Roquan Smith wants out | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roquan Smith wants out

Would love to get this guy. A package with Byron Jones, Mike Gesicki, and 2 1st round picks might get him? Our First rounders will not be high picks, so it might have to be more.
Elmer Fudd could play QB with the Dolphins having a defense with Smith.
wow....thats a massive outlay for a LB. Maybe Jones and 1 x first rounder at most, but not what you have offered....

Not just ANY LB. 2nd team All Pro. A tackling machine and 25 years old. With our new receivers, Gesicki will be lucky to snag 50 throws. Jones is hitting the cap for what, 16 million? He is also a good teammate and really solid guy. But I just think having to plan for Smith will give others like Baker and AVG and Seiler more opportunities to make plays. JMO.

Probably would cost an arm and a leg, but worth it like Tyreek was. He would elevate our defense from damn good to flat out elite. He’s surely one of the best inside linebackers in all of football and only 25.

He’s “**** them picks” worthy, I’ll say that.
Couldn’t agree more.

A 7th round receiver, a FA receiver, and a 2nd. And folks here call ME delusional. He’s 25, an All Pro.

well, our first will be around 20-24, and I’m curious as to whom you think would be the quality player. I suggested Jones to lose his 16 million buck salary, and is more value than our 5th and 6th,! receivers who many wave around as actually worthy compared to an All Pro LB.

Even though I haven't been the biggest fan of Byron Jones (at his current salary), take him away Noah is starting opposite X, which could be a huge mess. Our 0 Blitz packages wouldn't work with just one shutdown corner. I'd be willing to part with AVG (even though I like him) or Jerome Baker.

Even though I haven't been the biggest fan of Byron Jones (at his current salary), take him away Noah is starting opposite X, which could be a huge mess. Our 0 Blitz packages wouldn't work with just one shutdown corner. I'd be willing to part with AVG (even though I like him) or Jerome Baker.
Losing Jones would make me nervous as well, I personally don't think Ig is ready to take the corner opp X (hope i'm wrong). Jones can't catch but does play well.

Smith: 3 seasons, 348 solo tackles, 14 sacks, 5 INTs. He is game planned by opposing teams, aaBaker? Not so much. He’s 6’1”, 238 pounds, not small as someone commented.
RkPlayerFromToAVGSoloAstQBHitsTFLSkFFFRYdsTDIntYdsTD
1Jerome Baker201820212664265144352317.050003591
2Roquan Smith201820214161348176174314.011005911

They are both similar in stats. Smith is better in the run game for sure.

I'm not disliking the player at all but the trade scenario that you put forward in this thread does not make any sense to me. You want to give up those assets and then pay the man top dollar. Not something I really want the organisation to do right now. Great player but not for the price you have laid out. I certainly wouldn't pay more for him than what was sent for Kalil Mack...
And Baker has been a pro bowler when?
Because you put it that way...
And Smith has been a pro bowler when?

If we were to make a run at Smith, I think we would have to trade Baker. He has 10M, 12M and 14M cap hits the next 3 seasons. Hard to keep him after drafting Tindall and making a huge trade for Smith (plus giving him a massive contract). I’d trade him before Jones just because we can get out of the laters contact after this season.

Would love to get this guy. A package with Byron Jones, Mike Gesicki, and 2 1st round picks might get him? Our First rounders will not be high picks, so it might have to be more.
Elmer Fudd could play QB with the Dolphins having a defense with Smith.
If he's the guy you need to win the Super Bowl, then MAYBE. He doesn't score TD's and we're not there just yet. I love the player but that's a ridiculous amount of compensation, unless your the Texicans... Then there's the salary he's going to want. We have the top WR, salary, top LT salary, and one of the top Corner salary's. How much more can any team absorb? Nice thought, but way too expansive, both ways.

Last edited:
My prediction is Smith and the Bears will come to an agreement on a new contract and he remains with the Bears. This entire demand to be traded is nothing but a desire for more money and if he’s as great as some on here claim he is, the Bears will not trade him but will resign him to a new contract instead.

Teams average about 3 Pro Bowlers or less in a given year. Smith is very good but ILB is not where I would want to pay Pro Bowl salaries. I'd take QB/WR/CB/DL/T in that order long before an ILB...

RkPlayerFromToAVGSoloAstQBHitsTFLSkFFFRYdsTDIntYdsTD
1Jerome Baker201820212664265144352317.050003591
2Roquan Smith201820214161348176174314.011005911

They are both similar in stats. Smith is better in the run game for sure.

I'm not disliking the player at all but the trade scenario that you put forward in this thread does not make any sense to me. You want to give up those assets and then pay the man top dollar. Not something I really want the organisation to do right now. Great player but not for the price you have laid out. I certainly wouldn't pay more for him than what was sent for Kalil Mack...

Because you put it that way...
And Smith has been a pro bowler when?
2nd team All Pro last year.

Back
Top Bottom