compensate for less experienced Jones replacement.

Salary wise I asked the same question, north of 15 maybe? I would think a combo of a player or two and a 2nd/3rd might do it and I'm not thinking a star player.
I think you’d be looking at closer to 18-20 million and a significant out front sum.

Salary wise I asked the same question, north of 15 maybe? I would think a combo of a player or two and a 2nd/3rd might do it and I'm not thinking a star player.
Would you...Van Ginkel +a #2? Would Chicago?

I was talking to a friend this morning about the situation when i saw he demanded a trade. Preston Williams/Lynn Bowden with a 2 should get it done if they want to.

Maybe I'm off my rocker here, but I think one 1st round pick and a quality player is perfectly fair compensation for Roquan Smith. Whether the Bears agree with me is a different story.

I was talking to a friend this morning about the situation when i saw he demanded a trade. Preston Williams/Lynn Bowden with a 2 should get it done if they want to.
A 7th round receiver, a FA receiver, and a 2nd. And folks here call ME delusional. He’s 25, an All Pro.
Maybe I'm off my rocker here, but I think one 1st round pick and a quality player is perfectly fair compensation for Roquan Smith. Whether the Bears agree with me is a different story.
well, our first will be around 20-24, and I’m curious as to whom you think would be the quality player. I suggested Jones to lose his 16 million buck salary, and is more value than our 5th and 6th,! receivers who many wave around as actually worthy compared to an All Pro LB.

BTW, all the Media have included the Dolphins in the possible Smith derby. I’ll wager it will take more than 2 non starting receivers, and a low #1 to get him. Watch the madness if in fact Smith isn’t bluffing.

It’s not happening. We will not trade for Smith. Bank it.

I’m on the fence with that but if coach is ok with it so would I. Love VG but RS is way better.I think it will take more
I have to differ. AVG is too valuable. Jones salary alone makes for a more equitable deal. I believe at this juncture, AVG has more upside and makes more dynamic plays than Jones. JMO.

The salary cap goes up every year... and every year a 25 year old-ish player 'sets the market'.

The current high per/year salary for a LB is 19.7M/year... Smith will get more than that.

Back
Top Bottom