Rosen starting v Cowboys | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen starting v Cowboys

Glad that there will be something interesting to watch. I think if he can stay on the field his play will come around. I worry about him exposing himself to hits like young QB's tend to do, even more so in this day and age when for whatever reason (perhaps the rules trying to grant them protection causing them to play more reckless) young QB's just seem to have a way of doing.

The timing for announcing it was a little odd though. We already announced Fitz as the starter for the week, then found Rosen splitting reps and later named starter today. I can only hope its because Rosen just played to a level in practice that the staff just had to recognize it was best for the team.

For better or worse, we're finally ensuring we found out what our young QB can do as a starter, which is what we need to find out this season.

Come on! Tannehill's OL were typically bad. But they were never this bad...ever!
Actually, they were worse. The line that Tannehill played behind either as a rookie or in his 2nd season, can't recall which, was one of the 10 worst OL's in the history of the NFL since they started keeping OL stats. It wasn't just the worst of the season, it was one of the worst of all times. As horrible as our OL is now … his was worse. Then again … the season is young … who knows how bad our current OL will be by the end of the year, LOL.

Not to get all serious or nuthin' like that but...

folks talking about 'tanking' are REALLY so scared of losing they need an excuse BEFORE hand.

Ride the ride and enjoy the show. Be brave. :p

Yeah its not like Rosen hasn't already gotten the first overall pick for another team or anything.

Actually, they were worse. The line that Tannehill played behind either as a rookie or in his 2nd season, can't recall which, was one of the 10 worst OL's in the history of the NFL since they started keeping OL stats. It wasn't just the worst of the season, it was one of the worst of all times. As horrible as our OL is now … his was worse. Then again … the season is young … who knows how bad our current OL will be by the end of the year, LOL.

Then we're going to have to disagree. Sure there were series where it seemed like no one blocked...but there were times when he had time to sit back there and look around.
This years OL, so far, looks like like swiss cheese on partically every play.

Rosen would have to be a disaster or get hurt to justify ever giving the ball back to Fitzpatrick.
We're going to have pretty much a full year to evaluate this kid in our system.

Now they will finish the tank job on rosen. Funny how there is massive talk from the nfl talking heads on the team brass sabotaging rosen's career and never planned to advance him and suddenly he is starting (right after florez named fitzPICKtrick the starter for the cowpies). Look for lots of VERY deep balls called against the blitz (with lot's of sacks), as cowpies pray for, throwing out of formations the cowpies have already sniffed out a dozen times in the game, etc..... . Then the speach from flires about the hero is always the back up qb and "see, he still isn't ready like we said", etc.... . I mean really! Its tale tell enough they decide to start him against the cowpies and their stout defense ON THE ROAD!!

I have wanted 2 things:

1. For the leauge to investigate this tank crap and get the ball rolling for boss ross to sell the team.

2. For Josh Rosen to file a grievance against the finz for willfully jeoperdize his career and not dealing in good faith.
Possibly the worst post of 2019.

And that is saying a lot around these parts.

Come on! Tannehill's OL were typically bad. But they were never this bad...ever!

I've never seen a worse performance from an offensive line than at Buffalo week 16 of 2013, but Rt at least theoretically never had a line so completely devoid of actual talent.

I believe Marino's first start was game 3 his first season. That pic may be where Shula decides to send him in.
Dan Marino came off the bench in relief in the 3rd game of the 1983 season trailing the Raiders 27-0. He threw two touchdown passes in the loss.

He did not start the following game against the Chiefs.

He did not start game 5 against the Saints.

He made his first start in game 6, a 38-35 shootout loss versus the Bills.

And the rest was history.

Last edited:
Here's how I see this playing out. Rosen tears it up and we gel like the Cleveland baseball team in Major League...we finish 12-4 and we win the Super Bowl in a nail biter over Arizona with a last second TD pass by Rosen just past Kyler Murray, who was inserted at FS. Pittsburgh goes 1-15, and we still get the first pick. Texans go 2-14, so we get the 2nd pick too.

Here's how I see this playing out. Rosen tears it up and we gel like the Cleveland baseball team in Major League...we finish 12-4 and we win the Super Bowl in a nail biter over Arizona with a last second TD pass by Rosen just past Kyler Murray, who was inserted at FS. Pittsburgh goes 1-15, and we still get the first pick. Texans go 2-14, so we get the 2nd pick too.
This scenario works for me!

Does this really seem to be the smart thing to do here? Start Rosen on the ROAD against potentially a Super Bowl contender. I guess it’s just why the Hell not, gotta see what we have huh?

As long as they feel he knows the offence than why not? It's not like all of a sudden there a high expectations for a W.

Back
Top Bottom