Rosen’s Slow Start | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Slow Start

Flores has a 5 year deal and an understanding from Ross that the team is in a rebuild. He and Grier are under no pressure to produce this year but rather to put the right pieces in place for the future. More motivation to start evaluating Rosen sooner than later after he gets his sealegs on the sidelines like Darnold did mid last season.
I’m just saying that this is the fans’ view and not the coaches’.

New coaching staff filled with coaches who have never done their job title before on an untalented team with huge offensive line problems?

Yeah, it's not on me, dudeski. Definition of insanity and whatnot...

I guess the results will be EXACTLY the same then. :wacky

I guess the results will be EXACTLY the same then. :wacky
Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. The only reason to expect that it will be better is blind hope, because there's nothing else that indicates that it should be different.

Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. The only reason to expect that it will be better is blind hope, because there's nothing else that indicates that it should be different.
That's like saying Murray will fail because a)frail mobile QBs get broken in half and b)Kingsbury's "system" has never been successful in lesser competition.

Hopefully if you cling to your premise of what happened in the past will happen again, you 'd have to agree wholeheartedly, amirite?

really? I guess player development doesn't really exist?

That's like saying Murray will fail because a)frail mobile QBs get broken in half and b)Kingsbury's "system" has never been successful in lesser competition.

Hopefully if you cling to your premise of what happened in the past will happen again, you 'd have to agree wholeheartedly, amirite?
Will they get broken in half? Eventually, probably, but who's to say that means they fail? Getting injured and succeeding are not mutually exclusive. Kingsbury? Sure, because I think that dude is somehow failing upwards.

As for my expectations on premises, I never said what has happened WILL happen. My point is that what has happened can't be swept under the rug by a million excuses, and then automatically expect future improvement and success because apparently that's inevitable.

I'm tired of the excuses as that happened for seven years with Tannehill. I'd rather just hold people accountable and to higher standards. Is it wrong to say that Rosen was a failure last year and hasn't been good this offseason and therefore we shouldn't automatically expect that he's going to be good? Is that really a reach there? I'm not sitting here being a hater. If he plays well and turns out to be real good, I'm all for it. But how about we stop with the laundry list of reasons why he has failed/is failing?

He's had a decent last week, not good, but decent by all the reports which actually gets me kind of excited to watch the first preseason game. I'm just leaving it at that for now.

really? I guess player development doesn't really exist?
Sure it does, but let's stop pretending like it's automatically going to happen for every single player that ever dons a Dolphin jersey. It's pure homerism.

Will they get broken in half? Eventually, probably, but who's to say that means they fail? Getting injured and succeeding are not mutually exclusive. Kingsbury? Sure, because I think that dude is somehow failing upwards.

As for my expectations on premises, I never said what has happened WILL happen. My point is that what has happened can't be swept under the rug by a million excuses, and then automatically expect future improvement and success because apparently that's inevitable.

I'm tired of the excuses as that happened for seven years with Tannehill. I'd rather just hold people accountable and to higher standards. Is it wrong to say that Rosen was a failure last year and hasn't been good this offseason and therefore we shouldn't automatically expect that he's going to be good? Is that really a reach there? I'm not sitting here being a hater. If he plays well and turns out to be real good, I'm all for it. But how about we stop with the laundry list of reasons why he has failed/is failing?

He's had a decent last week, not good, but decent by all the reports which actually gets me kind of excited to watch the first preseason game. I'm just leaving it at that for now.
When you consider that the AZ front office hired an il-equipped head coach first in Wilkes and then compounded the error by hiring Kingsbury who got fired for his losing record and was happy to take a USC OC job, I'd say the indictment is much more on Steve Keim than it is on Rosen when it comes to failing

When you consider that the AZ front office hired an il-equipped head coach first in Wilkes and then compounded the error by hiring Kingsbury who got fired for his losing record and was happy to take a USC OC job, I'd say the indictment is much more on Steve Keim than it is on Rosen when it comes to failing
Guess we'll find out if that's true if Rosen ever beats out a 14 year journeyman quarterback.

Guess we'll find out if that's true if Rosen ever beats out a 14 year journeyman quarterback.
If you look at some "stupid, brainless interceptions" compilations, Fitz is bound to show up more than most others. The coaches from NE will not put up with that for long.

NOTHING??
The play of williams and Baker this summer is nothing?
Flo firing his OL coach and the OL starts playing better is nothing?
Getting rid of the hated wide 9 is nothing?
The improvement of Rosen from day 1 of camp to now is nothing?

I agree there are no guarantees, I agree there seem to be some who think every variable will fall Miami's way, and I agree no one knows for sure until the season is half over, but "there's nothing else that indicates that it should be different" is just as wrong.

Sure it does, but let's stop pretending like it's automatically going to happen for every single player that ever dons a Dolphin jersey. It's pure homerism.

:bang:

Literally no one has said that. There's no point in discussion with you if you're going to tell others what they're saying instead of listening (reading).

:bang:

Literally no one has said that. There's no point in discussion with you if you're going to tell others what they're saying instead of listening (reading).
You're right. You didn't say it. You implied it. My bad.

You're discussing Rosen. I talk about what Rosen has been up to this point. You come back with "omg players can get better!" Thanks, I didn't know that, but to use it in your argument for Rosen is you sitting there sipping on your glass half full drink with rose colored glasses on.

Everyone in the entire NFL "could" get better, but that's a pointless thing to bring up if you're really trying to have an unbiased Rosen discussion.

NOTHING??
The play of williams and Baker this summer is nothing?
Flo firing his OL coach and the OL starts playing better is nothing?
Getting rid of the hated wide 9 is nothing?
The improvement of Rosen from day 1 of camp to now is nothing?

I agree there are no guarantees, I agree there seem to be some who think every variable will fall Miami's way, and I agree no one knows for sure until the season is half over, but "there's nothing else that indicates that it should be different" is just as wrong.
Huh? This entire discussion has been about Rosen only. Why are you bringing up everything else on the entire team?

Back
Top Bottom