Ross a Fin fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross a Fin fan

Kornnut

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A lot has been debated on here about what was his favorite team was. Kinda surprised me to see this.

In the past few years, after Ross' continued efforts to lobby for private funding for stadium renovations, he became incredibly frustrated by the politics that were thwarting his efforts. So frustrated, some will tell you, he even at one point considered selling altogether. Instead, though, something changed.
Ross, with billions of dollars at 75 years old, became convinced that he wanted to enjoy his time as the owner of the team he grew up loving. He did not want to continue beating his fist and his head against the table to get public funding when his own wallet was already overflowing. This does not make him a saint, of course, since taxpayers will argue that's the way it should always be.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-all-the-right-moves-in-inspired-offseason

I thought this was revealed when he bought the team. Maybe I'm thinking of a different owner, but I always thought he grew up a Fins fan.

Yeah .... and every soccer player that ever transferred to a bigger club "was a boyhood fan" of that club. Sometimes history is a bit revisionist.

I'm sure if he bought the Jets he would be a jets fan.

True... But I could still argue halsems still a steelers fan with the way he's running the browns lol

One could argue that Ross isn't a fin fan since he keeps extending sub par coaches lol

I always just thought he was a Michigan man? But I don't think it really matters who you liked growing up, as long you do everything to make your team a winner after buying them.

I always just thought he was a Michigan man? But I don't think it really matters who you liked growing up, as long you do everything to make your team a winner after buying them.

Well he hasn't done that unless you call extending Sparano and Philbin doing everything

Well he hasn't done that unless you call extending Sparano and Philbin doing everything

He wanted Harbaugh, but Harbaugh didn't want the Phins.....not Ross' fault. Good coaches didn't want to coach the Phins back then.

What are you talking about ?

He spends a boatload and gives his gms and players whatever money or tools necessary to win . Making the wrong choice doesn't mean your not doing everything you can . What are you talking about ??

When will people start realizing he's the OWNER not anything else . He's the ****ig OWNER :bobdole:

What are you talking about ?

He spends a boatload and gives his gms and players whatever money or tools necessary to win . Making the wrong choice doesn't mean your not doing everything you can . What are you talking about ??

When will people start realizing he's the OWNER not anything else . He's the ****ig OWNER :bobdole:
He is the owner that has given extensions to two coaches that have not got the job done

.. Not sure what point your missing

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

He wanted Harbaugh, but Harbaugh didn't want the Phins.....not Ross' fault. Good coaches didn't want to coach the Phins back then.
So that forces him to extend subpar coaches. Don't get that logic. He extended Philbin just recently

He is the owner that has given extensions to two coaches that have not got the job done

.. Not sure what point your missing

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

So that forces him to extend subpar coaches. Don't get that logic. He extended Philbin just recently

Well , the only goal in football is to win a Super Bowl so if you want to be extreme about your logic then , 31 coaches should have been fired last year

And therefor 31 owners don't do everything they can to win.

Back
Top Bottom