Rosen’s Slow Start | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Slow Start

Wata yah get when you cross Tannehill with draft prospects? Not a Rosen thread.

I’ll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

If Rosen doesn’t start, it’s back to good ol’ fashion Miami Dolphins purgatory. We will be in no mans land with a futureless journeyman who has the ability to win enough games to warrant him keeping the starting job late into the season.

Imagine only seeing Rosen for 3 or 4 games or worst case scenario, not at all. What then?

Why oh why did we have to go with the alpha competitive sports male grab crotch, spit and may the best man start mentality?

You signed a veteran, BACK-UP Qb. Let him be a veteran, back-up Qb.

You traded for a 1st round, blue chip prospect for the future. Give him every opportunity to show he’s the future.

If he can't beat out Fitzy, then he is not the future...

I’d gladly welcome these takes in the draft forum. I think they’re pretty good and would generate some discussion there.

I enjoy talking about Fromm’s tiny hands, propensity to fumble, his penchant for drifting straight back against pressure, and letting Bama’s backup quarterback beat him 2 games in a row playing with a lead.

I also enjoy hearing about his many positive attributes.
Lol, Roll Tide!!!

If he can't beat out Fitzy, then he is not the future...

Camp is camp. Game day is game day.

You’re obviously right but does it matter?

Fitzy has already beaten himself out of being a consistent starter. Give Rosen the same opportunity.

Camp is camp. Game day is game day.

You’re obviously right but does it matter?

Fitzy has already beaten himself out of being a consistent starter. Give Rosen the same opportunity.

Why? Why give a guy an opportunity if he hasn't earned it?

Tyrod didn’t beat out baker. He only got the gig out the gate cause of the head coach.

Let’s hope Flores is smarter than that.

And didn’t baker finally get a shot cause Tyrod got hurt?

"Finally"?

Baker Mayfield was a true rookie and came in after halftime of the 3rd game of the season.

There's a lot of stuff that people like to gloss over in this debate that I don't understand. People like to pretend that 1st year rookie = 2nd year player (e.g. "Josh Rosen can't beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick in camp so what, Baker Mayfield couldn't beat out Tyrod Taylor."). They like to pretend that 2nd year prospect = Draft prospect (e.g. "Where would Josh Rosen have been drafted in this class?").

I just wonder if people are rationally thinking this is a valid thing, or if they're essentially politicking because they've picked a "side".

Tyrod was playing horrific football when he got hurt. Think he left with like a hyperextended elbow or something.

But the writing was on the wall

Rosen’s already started 12 games as a rookie or something. Play the kid

Why do people think he has to start every single game, otherwise we won't know what we have? We haven't even had our first preseason game, and some have already deemed him a bust. I don't think it'll require 16 starts for professionals to evaluate what they have.

Why? Why give a guy an opportunity if he hasn't earned it?

This isn’t about the one but for the all. This isn’t about Fitz or Rosen and their opportunity. It’s about the future of the team.

And you could argue that Rosen earned it the second he was a top 10 pick. Earned it the moment we decided he was worth trading a 2 for. Earned it by not being 37 and on his 8th team in 14 years.

You’re going to type to me that Fitz starting is in the best interest of the future of this franchise because he earned it?

You’re a heck of an intelligent poster and you could sell ice to an Eskimo but you very well know that Fitz starting does nothing for our future.

So why give it to an undeserving Rosen? Because a very deserving fan base and desperate franchise should be given the opportunity to discover beyond a reasonable doubt if we still need a QB heading into the 2020 draft.

Why do people think he has to start every single game, otherwise we won't know what we have? We haven't even had our first preseason game, and some have already deemed him a bust. I don't think it'll require 16 starts for professionals to evaluate what they have.

Because people don’t watch practice, only games. So for them to be able to judge them they need to see him in games. While the actual people who matter watch them every day in practice and don’t have to see them in games to be able to judge them.

Back
Top Bottom