Roquan Smith wants out | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roquan Smith wants out

RkPlayerFromToAVGSoloAstQBHitsTFLSkFFFRYdsTDIntYdsTD
1Jerome Baker201820212664265144352317.050003591
2Roquan Smith201820214161348176174314.011005911

They are both similar in stats. Smith is better in the run game for sure.

I'm not disliking the player at all but the trade scenario that you put forward in this thread does not make any sense to me. You want to give up those assets and then pay the man top dollar. Not something I really want the organisation to do right now. Great player but not for the price you have laid out. I certainly wouldn't pay more for him than what was sent for Kalil Mack...

Because you put it that way...
And Smith has been a pro bowler when?
Grouper, that’s the scenario that got us Hill. No players, but lots of draft picks… more valuable to the Chiefs as they KNOW how to draft. And We are paying huge money for Hill.

If we were to make a run at Smith, I think we would have to trade Baker. He has 10M, 12M and 14M cap hits the next 3 seasons. Hard to keep him after drafting Tindall and making a huge trade for Smith (plus giving him a massive contract). I’d trade him before Jones just because we can get out of the laters contact after this season.

Nah I’m keeping baker. A linebacking core of Baker, smith and Tindall sounds like maybe the most terrifying linebacker trio the league has ever seen. How do you game plan for that? Imagine blitzing them in a cover 0, teams wouldn’t be able to finish their dropback. Give up some picks and rearrange the cap, trying to buy a Super Bowl here.

Well, I guess remembering how Sam Huff handled Jim Brown, LT handled everyone, and Zach controlled the middle, I have a slightly different take. He is prolly a top 3 LB. Right now, we have 1 top 3 receiver, 1 top 5 corner. Period. Having a top 3 LB would lift the defense from a top 12 defense to top 6 or 7… at least. IMO of course.

If only CG could evaluate OLinemen better.

We can say it's Grier's evaluation if the current coaches can't get anything out of the young guys. First blame goes to Flo and his crap coaching hires. 4 OL coaches in 3 years?

Here is my thought.

If he can be had for the 49ers 1st round pick and you can get a deal done - do it.

As a contrarian, we are talking a position that many disregard or underinvest in. So to do better than marginally on such a key role is good. To be transcendent is better, while you aren’t paying your QB. Do not get worked up about contracts and stuff like they aren’t. We have few weaknesses, if not THIS role and guy.

You are not going to get this sort of impact from anyone not named Tyreek Hill in a trade. Xavien Howard is off books 2-3 years.

Get this man if it isn’t a ransom, sign Wilkins. Crush it.

BTW - why is an off ball linebacker who ranks in the top 5 or so in the last decade not a premium position? Based on what analysis, other than positional bias and trends in salaries and draft slots? He can play the pass, if that’s the bias.

Would love to get this guy. A package with Byron Jones, Mike Gesicki, and 2 1st round picks might get him? Our First rounders will not be high picks, so it might have to be more.
Elmer Fudd could play QB with the Dolphins having a defense with Smith.
Gesicki plus a 2nd or 1st and no Gesicki

Back
Top Bottom